Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KestrelPi

First video footage of act 2.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/03/23/12-minutes-of-broken-age-act-2-on-ps4-ign-first

It's about 12 minutes of footage, fairly light on spoilery stuff if you've played Act 1. No puzzles are solved, just some exploration and dialogue, and no big revelations in any of that. I think they skipped some of the beginning of each part too so you won't see exactly from where Act 1 left off.

Some thoughts:

- The messed up version of the ship exploring music is super cool.

- I love the dialogue with Curtis

- It's cool to see all these characters again. It's really starting to feel like a complete game now that we're seeing these old characters in new contexts, now that the plot has moved on.

I tried to resist watching that, then caved and watched the first few second before convincing myself it's better to wait for the release. It's not particularly spoilery (unless you haven't played act one, obviously) but it's still dialogue from the game that I'd prefer hearing for the first time within the game.

Avoiding spoilers for the next few weeks is going to be rough for backers who were avoiding act one until the whole game is released (I'm not one of them, fortunately).

(I apologize in advance for my bad English: I'm French.)

I personally couldn't resist: so I watched it :).

I'm really hyped actually. I love the fact that we are exploring the same environnements with different characters. It's like having a whole new point of view of both universes. Also, puzzles seem to be a lot more challenging (like, for example, the one with F'ther and the knot... It seems kind of complicated).

I agree with KestrelPi on the fact that it's really starting to feel like a complete game. It's little bit like the first act was only the game's introduction and the second act will be the part when the game finally delivers on its potential. I thought some of the jokes were hilarious too (Vella meeting the ship's AI, Shay meeting Curtis, etc).

I'm looking forward to play this :).

Your English is perfect and I'm in total agreement - I couldn't resist watching this video either and I too am super hyped for Act II !

Sign in to follow this