Sign in to follow this  
DF Tim Schafer

Broken Age Backer Release!

Hi guys in double fine,

I have received the email, and have just checked in humble store. Obviously it should be available now to everybody.

I do not have a steam account, so I waited for it to become availabe on the humble store DRM free. However, I do not see it in my library on my humble account. The file I see available is the old one with a date of 2014-07-03!!!!!

Why?

The Backer Release is a controlled "Beta" which is only being released through Steam. THey do this partly because things are easier to control through Steam and partly because users playing on Steam allows them to collect analytics in case there are any bugs, crashes, etc.

I don’t write really much here, because english is not my first language (sorry for maybe not the best english in the next parts but i tried my best) but now the journey comes to an end i want to write a little bit.

I love a lot of the games from double fine (Psychonauts!!!!, Costume Quest), and other not (Brütal Legends, sorry but i really don’t like the RTS-parts in it), but Tim is really funny and it looks like he is a really nice guy. It’s always a joy to read and hear something from him and his great team at Double Fine.

My first Point and Click Adventure was the remake of Monkey Island 1 and 2. Followed by the three Deponia games and Edna & Harvey. I played this games, after i backet Broken Age. So Broken Age is the reason i started playing Adventures! I like that games, it’s not my favorite genre, but they are okay. In the future maybe i will playing Grim Fandango and the remake of Day of the tentacle.

I backed Broken Age (with the boxed Version) and i never regret it. It was a amazing time the last 3 years. The documentation is amazing and maybe the highlight of the game. I will always looked back with a smile on this game.

I haven’t played the second part of the game, but even there would be not a part 2, i would be satisfied. The documentation was fantastic and Broken Age is a great adventure game, maybe the best i played in my life. Okay, i didn’t played much Point and Click Adventures :D

When Tim would starting a next Kickstarter game with a documentation as a reward, i definitely would give money to that project. Maybe not 110 Dollar anymore, because the euro-dollar exchange rate actually to bad for that.

What i only want so say with that: Thank you Double Fine you did a really great work.

I don't know what aGrumpyGuy is talking about - Brutal Legend is a gem in the Xbox 360's crown, and a seriously underrated title.

Thanks very much Double Fine for the great work you've done, It's been a fine journey, learning more about the process on the backend and being a part of this was an excellent experience. Can't wait to get home and play this, and look forward to seeing the big box - assuming we can decide on vertical or horizontal. :coolsmile:

I didn't get one this morning and I've just finished work and its not here now either so I guess I've missed out on the chance until the official release.

Yayyyyyy!

Congratulations to everyone involved, past and present, on completing and launching Broken Age!

:)

Yeah, same here, still no code. But it's official release already, so, meh.

Guess somehow we didn't deserve promised "24h early"

Hey just wondering, thinking long term for any further patches etc. should we switch to the public steam version or will the backer "beta" always receive the same updates? I'm playing on iPad anyway this time as its more convenient for my commute - gotta say its really really great, awesome work on the port Oliver!

Will the soundtrack download from Humble Bundle be updated with the music from Act 2?

no key here missed the early launch sigh

Don't fret, no use crying over spilt milk. Plus you have an adventure game to finish now! Join us.

i've still not received my key. is it a delay or should i contact someone?

my key was actually in the spam section of my email account. maybe thats where all the keys went.

anyways. what i wanted to say (sorry for the bad english):

thank you all very very much for the great experience.

i didnt have time to play the second act yet but im really looking forward to it and i enjoyed every minute of the first one.

i saw quite some negative reactions from non backers on the internet. please, please, please dont let it get to you. the lesson to be learned might be, not to be as open and transparent as youve been, but that would be wrong. i love the game and the documentary and it was great so see all the passion and talent involved. i am looking forward to all upcoming double fine games and if there is going to be another kickstarter, count me in. i hope to see another adventure game from tim at some point. you did something very special and i am honestly glad to be a - even though passive - part of your way.

stupid people are always the loudest. but there are so much more people out there who love what you do and never wright or speak out loud. so this is my second post in this forum in the last 3 years and i guess now im gonna be quiet again.

thank you very much for a great game, a great documentary and some great articles in this forum!

congratulations to everyone involved. best invested money ever.

sincerely,

fabian

Not the case for me, my spam folder is empty. And i've successfully received today email from humble bundle about heroes bundle.

Is this your beta key or your game key? If it's the beta key, it's probably not worth worrying about since the game is publicly available.

I'm not certain whether people who received the game via the Humble Double Fine Bundle were sent a key for beta access, but it seems clear that there were some mailing delays (it does also seem like some people missed their email because it was accidentally deleted, hiding in a spam folder, sent to a different address from the one being checked, etc.).

If it's your Kickstarter or "slacker backer" reward key for the entire game that you're missing, shoot an email through to support@doublefine.com from the address that your Kickstarter pledge or Paypal payment was tied to!

Is this your beta key or your game key? If it's the beta key, it's probably not worth worrying about since the game is publicly available.

I'm not certain whether people who received the game via the Humble Double Fine Bundle were sent a key for beta access, but it seems clear that there were some mailing delays (it does also seem like some people missed their email because it was accidentally deleted, hiding in a spam folder, sent to a different address from the one being checked, etc.).

If it's your Kickstarter or "slacker backer" reward key for the entire game that you're missing, shoot an email through to support@doublefine.com from the address that your Kickstarter pledge or Paypal payment was tied to!

i never received any mail for the beta either , now what should i do to get act 2 , will those people who had activate the game already from humble get the act2 update automatically or is there something else my humble page has nothing related to act 2

i never received any mail for the beta either , now what should i do to get act 2 , will those people who had activate the game already from humble get the act2 update automatically or is there something else my humble page has nothing related to act 2

If you had the first part of the game in Steam, it should have updated to the whole game automatically. Likewise, if you download it off Humble or GOG now, it should be the full game.

Dear Backers of Adventure!

Hi.

This is Tim.

Something is happening.

It's so effing good.

It came slow, but it came

As fast as it could.

Here's something I've waited

three years to say:

Broken Age is finished

and ready to play.

:)

Thanks for backing. And for sticking by us for three years. You were the best thing that ever happened to us. :)

Love, Tim

Hi Tim,

Thank you and the entire Double Fine team for making this journey available.

I've finished the game yesterday, and enjoyed every bit of it. However...

You may not realize this.. but, watching the documentaries and being included in the whole process, even as a spectator, made this whole thing worth it long before the game was fully released.

There is something about every one of you Double Fines that draws forth empathy and inspires respect, so this project in particular, at least for me, was not just about the goal, it was a helluva journey.

So thanks again, for this inspirational insight and opportunity to witness something phenomenal.

Now that the game is released, and your documentaries are about to stop, I feel like I lost a friend. You know, like when you watch Firefly for the first time, and unable to cope there is no more. Yeah...

made this whole thing worth it long before the game was fully released.

Definitely.

Smiles

That's exactly it.

I'm playing the game very slowly, not just because I'm terrible at solving puzzles, but also because I know there's nothing more after the end.

Speaking of which: do we now if DF has plans to make more games using the same engine?

do we now if DF has plans to make more games using the same engine?
They've made quite a few games with Moai already (Middle Manager of Justice, Hack 'n' Slash, Spacebase DF-9, among others). They (along with the games that use Double Fine's Buddha engine, which was originally created for Brutal Legend) use the 2HB editor, and DF Bert just posted that they're going to be updating their tools, including 2HB, for future projects. Though, since 2HB is used in both engines used by Double Fine, it's not clear what engine they'll be using for their next game.

To be clear, Moai was the engine used for those games. 2HB is an editor that works with both Moai and Buddha, the two engines that we use here.

It's too early to say what engine the next game will use.

To be clear, Moai was the engine used for those games. 2HB is an editor that works with both Moai and Buddha, the two engines that we use here.

It's too early to say what engine the next game will use.

Thanks for the clarification Bert. I've updated my post with your info, so hopefully it's accurate now.

Just writing to say thanks. I finished Act 2 and had a wonderful time. Someone needs to post update info or something like that to bump down that awful RockPaperShotgun review on Steam. When you look at the game in your library, you're greeted by that awful headline.

Love what you guys do. I will pre-order the remaster of Day of the Tentacle, and any other story and character driven adventures you put out in the future. Act 2 is way too hard for my kids, but it makes me feel smart when the kids ask for hints.

When are the 100$ boxed plege going to recieve it? Thanks, looking forward playing the game.

When are the 100$ boxed plege going to recieve it? Thanks, looking forward playing the game.

I don't think a date has been set yet. There's a poll where backers have been asked to give input into the type of box that the $100 and up backers will receive. So far as I'm aware, that poll is still open.

Cheers mate, I was a little bit worried, guess too much scamers from Kickstarter. Not talking about DFP ofcourse.

Any updates on the shipping date of the rest of the physical goodies?

Also, there have been a couple of questions about this issue in the Broken Age kickstarter page's comments section. Maybe give the info there too?

Cheers from Finland.

Any news when you'll be sending out the survery. Last time it was only active for 48 hours (which isn't that long) and I missed it.

Thanks,

Sign in to follow this