Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
aaronscientiae

thread closures

The new forum management is hostile to backer conversations on here. I've seen threads closed and secret deleted. Is DF being bought or what. I guess we're not welcome and those few who were less than kind in their forum posts (trolls) took it too far and now we all are out a once vibrant forum community. Not a way to get me excited for the release, new forum dude they hired. Not a good way at all.

Maybe i'm looking for someone to blame and the converstations are just gone, but it used to be fun. Is something weird going on, or do I owe you an apology?

I'm really not sure what you're referring to? The thread about refunds was closed once it turned out to be based on misinformation (also the fact it came from a proven troll helped). A thread I opened about the release date was temp moved because it got some leaky info in it. Not aware of much else

Then I guess i'm just lamenting when I had more fun on the forums. Nobody seems to be on here and excited and the first thread I saw where people were talking about getting excited is closed inexplicably. It's just me then, shouldn't have said anything.

Is there any attempt by the community to help DF with promoting the release? Flashmob style, maybe a twitter hashtag or positive review bomb or something where we can help them? It's only a week away and i've heard no calls to action!

So excited, but a little dampened by the negativity on what little forum activity there is. I want to be a booster! can I help?

Also, just realized they're releasing their game opposite The Avengers. Damn, timing sucks. That'll suck all the geek news air out of the room. : (

Hadn't noticed that the hype-thread is closed: weird that the person who did that didn't give an explanation. I think DF is preparing a backer announcement, considering that 2PP is late in uploading episode 18 to Youtube and promised 'something else to look forward to' for 'backers and VHX folks' today. That may get that hype machine started a bit.

When my thread was temporarily moved for some reason I was sent a message with an explanation.

As for forum activity I just think it's because while people are excited, we've kinda ran out of interesting things to say. We know when it's out, we know when the next episode is and we have talked about Act 2 plenty. Now we just want to play it :)

Anyway, Spaff is a good guy, don't need to worry about him.

Which threads are you referring to? Nothing has been deleted to my knowledge!

:)

GET HYPED!

Moreover, human beings have the tendency to fall into the "golden Age has passed," or the "primitive church" syndrome -- where we look fondly back at things that "once were but are no longer," when in reality, things have usually changed very little. It's a human nature thing. :)

Smiles

Sign in to follow this