Sign in to follow this  
Tim Schafer

Welcome James Spafford, Double Fine's new community manager!

As you can see here in this amazingly-well-written news post, Double Fine finally has a community manager again. And a fine and familiar one at that!

Mr. James Spafford has been a friend of DF for years. He is a founder of The International House of Mojo, Idle Thumbs, and most recently the community manager for our friends at Media Molecule. (They miss him very much so please be nice to them if you see them.)

Sorry we went so long without a community manager. But those days are over. Let's never talk about them again.

Let us instead make fun of James for being English, making plenty of Marmite jokes, and occasionally speak of the great and glorious future of the Double Fine community!

Love,

Tim

Welcome, James! I've been going to Mojo for a long time now. Nice to see you around here.

Great news as this place could do with a more British sensibility (and spelling but that's another issue....).

Oooh I could just eat Marmite on toast right now.

Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

I'm a big, big, big time fan of this studio, and the legacy of games that came before it, so it's super weird and also super exciting to be here! I'm just getting my head around everything, and you know... playing games that aren't out yet (woohoo!) but I should hopefully start being useful soon. :)

We are ready to be managed! We are your pikmin! We are going to pick up SO many small objects together.

Awesome news, and excellent choice indeed. Welcome aboard Spaff. :)

I for one welcome our new community manager

To say it with the undying words of one Obi-Wan Kenobi: "Hello there!" :D

Not a fan. He/she/it locked my favourite thread for no good reason, then mooned me. I'm scarred.

Here in New Zealand we make our own Marmite.

It still tastes like shit.

Edit: Huh! I'd never tried the profanity filter on this forum before, that's some neat coding :D

I was wondering where the official welcome James to the community post was hiding.

Glad I found it even though I added him on Twitter and to my Double Fine Twitter list.

Welcome new Community Manager... good luck.