Sign in to follow this  
Revolutionaut

Night of Adventure

Eh, so, I study game design, and subscribe to a game industry networking organizer thing on Facebook. They organize free events. I live in Denmark, btw. Today it tells me they have an upcoming event called "Night of Adventure". They are using the DFA poster as header. Unimpressed, I click. Eyes scroll down. "Speakers: Tim Schafer, Greg Rice, Ray Crook", it says. I'm sitting in the university cafe so I keep the unimpressed look. On the inside, however, my Day of the Tentacle worshipping, Full Throttle playing, LucasArts fanboy teenage self has passed out and is currently pissing himself. I click "Going".

So, question. Is it weird to ask Tim Schafer to sign a Grim Fandango game box? Do people even do things like that or is it only when they want to peddle their wares on eBay? I realize this isn't a game box signing event so I won't be "that guy", and awkwardly ask for an autograph if it is totally out of place. I will probably bring the box and then be too shy to ask anyway. Am I overthinking this?

Hi there! Glad you're coming!

Happy to sign anything, INCLUDING game boxes. I've signed a lot of weird stuff in my day, so game boxes are no big deal.

:)

Whoa. Hi Tim! I'm really glad you guys are dropping by too! :) I'll bring the box for a scribble and try not to be shy about it. Thanks!

Nah, it's not really that awkward, it seems he'd be happy to do it. He seems pretty cool about that stuff considering he posts on here too.

Tim, will you sign this severed human hand? I dunno, I just found it.

Worst part is that the organizer cancelled a planned bus and I never got to go :( Peter Chan also joined the speakers list.