naw man read the link

"Set in 2029, two years after the events of Human Revolution, Adam Jensen returns and joins forces with an Interpol-funded task force aiming to hunt down and capture augmented terrorists in a world that now hates and fears transhumans. Jensen has a new suite of augmentations that allow him to cleverly navigate stealth, combat, and social interactions, but how Jensen chooses to solve every problem is entirely up to you.

At the end of Human Revolution, the Illuminati caused every transhuman to go into a fight-or-flight response and attack anyone near them. In the next issue of Game Informer, you can find out how this event caused humanity to hate and fear those with augmentations. We spent two days in Eidos-Montreal's studio, talking with the team and learning about how they build a realistic future. We go in depth on some of Jensen's new augmentations that help improve the stealth and combat systems, such as the ability to remote hack electronic objects, fire off his nano blade from a distance, and surround himself with a nearly indestructible nanoshield. We also got some great examples on how the game will be as open ended as ever, allowing players to carve their own path through the world. You can only get these details in the latest issue of Game Informer.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided doesn't yet have a release date, but it's headed to PS4, Xbox One, and PC."

basically everything i wanted

- it's a sequel

- adam jensen is in it

- things are augmented

- on pc

- it's a sequel

- adam jensen is in it

So my ending of choice, the only one that made sense is non-canon now.

i think that ending was vague enough that you can't really say that yet. it's not like we actually saw him die. he could have survived somehow.

also they may have a new canon ending that incorporates elements of that ending but the facility doesn't actually sink or something. don't be so cynical!

i find this game very exciting because transhumanism is so exciting. i am tired of having a human body, and i have a relatively decent one! bodies are prisons!

what the hell masturbatorium is on the ban list? what the hell did you guys do to clint

I'm not even mad I'm more wondering what conversation he was a part of that ended with him going "Yup that's definitely going on the banlist"

Yes yes yes, I'm ready for more Deus Ex. I just replayed Human revolution a couple of weeks ago actually and was hoping they were making another one.

I'm not even mad I'm more wondering what conversation he was a part of that ended with him going "Yup that's definitely going on the banlist"

You are the best mod, BTW.

I didn't ask for Human Revolution but loved it so much that I played it for 110 hours over three weeks, with three and a half playthroughs.

Mankind Divided

I can't wait to level up my Mr. Socko build!

147008d1358134523-steampunk-msk-mankind.jpg

Mankind Divided

Only in wrestling can a man, dressed up as a bum wearing a chastity belt on his head and wielding a poorly drawn on sock puppet, be taken so seriously.

Mankind Divided

Only in wrestling can a man, dressed up as a bum wearing a chastity belt on his head and wielding a poorly drawn on sock puppet, be taken so seriously.

Or in video games. One of my top ten pet peeves in video games is the insanity defense.

Why are the enemies acting that way?

Cuz they're insane.

Why are they dressed like that?

Insane.

I feel kind of bad about murdering 10,000 people....

Don't worry about it. They were insane, so they had no humanity. Therefore, guilt free murder!

Wait, now I'm playing a new game and the main character is acting weird....

Oh, that's because he's insane.

And I'm killing all kinds of innocent, non-insane people! Is this okay? Should I feel bad?

No, no, no, you're playing an insane person. It makes sense.

Wait, in this game, everyone is killing each other, and me, and I'm killing them, and...

Now you're ALL insane.

How do people keep going insane?!

Um... too much isolation? Too much drugs? Religious indoctrination? Radiation poisoning? Pick a card, any card. Doesn't matter. It all ends in them being insane.

Aren't there lots of different kinds of mental problems? Like kinds that don't manifest in the form of blind homicidal rage?

No.

What about schizophrenia?

One of the personalities always wants to murder.

Always?

Yes.

What about obsessive compulsive disorder?

Obsessed with murder.

Oedipus complex?

Murders anyone who looks at his mom.

#videogames #writing

I will Undertaker it upon myself to ask you Hitmen to stop Rocking my thread with wrestling talk. ...and that's all the wrestler names I can remember, sorry. I stopped watching it when I was 12. Oh and Rikishi. Rikishi will sit on you.

P.s. Do you all have add

Sorry, I'll stop talking about wrestlers now. I'll go back to thinking about Deus Ex and planning out how I'm going to best allocate my skill points in order to build the ULTIMATE WARRIOR.

Is this a thread about a new Deus Ex game, or some kind of forum game? Or forum drama? I'm confused!

It WAS a thread about the new Deus Ex game, but hot gave it a ridiculously long name, so it all went completely off the rails from there.

Sorry, I'll stop talking about wrestlers now. [...] the ULTIMATE WARRIOR.

tumblr_inline_mxx7xjqG3D1qbolbn.gif

wink_my_cat_wink___by_athenanoza-d5rgr5p.jpg

Bo9LhoPJ1Nk

Pretty awful trailer though, let's hope it's not an indication of the quality of the game though.

I'd work on using skill points in strength to make him a Macho Man.

I'm gonna split my points between strength and cosmetology so I can be a barber beefcake.

yeah when it comes to trailers sometimes less is more. but just because they don't know how to make tight punchy trailers doesn't say anything about the game.

I'm gonna split my points between strength and cosmetology so I can be a barber beefcake.

i misread this as "split my pants" and i was going to say "yeah me too"

yeah when it comes to trailers sometimes less is more. but just because they don't know how to make tight punchy trailers doesn't say anything about the game.

i misread this as "split my pants" and i was going to say "yeah me too"

True story: My older brother has split the ass of every pair of jeans he's ever owned. It's like a curse.

Bo9LhoPJ1Nk

Pretty awful trailer though, let's hope it's not an indication of the quality of the game though.

I thought it was OK. Not a patch on the full one for Human Revolution though:

Kq5KWLqUewc

i want to tell you something very profound that all this wrestling talk made me realize

shakespeare

shakespeare is basically like wwe

you have the basic costumes/sets, you have the stage, you have an audience that spans all classes, you have the melodramatic plots, you have the tragic heroes and the sympathetic villains, the faces and the heels, the rises and the falls,

truly,

truly, my friends, is not the Globe but a ring that is a square?

i want to tell you something very profound that all this wrestling talk made me realize

shakespeare

shakespeare is basically like wwe

you have the basic costumes/sets, you have the stage, you have an audience that spans all classes, you have the melodramatic plots, you have the tragic heroes and the sympathetic villains, the faces and the heels, the rises and the falls,

truly,

truly, my friends, is not the Globe but a ring that is a square?

That's just a longwinded way of saying wrestlers are actors.

WWE doesn't have bear-baiting or young boys dressed up as women, so there are still a few differences.

Compared to the trailer of Human Revolution the new one is great.

Only one thing is certain. When the new DX comes I'll want a new PC to play it.

I thought it was just too much of everything, a pretty silly action movie trailer. They created a pretty great universe in Deus Ex: HR with a really distinct style, and it's a shame that they didn't feel enough confidence in

just that in this trailer.

I definitely liked the Adam Jensen character reveal trailer from HR more then this new one.

But hopefully they don't stray too far away from HR in the actual game.

The forced boss fights in HR were bad, but they were just a symptom of an overarching tendency of the game to offer more to aggressive/action players than to subtle/stealth players. If they're making a new one, I hope they bolster stealth a little more.