Sign in to follow this  
OrangeLadBoy

What were the results?

Hello, I am poor at best for understanding how to post on forums but I have been searching all around for the answers to a few questions:

Is Little Pink Best Buds at the end of it's production? Meaning is the prototype what there is and DF will not be moving forward with LPBB? (May be the case if it achieved exactly what it was intended to be) just would like to know.

Is there anywhere on here that states what the final outcome of these prototypes are/were?

From what I can tell Hack n Slash is the only one that became a final retail product. Is that the case? Not in a negative way just interested. Sorry I have been digging for a while (mostly to figure out about the fate of LPBB) but I am really confused. Not that I expected all of these to move forward just was interested if there was at any point a thumbs up or down on each project.

Thanks!

Hello, I am poor at best for understanding how to post on forums but I have been searching all around for the answers to a few questions:

Is Little Pink Best Buds at the end of it's production? Meaning is the prototype what there is and DF will not be moving forward with LPBB? (May be the case if it achieved exactly what it was intended to be) just would like to know.

Is there anywhere on here that states what the final outcome of these prototypes are/were?

From what I can tell Hack n Slash is the only one that became a final retail product. Is that the case? Not in a negative way just interested. Sorry I have been digging for a while (mostly to figure out about the fate of LPBB) but I am really confused. Not that I expected all of these to move forward just was interested if there was at any point a thumbs up or down on each project.

Thanks!

Hack 'n' Slash was actually part of Amnesia Fortnight 2012. Three of the Amnesia Fortnight 2012 games were extended beyond the prototype: Hack 'n' Slash, Spacebase DF-9, and Autonomous (the latter only for the Leap Motion controller, through their marketplace).

None of the prototypes from Amnesia Fortnight 2014 have ever been announced to be receiving extensions beyond the original amnesia fortnight prototypes. The only way that the prototypes can get extended is if they get deals from outside sources such as publishers or angel investors. They also can get funding directly from fans through early access or crowdfunding, but both of these have their own share of problems, as Double Fine has discovered, so as they'll likely be making changes to their approaches to revenue earned from fan sources due to the lessons they've learned these past few years, it's unlikely that they'll be going through either of these options again any time soon. None of these funding sources have been announced for any of the Amnesia Fortnight 2014 games (or for the rest of the games from Amnesia Fortnight 2012, for that matter).

Maybe it's a bit soon to say this, but I'm surprised none of these have been announced as going into development yet. If I remember correctly, Spacebase, Hack n Slash, and Autonomous were put into production relatively soon after AF 2012.

What's DF working on right now besides DotT and the unannounced Adult Swim game? Maybe one of the prototypes is the AS game?

I really hope they're working on Black Lake. The demo was amazing.

I really hope they're working on Black Lake. The demo was amazing.

Me too me too me too me too me too me too me too me too me too me too me too me too me too me too me too me too me too!!!!

Feels like that game was the most artistically complete of the AF2012 prototypes (possibly with the exception of Autonomous, which I felt was pretty much a complete small game), but at the same time, like it lacks a lot for making it a full game from that stage. Lots of mechanical expansion would be needed, not just expanding the world and story.

Sign in to follow this