Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
majugi

This game is so good

I've only played fifteen minutes or so of Act 2, but gosh it's great. Back to playing, then.

I've got good news -- I've played about 2 hours so far, and it gets even better. I've only solved a few of Vella's puzzles and maybe half-a-puzzle for Shay, too.

Hope it is.

Didn't like Chapter 1.

Cause I don't enjoy adventure games without challenging puzzles.

Fingers crossed they increased the level of difficulty..

I hope it is, too. Richard Cobett und John Walker are rather unenthused about Act 2, and their complaints remind me of the situation with Syberia 2, where people who played the first one also complained that the puzzles were too easy. The developer's attempt to make the puzzles more difficult made the second installment much worse!

But well, for BA Act 2 there are other more enthusiastic reviews out there. I will make my own opinion about Act 2 soon enough. ^^

I'm not sure if it's because of changed expectations, the now-familiar settings, the feedback from Act 1, or something else entirely, but Act 2 so far is way more enjoyable for me than Act 1 and I liked Act 1. At least I thought I liked Act 1. Maybe I didn't really and this is what enjoyment actually feels like. I'm probably overhyping this... just play the game.

I haven't played for long enough to really say that it's harder, but it does seem harder. I got slightly stuck on an early Vella puzzle before switching to Shay and though I'm sure it's probably super easy, I haven't accidentally solved it yet and I think I tried mashing all the things that could be mashed; so yeah, harder than Act 1.

Would love to play longer, but I should sleep. Congrats Double Fine, and thanks.

Edit: Solved the Vella puzzle. Definitely trickier than Act 1. Seriously going to sleep now.

Sign in to follow this