Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

Project Update 04/23 - Release details!

Hopefully it launches on gog at the same time.

One other question - I deleted it on steam to play it on gog. I'm re downloading it on steam now. Do I have to replay act 1 again or will there be an option to jump straight to act 2?

Hopefully it launches on gog at the same time.

One other question - I deleted it on steam to play it on gog. I'm re downloading it on steam now. Do I have to replay act 1 again or will there be an option to jump straight to act 2?

The final build is supposed to make the acts seamless, so someone who didn't know about the split won't realize it ever happened. Steam does have cloud saving enabled by default for BA, and it is possible to copy the GOG save over to the steam version (and vice versa). Also, BA has a manual cloud save option (that syncs the save to dropbox) so you can enable that in the GOG version to get it in Steam (probably easier than manual for most people). They made that so the iPad/Android versions can be save shared with the PC version.

There has also been advice to play the whole game from the beginning anyway because of little polishes to the first act and, at least on Steam anyway, you'll need to do that to get the achievements for the first act.

Thank you Victorferret and CorruptBiggins, but I have downloaded it again on steam just to get the achievements. I am weak.

I did not get a key, yet. :(

Edit: I triple checked. It is not in my mail (the DFA newsletter are, though), not in even in my spam folder, not in humble, nor unlocked in steam either.

I want my FUCKING KEY, NOA!

Not let alone I didn't get it ahead... it seem I do not get the 2nd act at all (unless I pay for it, AGAIN).

Spacebase DF-9 ... total catastrophe

Broken Age ... not really better*.

Double Fine ... I never buy a game from them again.

-----

*= Not that the game is bad itself ... just the money management. BA also almost didn't made it (like DF-9). And now the mess with the keys. FUCK I am so pissed.

Mod note: I understand your frustration but please do not circumvent the swear filter.

I did not get a key, yet. :(

Edit: I triple checked. It is not in my mail (the DFA newsletter are, though), not in even in my spam folder, not in humble, nor unlocked in steam either.

I want my FUCKING KEY, NOA!

Not let alone I didn't get it ahead... it seem I do not get the 2nd act at all (unless I pay for it, AGAIN).

Spacebase DF-9 ... total catastrophe

Broken Age ... not really better*.

Double Fine ... I never buy a game from them again.

-----

*= Not that the game is bad itself ... just the money management. BA also almost didn't made it (like DF-9). And now the mess with the keys. FUCK I am so pissed.

Mod note: I understand your frustration but please do not circumvent the swear filter.

Email support@doublefine.com and they'll get you sorted.

I downloaded the game from Humble Bundle and replaced my old version. When I run it (new icon and all) I just keep getting the Act 1 ending cutscene. What do I do to get to Act 2?

If your key has not arrived, please email support@doublefine.com - they are the only ones who can help.

There are numerous reasons why you might not have got it, but they can send you what you need.

If you already have a key for Act 1, then you will have access to Act 2 in a free update that will go live in 3 hours.

It starts by playing that cutscene again and then should go right into the Act 2 content!

MGA - you need to unlock the beta branch in steam, there is no DRM free download of the game yet!

In the email you have from humble there is a key, and instructions can be found on this forum, and on the humble page.

There should be a new build on humble later this evening.

@spaff I think that's the issue. I wasn't downloading the beta. Thanks

Apologies if this has already been asked, but do you know when exactly the big box versions will be sent out? I just realized that maybe it was dumb to give my current address in the survey instead of the one that I will be living at one month from now!

Sign in to follow this