Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

$100 backers: What kind of Big Box shall we make?

What kind of Big box shall we make?  

1,064 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of Big box shall we make?

• Vertical (Day of the Tentacle style)
    • Horizontal (Full Throttle style)

VERTICAL!

Horizontal is an abomination against God (and my narrow shelving)! :D

Even my Full Throttle is vertical, because in the UK/Europe we find things with horizontal orientation confusing and scary, like snakes! or a zombie laying down.

But if you're not afraid of snakes or laying down zombies, then fine, go ahead and vote horizontal, if that's really the kind of world you want to live in and the future you want for your children...

I'm glad you posted that photo, because I never remembered the Full Throttle box being horizontal, and lo and behold we had a vertical one in the UK which explains a lot.

VERTICAL!

Horizontal is an abomination against God (and my narrow shelving)! :D

Even my Full Throttle is vertical, because in the UK/Europe we find things with horizontal orientation confusing and scary, like snakes! or a zombie laying down.

But if you're not afraid of snakes or laying down zombies, then fine, go ahead and vote horizontal, if that's really the kind of world you want to live in and the future you want for your children...

I'm glad you posted that photo, because I never remembered the Full Throttle box being horizontal, and lo and behold we had a vertical one in the UK which explains a lot.

haha yeah, I had no idea the US release had a horizontal box until I saw this thread lol. I do quite like it though, it looks pretty cool that way around...its just when you put it on a shelf then either the box or the artwork would be sideways, right? :S i mean its just a bit awkward.

I wonder why they changed it for the UK version though...

I changed my mind! I don´t want anything like these designs! I want a hexagon big box. And if we don´t get hexapal/gal plushies we (I) want at least a "big hexabox". :coolsmile:

I was immediately going to say vertical....but...Tim's right, that iconic artwork really is a wide piece and it would look great on the box that way....so I went with horizontal. It also seems more special for some reason.

The vertical box is my pick, I think it'll look better next to all my other older boxed games.

Also this may not be the best place to post this, but, where can I update my shipping address?

I've moved since the T-Shirt and poster were shipped. Any help with this would be awesome!

The vertical box is my pick, I think it'll look better next to all my other older boxed games.

Also this may not be the best place to post this, but, where can I update my shipping address?

I've moved since the T-Shirt and poster were shipped. Any help with this would be awesome!

Fangamer will send out an address confirmation before the box is shipped.

Was a box chosen? Any idea when these are being shipped? I have no idea if I've missed something.

I agree, haven't heard anything in a while. Love the shirt, love the Poster, would love the amazing Boxed copy of the game and Documentary, but no word on any release date for it :(

If we could get a small update I would be eternally grateful :)

As long as there is no final episode i doubt we will get a date. And i would not mind that Episode to wait a bit so it gives the full story with whatever still drizzels in during the next few weeks... be it sales numbers, some kind of E3 story and so on.

Any update on this? I have searched the backer forums and I have found nothing yet regarding the physical rewards. I just found this poll on the voting of the box which seems to be unending. Information would be appreciated. :)

Any update on this? I have searched the backer forums and I have found nothing yet regarding the physical rewards. I just found this poll on the voting of the box which seems to be unending. Information would be appreciated. :)
The big box can't ship until the last episode of the documentary is out, and the discs are finalized. The former hasn't happened yet, so the latter can't even begin at this point.

...I'm kind of sad that the horizontal box isn't getting as much love. I mean, it's very close, but obviously losing. Not that this forum poll is an exact representation of what all the backers wish to have, but a horizontal box would really lend itself well to this type of design. What are the "verticals'" thoughts? Is it just because of a 'careful evaluation of your current shelf-space realities and underlying economic and aesthetic considerations?' :P

Huge DF supporter, was fine with the long delay in the release of the game and splitting it into 2 acts but toss a coin already and pick a box. You may want to add an update to the Kickstarter page seems like a lot of people want to know whats going on with thier physical copies.

Huge DF supporter, was fine with the long delay in the release of the game and splitting it into 2 acts but toss a coin already and pick a box. You may want to add an update to the Kickstarter page seems like a lot of people want to know whats going on with thier physical copies.

More information will likely come out with the release of episode 20 in the doc, which I think is slated for this week or so.

Smiles