Sign in to follow this  
Malleys

Grim Fandango Remastered OST is coming

I was really hoping for the remastered soundtrack!

Does anyone know whether that sumthing.com website sells music with or without DRM?

Does anyone at DF know if this will be added to the Humble Store/Widget edition?

Great news, but I wonder who is RPS's source? No mention of the soundtrack release here at DF or on sumthing.com yet.

I am very much looking forward to this release, as it's is probably my favorite game soundtrack :)

Just hoping it will get a (world)wide release, and not as too often happens - iTunes/US only - which leaves a lot of people out.

That's great news!!! It's nice to see that Grim is getting all this attention

Please tell me that it's going to be available on vinyl, here at the DF store... AND THE MENS' PSYCHONAUTS WR SHIRT HAS BEEN REPLENISHED!

honestly seems like they ripped the audio files from the game and are selling them. can anyone confirm these are official? Usually OST are selected tracks from a project not 52 tracks...

I can only say, DON'T buy from sumthing.com ... they allow you to download your purchased music only ONCE, which is total bullshit when it comes to digital purchases. I've tried to download it with my usual DownThemAll, it downloaded only a HTML file, and now I can't download it again. I've contacted customer support (no reply yet), which shouldn't be necessary AT ALL!

Indeed, what good was that?

Put the full soundtrack on bandcamp, that at least is a halfway reasonable, non monopolist platform.

Thanks. ;)

Ack, I'm glad I saw Laserschwart's comment here. I did just buy the soundtrack from Sumthing to get the additional tracks. I'm downloading it now. I'll make sure I back it up immediately, as I really don't want to lose it.

Which formats are available on sumthing? I like to keep my PC media in FLAC, my Android files in OGG-Vorbis, and MP3 320 for my iPod. I could possibly run MP3 for my Android, but I will not accept a lossy format for my PC, or for that matter for archiving/backups.

Probably has something to do with Disney being the publisher...