Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vectorferret

Where does the backer download code go?

So I have the backer early release email, but Steam rejects that code both as a new product and beta access code and I have no idea where else it would be entered.

Edit - Never mind, as an overeager idiot I entered that code into a different games betas.

The instructions should be in the email... or linked to from there.

How to unlock Broken Age Act 2 on Steam

1. Install Broken Age.

2. Right click on Broken Age and select 'Properties'

3. Click on the 'Betas' tab

3. Enter your code and select 'Check Code'

4. Select the branch 'Beta - Beta branch'

5. Wait for the game to download

6. Play the game!

Your download and the instructions can be found on your download page: [link]

says the email :)

Your download and the instructions can be found on your download page: [link]

says the email :)

The linked page is the Humble Bundle download page, which does not have the instructions.

Hmmm... I haven't gotten an email? I assume most have gotten one. I'm a slacker backer, would that make a difference?

Nah you's will turn up i'm sure - sending 90,000 emails takes some time!

if not, email support@doublefine.com :)

Nah you's will turn up i'm sure - sending 90,000 emails takes some time!

if not, email support@doublefine.com :)

Gotcha, thanks :) And thanks for staying here to help, Spaff!

Still haven't gotten an e-mail from Humble...

I got mine, though I'm not entirely sure I needed it because it seems to simply point to my Broken Age page in my Humble Library. (I wish I had checked if the game had been updated there even before I used the link, but that's too late now.) I'm still waiting for it to download though, so I guess it's still possible I'm going to need the code that was in the mail.

[EDIT] Nevermind, I figured out what was going wrong. I can't seem to delete this post, so just ignore this altogether. =P

I got mine, though I'm not entirely sure I needed it because it seems to simply point to my Broken Age page in my Humble Library. (I wish I had checked if the game had been updated there even before I used the link, but that's too late now.) I'm still waiting for it to download though, so I guess it's still possible I'm going to need the code that was in the mail.

Read the instructions above! :)

The executable on the Humble Bundle page has not been updated. I think the Backer preview is exclusive through Steam at the moment (as it's a closed "beta"). I'd expect the Humble page to update tomorrow. If you need a DRM-free version, you may be able to contact DF directly (I mean, it already leaked before the build was available to backers so there's not much point in withholding the DRM-free version now).

I'm downloading my copy right n- uh, right after this 1.2 GB update for Crypt of the NecroDancer. Oh wait, that's done. Alright, just another 1.6 GB for Act 2.

This is a preview beta branch, the normal branch game files will unlock, DRM free and all of that goodness, on launch day!

Read the instructions above! :)

I did, but I don't have a Steam account so I just downloaded it from the Humble Library page where it seems I didn't need the code included in the email. Mind you, I don't know for sure that it includes Act 2 since I didn't get much farther than selecting Shay's breakfast cereal before I had to leave for work. But it was much larger than the previous version, so it seems likely.

What I was trying to say was that it's possible that it's not actually necessary to wait for the email to arrive, but that I don't know for sure.

I don't think the Humble Bundle page has the updated download. It did for a split second but now it's reverted back to 1000Mb and the update on Steam is 1.6GB. Sort of unfortunate because I wanted to grab the Humble Bundle link myself.

The executable on the Humble Bundle page has not been updated. I think the Backer preview is exclusive through Steam at the moment (as it's a closed "beta"). I'd expect the Humble page to update tomorrow. If you need a DRM-free version, you may be able to contact DF directly (I mean, it already leaked before the build was available to backers so there's not much point in withholding the DRM-free version now).

It was for a while, but I guess it must have been some sort of miscommunication because it's back to the old version now. I'll re-download it and start over once it gets there officially, to make sure I'm using the final release version.

In the meantime, I'm suffering from a bit of adventure game overload right now, which is something I never expected to say as a Linux user. Not just from the various Kickstarter projects, but also from things like Adventure Game Studio, ScummVM and DOSBox. I hardly know where to begin!

I did receive the Humble Bundle email, I did access the humble bundle page with full intructions.

But, I can't find the beta code. If I try to check the humble bundle key as the code, steam rejects it.

So... where is beta code?

I did receive the Humble Bundle email, I did access the humble bundle page with full intructions.

But, I can't find the beta code. If I try to check the humble bundle key as the code, steam rejects it.

So... where is beta code?

Never mind. Too excited and didn't see the code in the email text...

Downloading now.

Sign in to follow this