Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

$100 backers: What kind of Big Box shall we make?

What kind of Big box shall we make?  

1,064 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of Big box shall we make?

• Vertical (Day of the Tentacle style)
    • Horizontal (Full Throttle style)

How many of these people do we suppose were actually $100 + tier voters?

There were a whole bunch of backers for $100 and over but still, just thoughts.

25%, probably. This poll should have been an email survey sent out to $100+ backers.

Do you really think that would make any difference?

How many of these people do we suppose were actually $100 + tier voters?

There were a whole bunch of backers for $100 and over but still, just thoughts.

25%, probably. This poll should have been an email survey sent out to $100+ backers.

Like every other survey made so far.

It's more fun like this, then with an email survey. And with the latter, you would just get the problem with everyone answering late, claiming they didn't get the mail etc.

// $100 backer

Still hoping for the horizontal box!

It's more fun like this, then with an email survey. And with the latter, you would just get the problem with everyone answering late, claiming they didn't get the mail etc.

// $100 backer

It's more fun, I agree. But this way most of the backers won't even know the survery exist in the first place like it happened with the documentary survey.

I also agree that a mockup of the two orientation should be at least suggested, otherwise we are voting without enough information. Both solution could end up bad or good.

It's either this:

[We control the horizontal]

or this:

[and the vertical]

The choice is simple if you ask me. ;)

Where's the Hexipal box mockup?

Don't believe horizontals lies, no one knows what layout or art they'd use for the vertical collectors box.

Impressive that vertical has managed to survive this onslaught of LIES though :D

Ck66Y1q.jpg

// $100 backer

A $100 backer is more likely to respond to an email than check this forum with any regularity.

[pentagon image]

It seems you are somewhat misinformed about what the hex in hexipal means.. =)

// $100 backer

A $100 backer is more likely to respond to an email than check this forum with any regularity.

I would hope actually that the people who backed at $100 and above would be the more active members of this forum and community than the less so. That isn't totally the case it seems but logistically it should be.

// $100 backer

This poll was advertised in a Kickstarter email to backers.

xzVKHjA.jpg

Yep. It's better than both vertical and horizontal. Granted, it would probably get Hexapal art instead, but I'd rather have a unique shape like that. And yes, I would accept that it simply isn't in the budget to produce these.

Then again, would it be possible if they were relatively small? I mean, they only have to accommodate a stack of Blu-rays and/or DVDs, or maybe a few discs and a flash drive. ...But then I'd want Hexapal art, and posable arms and legs on the box.

xzVKHjA.jpg

Yep. It's better than both vertical and horizontal. Granted, it would probably get Hexapal art instead, but I'd rather have a unique shape like that. And yes, I would accept that it simply isn't in the budget to produce these.

Then again, would it be possible if they were relatively small? I mean, they only have to accommodate a stack of Blu-rays and/or DVDs, or maybe a few discs and a flash drive. ...But then I'd want Hexapal art, and posable arms and legs on the box.

I think it would be cool for a hypothetical hexigonal box that they'd have the Broken Age art on the front that is a flap that would open up and the hexigal art would be inside the flap, on the box itself. Plus, they could play around with the inside flap art a lot. There's a lot of opportunities there. :)

:P

xzVKHjA.jpg

Change me vote to this! I love it! Though, I would totally understand if it's cost prohibitive to make. Maybe a hexipal face on the back?

xzVKHjA.jpg

Change me vote to this! I love it! Though, I would totally understand if it's cost prohibitive to make. Maybe a hexipal face on the back?

And connectors and pieces of wire inside.

xzVKHjA.jpg

And connectors and pieces of wire inside.

The box needs arms and legs (Detachable for ease of shipping?) so we can stand it up and pose it.

I just wanted to say I have seen the poll, but I choose not to cast any vote. (Or vote "either way".) It doesn't matter to me so I think it's better that the backers with a very strong opinion in the matter get to choose. :)

Oh no! I just don't understand why all those people want vertical boxes! I already have boxes in different sizes (and shapes) so why not another one if it suits better.

xzVKHjA.jpg

I just realised for Hexipal it needs to be rotated by 30 degrees. Collectors gonna hate this... :-)

But I'm all for a Hexipal box, bring it on!

VERTICAL!

Horizontal is an abomination against God (and my narrow shelving)! :D

Even my Full Throttle is vertical, because in the UK/Europe we find things with horizontal orientation confusing and scary, like snakes! or a zombie laying down.

But if you're not afraid of snakes or laying down zombies, then fine, go ahead and vote horizontal, if thats really the kind of world you want to live in and the future you want for your children...

IMG_20862.jpg

IMG_20862.jpg.f329c0ea62a60af1b0af9593bf

Wouldn't a factory need to make a new mold or something to construct such boxes? I mean those Hexipal shaped ones.

I have heard that especially custom molds cost a fortune and it's most likely not a factory who would be paying the expenses.

But damn, that would be a cool design.

But if you're not afraid of snakes! and laying down zombies, then fine, go ahead and vote horizontal, if thats really the kind of world you want to live in and the future you want for your children...

Now I want a box designed like a Snake with a zombie lying down on the cover.

Man....

Wouldn't a factory need to make a new mold or something to construct such boxes? I mean those Hexipal shaped ones..

Ship to us like Ikea. We'll build the box ourselves. :-D ha.

Smiles