Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BFKelleher

I need some help with a few of the things in the new Act 2 towards the middle I believe

I'm pretty sure I'm stuck in the middle of both parts. Just a few questions I'd like some hints for since I don't have GameFAQs yet and I'm terrible at adventure games apparently.

Shae:

How do I get the radioactive sheets from the guards? If it's to fence them, how do I get a stick? If it's to give them a new god to worship, how?

I've got the wire for the robot. Is there a way I can find out how to wire him besides guessing over and over? If it's just guessing can someone just tell me because I'm already stuck on a few other things and I don't want to keep guessing.

How do I get a shell for my dad's acidic soup? Is it from the cultist?

What do I do with this cupcake?

What do I do with the bird's cracking egg? It's tempting and I feel it's important.

How do I perform the heimlich on the squeaking guy?

Vella:

I got the bomb. How do I get the trash chute open? I can't find a separate system for it unless it's just something I've overlooked.

How do I change the weave after giving the star chart? I think there might be a hook or needle involved, but the girls won't give me their hook.

That's pretty much all I've got so far and I'm stuck. If someone who has completed the game can give me a little nudge in the right direction, I'd be pretty grateful.

The wire part you will probably get the solution from the ship shay even makes a reference of it.

The vella part thing of the food room and the trash robot and play around with that.

Yeah I thought the hexabot wiring would be on the ship, but I haven't seen it anywhere despite looking for it. Anything closer than just 'on Bella's side' for that one

But thanks for the kitchen tip. I'll check that out.

Wow, many of the questions answer each other. I'll hide the test in white.

Shay: You already have plenty of things you need, you use the cupcake to get the stick, gramps give you a hint on how.

You already have the item for the acidic soup, it's one of the items you asked about.

As for the robot, the hint is on Vella's side.

To help the choking guy, you have to go near the tuba.

Vella: You have to make a mess to get rid of that bomb.... have some breakfast if you can't think of anything. ;P

This also will help solve your other problem

I think that should help you?

OK, thanks for the help so far. I've managed to get the chute open, but Vella ain't fast enough to get the cute open. Also, getting a gluten free dude to lick the frosting off got me a cane which helped me out. Here's where I am with questions now:

Shay:

Egg for Calcium carbonate for making the solution more basic. Got that. Any hints on getting through to the bird? Showing her the picture of Vella does something, but doesn't work by itself.

Going by the tuba gets the snake on Shay. Blowing on the tuba gets it off. No clue as to how to get the snake from the horn to the choking man.

Still no clue on the gyro thing but I guess that'll come organically.

Vella:

Nuclear fuel can't melt fabric-covered beams Moving the beam slows down the trash-bot a bit, but apparently not enough for Vella to actually put the bomb in the chute. Probably just something I'm missing.

I still have very little clue as to how to mend the weaver's star map to suit my needs. Shay may have said it but I must have missed it and there isn't really a way to get characters to repeat themselves when they say something useful in this game.

I know the Hexabot pattern is on Vella's side. I just have idea as to WHERE it is on Vella's side. I've been looking for it, but I have only seen like 2 hexabots and none of them have exactly opened up their backs to show me what it looks like. I have a feeling this might be connected to the trash chute puzzle, as in having to actually stop the bot rather than just slowing him down enough.

Shay:

-You need the fruit AND the eggshell, if you don't have the fruit, you don't have the other item you need... Have you heard some odd drinking noises?

-Have you seen Shay's kid pictures on Vella's side? Shay is a hugging champion!

-Do you have the gyro schmatic?

Vella:

-Don't you know of another way to move faster around the ship?

-The hint is on Shay's side, remember what do you want to accomplish with the star chart? Where do you want to go? Maybe a tune will help you remember?

-The Hexabot puzzle is a bit challenging, have you put a wired bot in the charging station?

Thanks for the quick reply.

S:

Didn't realize that you could get under the clouds there near the trunk. Been a while since Act 1. Got the items there. Got the shell.

I don't know where those pictures are. If they're in the trophy room, then Vella won't look at them anymore. She keeps being like "nope I don't wanna look at this anymore."

Yes I have the schematic. He gives it to you.

Vella:

Oh duh. Got it. Move faster using special closets.

Not sure what that means. Or the charging station.

So now I have cereal. Not sure what to do with this. Guess I'll feed those girls.

Edit: Update

Vella side I can't do anything on. Gotta stick with Hope in case Thalmor dude leaves the ship. I don't see anything in that room that hints at the hexabot wiring. All I need now is

Shae:

Hexabot wiring

A way to make that gyro shematic come to life. I assume this somehow involves getting the snake to help the man choking but I have no idea how to do that.

Highlight the text to see some more direct hints.

Vella: there's a picture on Hope's desk.

Shae: Shae's used to being hugged tightly.

Alright. The picture on Hope's desk helped more than I thought it would. Didn't realize there's a charger for the robot. Thought he was just put the wring back together and he'd go.

So the last thing I have right now is getting this tree to make me a mold.

Edit: Don't think I need help anymore. Thanks, friends!

For the life of me, I can't find a reference to the hexipal wiring for Shay on the ship. Am I missing something incredibly obvious?

It's not the wiring alone. It's the wiring and the result of the wiring when looked at through a device on Alex's ship.

Ooooh, thanks, Now I have something to play with and I think I'm starting to see how this works, thanks!

I'm currently stuck much sooner - Mom wants the name of the favorite toy, yet no item in the trophy room seems to hold it. As for Shay, I have no idea where to get a eggshell from and what to give that woman as a hook so I can get that wire..

PatTheMav - do the highlight thing again for some spoilerish hints.

Vella - what did his favourite toy DO to him?

Shay - eggshells generally come from eggs - where have you seen one of those?

Shay - you already have a hook on you, it's just a matter of convincing her it's worth trading for.

Thanks for the hints.

Yeah I guess I got the general direction I need to go for the "convincing" part, yet I don't know how to "reach it" yet ;)

Same for the egg, it's protected and I haven't wrapped my head around how to gain access to it.

OK. Now I'm stuck on the last puzzle. How does one go about re-enabling a death laser?

Edit: Never mind there's a switch.

Thanks for the hints.

Yeah I guess I got the general direction I need to go for the "convincing" part, yet I don't know how to "reach it" yet ;)

Same for the egg, it's protected and I haven't wrapped my head around how to gain access to it.

Well, sometimes you just need to have a good laugh and have a glass of juice.

OK. Now I'm stuck on the last puzzle. How does one go about re-enabling a death laser?

Sing us a song, you're the piano man. Sing us a song tonight.

Then you need to:

Come, they told me, parumpapumpum; me and my drum.

Sing us a song, you're the piano man. Sing us a song tonight.

Then you need to:

Come, they told me, parumpapumpum; me and my drum.

No, I had that bit. I had just neglected to find the actual power switch for the power. Power switch for the power of course.

Beat the game now. I'll say it was worth the wait for now and re-evaluate it later.

Okay. I've got one more:

How do I get the star chart? I see where it is but can't get to it. All logical alternate routes seem to be blocked. I even think I know how to reroute to where I actually want to go once I grab it, but I can't figure out how to get a hold of it.

Okay. I've got one more:

How do I get the star chart? I see where it is but can't get to it. All logical alternate routes seem to be blocked. I even think I know how to reroute to where I actually want to go once I grab it, but I can't figure out how to get a hold of it.

Hmm. Still nothing popping out at me and no ideas. I feel like I might be missing an inventory item or something. I've cleared most of the ship and only have the trigger, hook, and knife.

I'll keep working at it I guess!

Hmm. Still nothing popping out at me and no ideas. I feel like I might be missing an inventory item or something. I've cleared most of the ship and only have the trigger, hook, and knife.

I'll keep working at it I guess!

When Marek was trapped, he did something for you, what did it do?

I'm going to white text this because I feel like I'm being very dense here, especially considering I've been working on this puzzle for the past couple hours. xD

So I noticed that the console was a separate highlight from Marek with your previous hint, but I still don't see any way or reason to interact with it. Obviously, I can't hit the console while he's standing right in front of it, and the door that it opened earlier where the maidens are being held just won't let me through because Vella doesn't want to be seen by Marek. The passageway from the Weaver's room is also blocked by debris. I feel like I need to find a way to distract Marek somehow so that I can either hit the button on the console or enter the room from one of the alternate entrances and steal the star chart. Am I forgetting yet another door? That would be rather impressive for me considering I've walked the ship end to end a few dozen times at this point. :P

I'm going to white text this because I feel like I'm being very dense here, especially considering I've been working on this puzzle for the past couple hours. xD

Oh. The problem is much simpler than.

Sometimes, when you're younger, you wish you could teleport to the future to be an adult, but childhood memories are important in leading you down the right path. You have to live your life by the wires, because being a kid means someone will be there to help clean up your messes when you raise the alarm.

Help?

So I've inched closer to the finish line and solved some stuff on my own (yay), but again - I have a basic idea what the game expects me to do and a rough idea of the solution but I can't get to trigger it (white text ahead):

I'm supposed to get the trash bot to "run" to the trash exhaust so I can throw the bomb in by teleporting to it - but how do I make the trash bot reappear? The cereal animation in the food room does nothing and I can't seem to find that thing anywhere..

Also Shay can't tell a joke even if his life would depend on it - I have no idea how to get that fish from the talking tree..

Wow, I'm an idiot, haha. I figured it out. I have no idea why I didn't think to play with that. Thanks!

So I've inched closer to the finish line and solved some stuff on my own (yay), but again - I have a basic idea what the game expects me to do and a rough idea of the solution but I can't get to trigger it (white text ahead):

Sometimes you just have to stop and pause your actions midway through and take a closer look. If that falls, sometimes you'll find that without obstacles in your path, life can get ahead of you.

How to hint this one without spoiling the joke... I suppose a riddle might work: I am butterfly and a fisherman. I hang from a hangman's scaffold but have never been on trial. I'm with you when you leave the house and leave you when you return. I can be used to represent many things, such as speed or love. I start branching paths, but can only be seen when those paths are cut off from you. What am I?

Sign in to follow this