Sign in to follow this  
Cheeseness

DF Game Club: Discworld 2: Missing Presumed...!?

DOUBLE FINE GAME CLUB: Discworld 2: Missing Presumed...!? (starting 21st of March)

The Double Fine Game Club is a community run weekly event where interested gamers play through and come together to discuss what they do and don't like about a particular game (sort of like a book club, but for games). We usually aim to play one or two hours a week, and we normally have somebody streaming the current game so that those who don't have the game or don't feel like playing it again can still feel involved.

Discussion takes place here in the forums and on the Double Fine Game Club home page. Game Club is a very informal weekly chat, and everyone is welcome!

Previous game: Spy Fox 2: Some Assembly Required

Next Game: Sam & Max: Bright Side of the Moon

hSR7RCb.jpg

» » » CLICK HERE TO JOIN « « «

GAME CLUB SESSIONS

- 21st March, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 1st game session and general discussion (log)

- 28th March, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 2nd game session and general discussion (log)

- 4th April, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 3rd game session and general discussion log

ABOUT THE GAME

After Death reveals to the wizards at the Unseen University that he is on indefinite vacation, Rincewind finds himself burdened with tracking down Death and convincing him to take up the scythe once again.

MORTALS, THESE GAME CLUB SESSIONS WILL BE IN MEMORY OF THE LATE SIR TERRY PRATCHETT.

GAME CLUB INFO

- Double Fine Game Club home page (with webchat, stream and session countdown timer)

- Game Club IRC: #DFAdventure on irc.foonetic.net (use the link above if you're not sure)

- @DFGameClub on Twitter (keep track of announcements)

- Game Club planning thread

- Game Club F.A.Q.

Edited by Cheeseness
Fixed URLs after forum upgrade

Now here's a real adventure game! A bit easier than the first one, but then again, a bit easier than completely vague and extremely difficult isn't a bad thing! :D

Now here's a real adventure game! A bit easier than the first one, but then again, a bit easier than completely vague and extremely difficult isn't a bad thing! :D

Yeah, I had decided to stream this one over the first Discworld game because it stands on its own pretty well and the puzzle design isn't quite so... nonsensical. The first Discworld game is still definitely worth playing for the writing, art, and voice acting, but either play it with a guide by your side or be ready for an onslaught of beyond-moon logic puzzles.

I started this a few years back and got stuck halfway through. Good game though.

I remember walking around for hours, putting a wire pyramid on everything and Rincewind saying "I think it looks slightly older" *sigh*

We'll be going live with the first session in about 10 minutes. Come join us!

The chat log from last week's session is now up, and we're about to go live with our second one. Join us and chat about the game :D

The chat log from today's session is up. Thanks to everybody who joined us today and behaved civilly \o/

Final session begins in about 5 minutes. Come join us!

The chat log from our final session is up! Thanks to everybody who joined us.

Next week, we'll be making a start on the final episode of Telltale's first Sam & Max season, Bright Side of the Moon.

In the meantime though, what did everybody think of Discworld 2?

I hadn't finished this one, but I had played it briefly before. In spite of variation in the quality of voice acting and some mild pacing issues, I enjoyed both what I'd previously played and what I've seen :D

The first pastebin has been removed. Is this to do with civility issues?

That was the session I was away for. I can't remember if I uploaded it or if somebody else uploaded it for me, but I suspect it was accidentally put up with an expiry.

I'll have a hunt around and see if I can find another copy!

The first session's log is back up, thanks to beansmyname \o/

Sorry for any inconvenience :)