Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Grim_Tentacle

Probably my fault, how to get to act 2?

I have downloaded the new version and enabled cloud save on the old and the new build.

I can access the end of act 1 from the new version of today but it just says "Act 2 coming soon" after the end scene/credits.

Probably I am just to close (to the monitor) to see...

Also how do I switch over to the English version?

It auto-set to German.

Any ideas?

I have downloaded the new version and enabled cloud save on the old and the new build.

I can access the end of act 1 from the new version of today but it just says "Act 2 coming soon" after the end scene/credits.

Probably I am just to close (to the monitor) to see...

Also how do I switch over to the English version?

It auto-set to German.

Any ideas?

The "Act 2 coming soon" part is a mystery to me. That would only happen in the old build.

To switch to English, just go to the main menu in options and select your audio language. (You can only set up subtitles in the game menu).

DRM free builds aren't due out until tomorrow. If you want to play now, you have to follow the instructions to opt into the backer beta branch on Steam.

I vaguely remember on Humble Bundle there was a new version of DRM-free Broken Age (it was 2GB in size, with a "New" next to the version date). I remember wanting to use this download link myself (because Steam isn't the best at downloading things at times), but it has since been reverted back to the old 1000MB download. I'd imagine this gave Grim_Tentacle the impression that the Humble build had act 2 included.

Thanks.

Could you kindly point me to the corresponding details/how to page/thread? I can´t find it in the Steam options.

I just don´t use Steam that often.

Thanks.

Could you kindly point me to the corresponding details/how to page/thread? I can´t find it in the Steam options.

I just don´t use Steam that often.

Here are the steps (retrieved from the Humble Bundle page):

1. Install Broken Age.

2. Right click on Broken Age and select 'Properties'

3. Click on the 'Betas' tab

4. Enter your code and select 'Check Code'

5. Select the branch 'Beta - Beta branch'

6. Wait for the game to download

7. Play the game!

Hope this helps!

Maybe these instructions should have been included in one of the two emails I received from Double Fine -- or maybe there's another message still on the way. :)

Anyway, solved my Steam issue too.

Figured I could ask in this thread as well since I suspect that I am missing something really obvious when trying to download act 2.

I followed all the steps described above and put in my key and selected the backer beta. But when I try to update it chugs for a little while and then Steam times out. I tried updating other games in my library and it went perfectly...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Sign in to follow this