Sign in to follow this  
fullmetalgambit

Missing Costume Quest 2 Preorder Costumes after game crash

So a few days ago I was playing Costume Quest 2 and was able to buy my preorder costumes from Shady just fine but after a game crash yesterday when trying to load an old save I have been unable to have the costumes after multiple reinstalls. Was wondering if there was anything I am missing by way of files or if there is anything I can do to help me get those back

So a few days ago I was playing Costume Quest 2 and was able to buy my preorder costumes from Shady just fine but after a game crash yesterday when trying to load an old save I have been unable to have the costumes after multiple reinstalls. Was wondering if there was anything I am missing by way of files or if there is anything I can do to help me get those back

did you look in your old downloads? may be a item in there you just have to re-download. hope this helped, good luck!

Bumping this because I played the game again (first time since Oct 21st when I ran it just fine, including DLC) and my save games crashed to the desktop now, too. Starting a new save works, but the DLCs are no longer available through Shady. Ubuntu 14.04 (64-bit)

A fix would be appreciated eventually :)

Bumping this because I played the game again (first time since Oct 21st when I ran it just fine, including DLC) and my save games crashed to the desktop now, too. Starting a new save works, but the DLCs are no longer available through Shady. Ubuntu 14.04 (64-bit)

A fix would be appreciated eventually :)

Same issue - was near the end, and saves all got corrupted. That was several months ago, finally gave up and started a new game, and all the costumes from the pre-order are missing. :(

A good, very related question is: how is it determined that someone gets the preorder costumes? They're not packed in a separate DLC item that can be toggled on or off.

I'm assuming my issue it related to this. I didn't have a crash or anything, I just didn't get around to playing Costume Quest 2 until last weekend (despite having pre-ordered it). The classic costumes are not available from Shady. This is a real bummer for me since, not playing it until now, I obviously didn't really need to pre-order the game, I just did it to get the bonus costumes. Any news on a fix? I'm running Windows 8.1, BTW, not Ubuntu.