Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Leroy Octopus

What's the first game you ever played?

I remember going to the toy store with my Grandma and playing Sonic Spinball at a kiosk they had. It changed my life.

Fun Fact: Sonic the Hedgehog were the first words I ever wrote.

I can't remember if it was the original Sonic the Hedgehog or the Ghostbusters game for the Genesis. One of those two.

That one game where you connect bubbles to make them go away. It's like Tetris with shooting. Apparently, I was a pro at one. When I got motor skills, I started sucking.

Lords of Magic. I didn't get an xbox until I was like 12, before that the only games my parents let me play were strategy games. Lords of Magic, Caeser III, Shogun: Total War, and some Civil War game. I think the first consle game I got was Mechassult.

Riven: The Sequel to Myst.

It took me over a year to complete the game, because I was 7 at the time. Now it takes me about two months to beat a similar game.

That one game where you connect bubbles to make them go away. It's like Tetris with shooting. Apparently, I was a pro at one. When I got motor skills, I started sucking.

I think that's Bubble Bobble/Bust-a-Move.

One of the Pokemon games. I believe it was yellow. Fun fact: that was also the first game I ever owned. It even had "Katie" written on the back of the cartridge. I think I was seven or eight. I was not good at it.

I remember watching my brother play one of the earliest Mario games for Gameboy via some kind of pak on our Super Nintendo when I was about five. I don't remember much about it except that I thought Princess Toadstool was really pretty, and said so. (She didn't even really have a face, but I still thought she was pretty. Come on. I was a five-year-old girl.) I also remember one fight. Peach kicked butt. And then there was this weird wizard guy. And they were fighting some magikoopas. (I called 'em "turties" according to my mom. That's just about the cutest thing ever.)

When I was about eleven, I started actually being interested in gaming and got pretty good at Fable and Ocarina of Time. I still suck at Majora's Mask big time though.

The first game I was ever any good at was Kirby and the Crystal Shards. I still <3 it. It's the only reason we still have our N64. (WHY DIDN'T THEY ADAPT IT TO ANY OTHER CONSOLE? WHY?!?!?!)

The first game I played for any real length of time and actually defeated any enemies in was Paper Mario. I still flee battles sometimes, but the Mario fighting style really helped, with the turns and stuff. It made strategy more important than being able to hit buttons fast.

OKAY THAT WAS WAY TOO LONG. >___>

My favorite game as a kid was probably Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles: Turtles in Time. My brother and I were big Ninja Turtles fans, and throwing Foot Ninjas at the screen was hilarious.

I said we were big Ninja Turtles fans. Do you have a girlfriend, Ballz?
Wow, I never knew anyone to take a lolcat for what is says. It's not like they're jokes or anything.

My favorite game as a kid was probably Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles: Turtles in Time. My brother and I were big Ninja Turtles fans, and throwing Foot Ninjas at the screen was hilarious.

I loved the Arcade Version, my mom would fuss when we went to chucky-cheese because that I'd spend all my tokens on that and wouldn't a prize.

< The first game I ever played was Heart of Darkness, I hired it when I was 5.

Its still a pretty friggen awesome game>

First?

...oh my god...

I...I don't know...I've been playing video games since before I can remember, practically...

I loved the Arcade Version, my mom would fuss when we went to chucky-cheese because that I'd spend all my tokens on that and wouldn't a prize.

I played the SNES version. It had an awesome extra boss fight against Shredder where you had to throw Foot Ninjas at the screen to break the robot he was in.

Well, actually I might be wrong. It may have been the original Half-Life when I was young-er. But that wasn't really playing a game, it was attempting. It took me around 40 minutes to find the HEV suit, and I died every corner I turned. Yet somehow, I still loved it.

some games i remember playing as a kid... half life.

spyro. (the original. not crappy spinoffs)

crash team racing.

i just named some games from as far back as i can remember, which is about age 6-7.

everything else is blurry >.<

Sign in to follow this