Sign in to follow this  
Dastardly31

What time is Act 2 going live?

I am 8 hours behind Double Fine in SF, and was wondering if there was a certain time on the 28th when Greg Rice will press that magic button?

Does anyone know what time Act 1 went live?

They often put things live around 10:00 PST (which is 19:00 CEST where I live). 2PP mentioned on Twitter that episode 19 will go live for backers before launch day, so maybe we'll get a backer update with the exact time of launch.

I would be a great surprise if the backers get it a day early with the last episode of the doc... just to prove how amazing they are.... to say thank you... pleeeaaassseee..... alright I tried.

That would be cool, but I don't think it's possible, since they've already handed out all keys. I'm not sure if they're able to distinguish backer keys from regular keys on Steam or Humble.

That would be cool, but I don't think it's possible, since they've already handed out all keys. I'm not sure if they're able to distinguish backer keys from regular keys on Steam or Humble.

Sorry I don't understand.

What do you mean that they've given away all of the keys? Wouldn't it be an update as well instead of a key?

I don't think they're going to issue new Humble and/or Steam keys for Act II, but just push an update on the backend. I'm not sure, but I would be surprised if they could push said update for backers only.

Thought I might as well look it up on SteamDB and it seems that the backer keys are indeed separated from the regular ones, so it might technically be possible on Steam (still not sure about Humble). I'm not getting my hopes up, but it would be a cool surprise.

What do you mean that they've given away all of the keys? Wouldn't it be an update as well instead of a key?

I think he means, on Steam, distinguishing between "Backers" from kickstarter vs people who purchased the game through some other means and weren't backers.

Pushing an update to just a select group of players sounds hard if possible at all.

Smiles

I think he means, on Steam, distinguishing between "Backers" from kickstarter vs people who purchased the game through some other means and weren't backers.

Pushing an update to just a select group of players sounds hard if possible at all.

Smiles

Oh, I get it now.

I'm not getting my hopes up for an early release, even a day earlier for backers, I'm just thankful to be able to play the game.

Yeah, if it were a key for a seperate act 2 exe, then it'd probably work, but just pushing an update on Steam is gonna go to everyone. Still, not long now :)

Hopefully they don't forget to update the GOG version since it already takes a bit longer until GOG releases new updates (because they have to do it manually).

The Act 2 update will go live all over the place on Tuesday 28th of April, 12:00 AM EST!

Also I guess we were wrong: they can give it to backers early and we're getting it Monday. NEAT!

I think it went live on GOG just now! The information on the store page needs to be updated, though!

I'm probably a few hours late saying this, but it's live on Steam. Good to hear it's on GOG too. :)

I think it went live on GOG just now! The information on the store page needs to be updated, though!

I can confirm this - it's live on GOG. All this waiting and now everything is on time. That's really something! :)