• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Cheeseness

DF Game Club: Sam & Max: Bright Side of the Moon

DOUBLE FINE GAME CLUB: Sam & Max: Bright Side of the Moon (starting 11th of April)

The Double Fine Game Club is a community run weekly event where interested gamers play through and come together to discuss what they do and don't like about a particular game (sort of like a book club, but for games). We usually aim to play one or two hours a week, and we normally have somebody streaming the current game so that those who don't have the game or don't feel like playing it again can still feel involved.

Discussion takes place here in the forums and on the Double Fine Game Club home page. Game Club is a very informal weekly chat, and everyone is welcome!

Previous game: Discworld 2: Missing Presumed...!?

Next Game: Sam & Max: Ice Station Santa

c5oVYJj.jpg

» » » CLICK HERE TO JOIN « « «

GAME CLUB SESSIONS

- 11th April, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 1st game session and general discussion plus devchat (log)

- 18th April, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 2nd game session and general discussion plus devchat (log)

SPECIAL GUESTS

- Emily Morganti (@fovlet)

- John "Seg" Seggerson (@TheSeg)

- Daniel Herrera (@Drublic_Punkin)

ABOUT THE GAME

What started out as a local mind-control scheme has grown to global proportions, and Sam & Max are off to the moon to save the entire planet from a lifetime of hypnotic enslavement. But when chaos collides with tranquility, have the Freelance Police finally met their match?

WHERE TO GET ONLINE

- Telltale Website (Windows, Full Season)

- Steam (Windows, Full Season)

- GOG (Windows, Full Season)

GAME CLUB INFO

- Double Fine Game Club home page (with webchat, stream and session countdown timer)

- Game Club IRC: #DFAdventure on irc.foonetic.net (use the link above if you're not sure)

- @DFGameClub on Twitter (keep track of announcements)

- Game Club planning thread

- Game Club F.A.Q.

Edited by Cheeseness
Fixed URLs after forum upgrade

We don't yet have any guests confirmed, but we have extended invites to Dave Grossman, Emily Morganti, Heather Logas, Jake Rodkin, Nick Herman and Daniel Herrera (all of whom have joined us previously), as well as composer Jared Emerson-Johnson.

Fingers crossed!

I started at Telltale a week after this episode was released. In the years following, I would work on the Xbox, PS3, and the coveted Wii ports along with countless offerings in various languages.

If you'd like another guest that worked on it, let me know!

I started at Telltale a week after this episode was released. In the years following, I would work on the Xbox, PS3, and the coveted Wii ports along with countless offerings in various languages.

If you'd like another guest that worked on it, let me know!

We'd love to have as many people as we can get! You're totally welcome to join us and to extend and invitation to anybody else you think would like to share their memories and perspectives :D

We received word from Daniel Herrera today, who says he's planning to join us again. Dave Grossman also got back to us, who says he'd like to join us, but isn't certain that he'll be available.

Woah! That was a decade ago and it's still on the telltale site? My mind is blown.

We'll be going live in a few minutes. Come join us!

The chat log from today's session is up. A very big thank you to Emily, Seg and Daniel for joining us! It was a bunch of fun! :D

Final session starts soon! Come join us!

The chat log from today's session is up. Thanks to everybody who joined us!

We're still working out what next week's game is going to be, so sit tight ^_^

Dammit, I was available for this one and totally forgot to attend! Looking forward to reading the chat log.

Can I recommend one thing? It may be difficult to enforce, but it would be great if anyone in the chat who works or has worked at Telltale starts their chat-handle with TT. It would be really handy for if you show up one minute late or miss the intro lines - it won't tell you what everyone's role was, obv, but it would still be good to recognise the TT staff past and present at a glance.

Oh man, I was thinking of sending you a message, but thought you might be busy >_

Oh man, I was thinking of sending you a message, but thought you might be busy >_<

You fool! I am usually busy but this time I wasn't!