Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mistermanticle

Anyone else bugged by how Metacritic is showing the scores?

The Complete Edition for the PS4 has a freaking 90, that's AMAZING! They were showing that through yesterday, but now they're showing the reviews just for "Broken Age Act 2". I really don't like that reviewers are individually rating Act 2, as it's not MEANT to be episodic, the game is meant to be one giant continuous game, it was just a product of the development cycle they had to release it like this. I don't think there's anything we can do to change metacritic's mind, but I really feel they should only be showing reviews for the whole game in its entirety (IE how reviewers are reviewing the PS4 edition)

It's a little confusing, but scores overall are great, so I'll take it.

People can just average the average metacritic score of act 1 and act 2 to get the score for the complete game. No big deal really.

Do review scores for separate experiences have the additive property necessary for your averaging theorem to work or are the experiences distinct?

Math snarkyness aside, I wonder how people who only play the one experience will view it differently than those of us who split it up over a year?

Math snarkyness aside, I wonder how people who only play the one experience will view it differently than those of us who split it up over a year?

I wonder too! Luckily I'll get to introduce the entire game to some my friends, and I'll be able to get a better sense of that at least in my own head.

Smiles

Given how I think Act 1 is far and away superior to Act 2, I don't really have a problem with this.

The two acts may have originally been designed as one but the end result is that a lot of people will have played them individually and I don't think it's especially unfair to judge them separately as a result.

Sign in to follow this