Sign in to follow this  
Cheeseness

Ahhh! How Do I Access The Backer Beta Of Act 2??? (find out here)

Hey people!

Since there isn't one, here's a thread with a summary of steps required to get into the backer beta. It'll be totally irrelevant tomorrow, so if you're not planning to play today, just ignore this and your game should update itself tomorrow as part of the public release.

Step 1: Wait for an email titled "Broken Age Act 2 now available!" It will come from noreply@humblebundle.com and will contain a code.

Step 2: Copy that code and open Steam.

Step 3: Right click on Broken Age in your game library, select properties and click on the Betas tab and paste it in the text area specifically for pasting sweet, sweet codes.

Step 4: Click the "Check Code" button (don't press enter!).

Step 5: Select "Backer - Backer branch" from the dropdown list and then click Close.

Step 6: Wait for the update to download. Feel good about being a backer and helping make this awesome game happen.

Step 7: Start the game and enjoy \o/

Step 7a: Write yourself a note to opt out of the beta tomorrow via the same steps so that you can receive updates to the released version of the game.

If you haven't received your email, give it time. It's going to take a while for those 90,000+ emails to get out there. Give your spam folders, etc. a check too. Make sure you're checking the right email account - it'll be whichever one you previously received your Broken Age Steam key via (most likely the one you created your Kickstarter account with). If it's been A MILLION YEARS and you think you should've received the email by now, shoot an email through to support@doublefine.com

If you see a message saying "This is claimed", don't worry. The code is in the email, not on your Humble download page.

If you can't find the code on your download page, don't worry. The code is in the email, not on your Humble download page.

If you're still waiting and want something to do, why not check out latest awesome documentary episode, vote on what kind of box you think the $100 backer edition should have, celebrate your excitement here on the forums, put a shoe on your head, or play Act 1 again as a warmup (Tim recommends this!).

Also: the email you check should be the one you used for Kickstarter, or the one you used to grab Slacker backer! I'm sure some folks have changed/updated their address since part 1.

Ah, good call! I've updated the post to include that as well as a couple of common problems I've seen people mentioning.

Hey people!

Since there isn't one, here's a thread with a summary of steps required to get into the backer beta. It'll be totally irrelevant tomorrow, so if you're not planning to play today, just ignore this and your game should update itself tomorrow as part of the public release.

Step 1: Wait for an email titled "Broken Age Act 2 now available!" It will come from noreply@humblebundle.com and will contain a code.

Step 2: Copy that code and open Steam.

Step 3: Right click on Broken Age in your game library, select properties and click on the Betas tab and paste it in the text area specifically for pasting sweet, sweet codes.

Step 4: Click the "Check Code" button (don't press enter!).

Step 5: Select "Backer - Backer branch" from the dropdown list and then click Close.

Step 6: Wait for the update to download. Feel good about being a backer and helping make this awesome game happen.

Step 7: Start the game and enjoy \o/

If you haven't received your email, give it time. It's going to take a while for those 90,000+ emails to get out there. Give your spam folders, etc. a check too. Make sure you're checking the right email account - it'll be whichever one you previously received your Broken Age Steam key via (most likely the one you created your Kickstarter account with). If it's been A MILLION YEARS and you think you should've received the email by now, shoot an email through to support@doublefine.com

If you see a message saying "This is claimed", don't worry. The code is in the email, not on your Humble download page.

If you can't find the code on your download page, don't worry. The code is in the email, not on your Humble download page.

If you're still waiting and want something to do, why not check out latest awesome documentary episode, vote on what kind of box you think the $100 backer edition should have, celebrate your excitement here on the forums, put a shoe on your head, or play Act 1 again as a warmup (Tim recommends this!).

So no DRM free download via HumbleBundle one day in advance? Just sucky Steam?

Act 2 keeps crashing when I try to launch it. When I revert back to Act 1, it still runs normally. My PC is a Fujitsu Lifebook AH530 Notebook. Any thoughts on troubleshooting?

So no DRM free download via HumbleBundle one day in advance? Just sucky Steam?

Yup, but as per the original Kickstarter reward descriptions, beta access for backers was only ever offered via Steam, so the time to have some positive outcomes from being sad about that is 3 years' past (I agree, it's a shame, but it's only for a day :) )

Act 2 keeps crashing when I try to launch it. When I revert back to Act 1, it still runs normally. My PC is a Fujitsu Lifebook AH530 Notebook. Any thoughts on troubleshooting?

Someone has had the same problem (http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/16849/) but it was fixed after rebooting their machine. If that doesn't fix it I think posting in the thread should give DF information that this is still happening!

Thanks for the fast response! Rebooting now, fingers crossed.

edit: no luck, posting to the other thread.

second edit: upon inspection, my problem is different, therefore, I am not posting to the other thread. I should have been more specific. I cannot even launch the game without it immediately crashing in the current update.

edit the third: e-mailed support, turns out my drivers needed updating. Issue got resolved and so far the gameplay is fantastic! Thanks again!

[del]My code doesn't work. In steam it gives me "Beta code invalid.". =/ Steam on OSX and the code that went out in email about 5 hours ago.[/del]

Never mind... I'm an imbecile. Was so eager that I had selected The Cave and tried to enter the code there... Oh well... =)

Never mind... I'm an imbecile. Was so eager that I had selected The Cave and tried to enter the code there... Oh well... =)

It's easy to do. Don't worry :D

Hm... The DRM-free version is not yet available, right? The direct download from Humble says the last update is from 2014-07-03.

Hm... The DRM-free version is not yet available, right? The direct download from Humble says the last update is from 2014-07-03.

That should come tomorrow with the public release.

Are slacker backers who backed through the Double Fine Humble Bundle not getting codes like the other slacker backers? I haven't received an email with one yet.

Are slacker backers getting it too? Because it seems we aren't

I had to buy the Slacker Backer bundle because I got myself out of my own Kickstarter email, I'm that smart, but I thought it was all the same.

The email is not in the spam folder and the humble bundle and the Double Fine emails are the same.

I'm a regular backer and I definitely don't have the email yet, so wouldn't worry just yet. That said, if the only way to retrieve the code is in the email, I do hope I get it by the time I get home tonight.

Slacker backers are meant to receive the code (some already have), although I'm not sure about the bundle thing.

Thanks Cheeseness! Will remember to opt out tomorrow.

No problems! :D

Yup, but as per the original Kickstarter reward descriptions, beta access for backers was only ever offered via Steam, so the time to have some positive outcomes from being sad about that is 3 years' past (I agree, it's a shame, but it's only for a day :) )

The confusion is probably a result from the unfortunate wording in DF's emails. "Broken Age in its fully completed glory 24 hours before the rest of the world" is definitely anything but a "beta" version — we'd all be in real trouble anyway if Broken Age was supposed to leap from beta to gold in 24 hours; and "We’re working with Humble and Steam to get codes out", well, that does sound like the Humble release was in order.

It would have been the first time Humble ever managed something like that, so I've been sceptical from the get-go, but just looking at the wording, you'd really get a different idea.

How do you handle slacker backers who've changed and do not have access to their old email address since receiving the first Humble Bundle email?

It would have been the first time Humble ever managed something like that, so I've been sceptical from the get-go, but just looking at the wording, you'd really get a different idea.

I can buy that. I hope it hasn't lead to a lot of confusion.

How do you handle slacker backers who've changed and do not have access to their old email address since receiving the first Humble Bundle email?

This is my problem as well. I've emailed support, but still haven't gotten a reply.

Slacker backer /w no e-mail change. Haven't received code, logged a ticket with HB. Hopefully it will get here before I get home from work!

Yet another backer with no email or code here.

Annoying but nevermind, I can wait another day I suppose; I haven't even played act 1 yet as I wanted to wait 'till act 2 was released so I could enjoy the game as a whole.

I got the DoubleFine HumbleBundle copy of Broken Age will I get an email?

EDIT** I emailed Support and they gave me the code almost instantly!

Hmm... I'm a regular backer, and I haven't gotten an email yet either. I'm a bit disappointed, I was hoping it would be ready when I got home from work. I notified support though.

I haven't received an email either... Still no code in my box. (and no it isn't in the spam either)

Hello. I´m a backer, but my "old" account of Steam has been closed and I have created a new one. Can I use the the Humble Bundle code to download the full game or its just a code for an update ?

Many thanks.

Is there any way to get the game through GOG, instead of Steam/HB? I went to GoG to download the game, and found out that I seemingly don't have it there on my account... It's been so long that I had completely forgotten that I must have received it via humble bundle.

I don't buy from Steam willingly; not unless the title is nowhere else to be found, and something I'm okay with losing. (I don't have Steam installed this year.)

When inXile sent the codes for the deluxe WL2 edition for Steam, I was later given the option to revoke those for the GoG edition.

I would certainly love to get a similar option from DoubleFine, if that becomes a possibility in the future.

Very recently Gog added a promotion for accepting 3rd party game keys for (participating) games that they offer. So for instance, my CD key for Stalker adds their Stalker installer to my account.

http://www.gog.com/reclaim

Sign in to follow this