Sign in to follow this  
ClapBedon

PhD student seeking to talk to you!

Hello fellow backers!

I am a PhD student in Strategic Management and Organization at the University of Alberta, and I am currently conducting research on crowdfunding. I was hoping some of you would be willing to talk to me?

More specifically, I hope to better understand the dynamics between creators (e.g. Double Fine) and their communities (e.g. you guys). What happened here over the last three is certainly one of the most interesting cases of crowdfunding to study. There has been a great deal of variation in terms of how people have responded to Broken Age over time, and I would like to capture that as much as possible.

I sincerely hope you will accept to be part of this research. If you do, please let me know here in this thread, or PM me, and we'll figure out a way to get in touch (phone, skype, google hangout, etc.).

Thanks a lot!

Hello fellow backers!

I am a PhD student in Strategic Management and Organization at the University of Alberta, and I am currently conducting research on crowdfunding. I was hoping some of you would be willing to talk to me?

More specifically, I hope to better understand the dynamics between creators (e.g. Double Fine) and their communities (e.g. you guys). What happened here over the last three is certainly one of the most interesting cases of crowdfunding to study. There has been a great deal of variation in terms of how people have responded to Broken Age over time, and I would like to capture that as much as possible.

I sincerely hope you will accept to be part of this research. If you do, please let me know here in this thread, or PM me, and we'll figure out a way to get in touch (phone, skype, google hangout, etc.).

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

sorry for taking so long to respond. Are you still looking for people to interview? If so, as someone who just finished his PhD myself, I'd of course be happy if I can help you out with yours!

I'm located in Germany so time zones could be easier but I think it's still manageable. Just let me know if you're still interested and I can send you my Skype user name or whatever way of communication you prefer.

Good luck with your PhD either way,

Christian

Hello fellow backers!

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

sorry for taking so long to respond. Are you still looking for people to interview? If so, as someone who just finished his PhD myself, I'd of course be happy if I can help you out with yours!

I'm located in Germany so time zones could be easier but I think it's still manageable. Just let me know if you're still interested and I can send you my Skype user name or whatever way of communication you prefer.

Good luck with your PhD either way,

Christian

Hi,

Yes, I would be happy to talk to you! I'll send you a PM so we can coordinate.

And congratulations on completing your own PhD :)

Best,

JF

Sorry for the overshare everyone! I had confused two tabs :)

I could be up for a skype audio chat sometime.

Smiles

I talked to ClapBedon (if that's even his real name) yesterday and it went well. Nothing to worry about. ;)

@Smiles: Great! I'll send you a PM so we can coordinate.

@flesk: Thanks for the kind words! I've enjoyed talking to you.

I'm also participating. Albeit in text interview form.

PS: About half done, JF. You'll be getting the first batch soon.

I've also done this and I just realised I got a couple of names mixed up when I recommended people to reach out to.

In case people are wondering I recommended both people whose views are similar and very different to my own on the project as a whole ;)

Thanks a lot for your help, people! It was fun chatting with you :)

There's still a lot of people I'd like to talk to, and I'll be starting another round of interviews next week.

you can PM me

Great! Sorry for the late reply, I was away for a few days. PM'ing you now :)

I just had an interview with ClapBedon and it was fun to stroll down memory lane. I encourage anyone who has the time, to schedule a chat -- no matter how you feel about Broken Age, -- it'd be great to have a lot of diverse and difference perspectives!

Fun pills and sleds for all those who get interviewed.

Smiles

Bump for science.

I chatted with him last week and it a was a no fuss no muss affair. If you're considering interviewing but remain unconvinced remember that it's for science. I mean, it might be evil science and ClapBedon may be trying to take over the world. But even given that unlikely turn of events ask yourself: really, who are we to judge?

I chatted with him last week and it a was a no fuss no muss affair. If you're considering interviewing but remain unconvinced remember that it's for science.

Yep, he's a nice guy and you'll just have an interesting chat for a while and then you've done something for science. Boom. Instant karma. There is no funner way to be able to stop helping old ladies across the street for the rest of the day.

Thanks for vouching for me guys!

And if there are others reading this thread, I still want to talk to you! :D

I just got a PM about this and sure, if you're looking for people still to get opinions/views from I'd be happy to chat on Skype either via text or voice. :)

Great! I am happy to be able to talk to you too! Let's coordinate over PMs.

Hey folks of all ilks...

those who loved the kickstarter, those hated it, those in between. Take some time and give JF a PM. In terms of research anything you offer would be worth it to be collected and analyzed.

I just finished a quite lengthy conversation and actually found myself coming up with an analogy about crowdfunding which I don't know if he'll use, but is now definitely going into some future projects of mine.

Hi fellow backers!

I just had a very pleasant conversation with JF. If he asks you to chat with him, please do!

I just spent 90 minutes writing up my answers to the questions, hit send and yahoo wanted a pass word change.
Annoying! Always heed the first rule of webmail: anything more than two sentences must be written in a local text editor.

I just finished the interview - it was really enjoyable! I was surprised at how much I had to say. JF was really cool, and the process is very relaxing.

If anyone's interested in participating, don't hesitate to post here or send ClapBedon a PM. The more data, the better! :)

Sign in to follow this