Sign in to follow this  
DF Tim Schafer

Broken Age Backer Release!

I shake my fist at my dang internets as it will not finish downloading any time soon. However, I shall try to finish today's work early to leave some sweet sweet hours for Broken Age much later! Thanks everyone at DF for bringing us not only this game, but also this amazing journey/adventure.

yes yes finally!

I haven't even played Act 1 yet, just waited for the whole damn thing

I'm only screens and scenes into Act 2 but the words were not lies, difficulty amped up and boy... that first big shocker... What a surprise. Nothing I expected and not sure what will come next. Shay's section seems smoother as Vella's complicated and slow. My brain can handle no more for this today. It's 4:39 Eastern, so I should hit the hay.

Thank you to all at Double Fine for your efforts in adventure. I am glad to hear on your end that even the post mortem or the shipping of the boxes won't be the final end. I predict this experience will have DF deciding what next for the loyal, the dedicated and the new brethren who come aboard to meet our stalwart heroes.

Also... that full name of Shay... is awesome.

Guess i got lucky. A few hours ago (ca. 06:30 AM/GMT+1) I was able to download the DRM - free version (Build 2.0.786383) from my Humble Bundle Page. Now it is no longer possible.

EDIT: The direct download link still works

Screenshot (45).png

Screenshot (48).png

578d00977a217_Screenshot(45).png.c4b220c

578d00978a6c1_Screenshot(48).png.aa7bf50

No email from Humble yet, I'm getting tense here :P

Spaff asked me to make a thread over here which has details on how things are meant to work. Is there a chance that it's ended up in spam folders or has gone to a different account from the one you're checking?

Spaff asked me to make a thread over here which has details on how things are meant to work. Is there a chance that it's ended up in spam folders or has gone to a different account from the one you're checking?

If so, I might have permanently deleted it because it was burried in a head high pile of other spam. I got like 100 emails in the spam folder the past weekend.

There wouldn't be some way to have the email resent? OR should I just relent and wait for tomorow's release?

Thanks Tim! I downloaded it, but I have to wait until I get off of work to actually play it.

Thank you so very much for making Broken Age as well as the documentary. It has been awesome feeling that we're part of the process. I'm hoping that we can do this again?

Thanks!

If so, I might have permanently deleted it because it was burried in a head high pile of other spam. I got like 100 emails in the spam folder the past weekend.

There wouldn't be some way to have the email resent? OR should I just relent and wait for tomorow's release?

I certainly haven't recieved it either. I've sent an email over to support@doublefine.com in the hope that I can get a code by the time I get home from work tonight, as this night I have set aside for playing it.

Is this limited to Kickstarter backers only? I'm a slacker backer, and haven't received an email yet. Not really a big deal for me since I can't play until the weekend anyway, but it could be a problem for others.

In any case, congratulations to the team!

Just finished downloading, but am going to wait until I have some time to play a bunch of it at once uninterrupted and have a chance to hook up my lappy to the big TV. Can't wait!

I am happy to be a part of this. Thank you for your work, for this game, for the documentary and a great time in the forum. Looking forward to playing next weekend :-)

This announcement makes me angry because I backed this game, and oh no wait this makes me happy I get to play the rest of Broken Age YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Double Fine <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Those are hearts, not butts.

That is all.

Don't like episodic games so never played the first half. Let's hope the full story knocks my socks off. Off we go!

I got the email and a code, but my Humble key is displayed as taken already - what did I miss??

So excited! I already poked around a little bit with Vella's story, but then I had to go to work.

Thank you, Double Fine and 2 Player Productions. I've loved this ride, and I'm glad you invited us all to come along with you.

My Humble key is displayed as taken already - what did I miss??

The key is in the email (it's easy to miss). Instructions are over in this thread.

Sooo, i still haven't received my key. Is it time to panic, or do i need to wait some more time?

Thanks for the journey and especially the game! Love the f28491da779e759aaed328e0c8e34db530e83fe0.jpg "Let's Get This Good Time Over With" achievement ;-) and can't wait to try it (possibly multiple times...) But first onto the dab93d895aa543027b4415f897cdba8836ee316b.jpg to see how to get there...

Lots of love and thanks from me!

...and done!

Insanely happy and SO excited.

It took 11 hours to complete, and clocked up 27 hours in total.

Congratulations on an amazing game!!

Oh, great, while some already beat second act, we are still waiting for our key.

Hi guys in double fine,

I have received the email, and have just checked in humble store. Obviously it should be available now to everybody.

I do not have a steam account, so I waited for it to become availabe on the humble store DRM free. However, I do not see it in my library on my humble account. The file I see available is the old one with a date of 2014-07-03!!!!!

Why?

Same here. Apparently the DRM-free version will only be updated tomorrow, for both backers and non-backers. If you want to play it before release, you have to get the Steam version.

Sign in to follow this