Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sswift

What were your favorite parts of the game? *** SPOILERS! ***

By far, my favorite joke was the sad sack. :)

That drawing of Shay with the snake was also excellent.

I also enjoyed the kitten reading a newspaper. It took a while for me to notice that when Curtis moved it the base of the mold had become a litter box though!

And I got the Terminator reference at the end there, but for a moment, I thought Grabbin' Gary was giving Shay the finger!

Hahaha I realised it was a thumbs-up, but I also thought it looked a lot like he was giving him the finger too.

I laughed a lot at the scene where Vella nonchalantly formulated her bombing plan while Shay's Mom was just like o_O.

I was also delighted by the scene where the Dead-Eye guards rode into the sunset.

The knife also made me laugh a lot. I liked the exchange if you show it to Shay's Mom.

Also, if Shay tries to give the fruit to the tree: "Hey, not all of us WANT to bear fruit, okay? Many of us are happy with our decision not to have any fruit, so don't make assumptions, please. [...] Sorry. It's just that my parents always bring it up, you know."

Absolutely loved the dead-eye guards riding off into the sunset that was absolutely hilarious.

Almost all of Curtis' dialogue was hilarious too, I loved how he was like an old hipster - the realities of the world slowly catching up to him but still wanting to follow his passion and be cool.

Knife, Spoon, Fork were all brilliant in their own ways. Was so excited to find the fork even if it didn't have as much dialogue the fact that there was a love rivalry going on was wonderful.

Of the puzzles the satisfaction of working out what the knots looked like was probably the best feeling, I remember being all excited that it DID look like an elephant with eating its own trunk. Their names for them seemed incredibly apt in retrospect and makes me want to go and see all the different ones you can encounter.

Oh, gosh, every part of the knot puzzle was hilarious. From the knot shapes themselves (the mathematical formula!) to the nonsensical phrases that nevertheless describe them perfectly (a headache wearing a belt!) to the unknotting instructions (pull the wings off a fly! he loves me not!).

I forgot to mention earlier: THE WAVE. That was some payoff! xD

Favorite parts of the game:

1. Hipster Lumberjack! He was revived for fan service, but he turned out to be one of the most hilarious characters in the game. He was honestly probably my favorite person to talk to. I was sad when his dialogue ran out.

2. The Dialogue Tree. I mean, for one thing, that name is pretty much perfect-o, but those tree jokes? I'm dyin' over here.

3. RED BOT!!!! Did you see him?! THANK YOU OLIVER AND ART TEAM FOR FAN SERVICE.

4. Dutch the Knife. Another character who I wished had infinite dialogue.

5. The puzzle where you have to translate the pitch pipe notes into stitches. GENIUS lateral thinking puzzle. A+

6. The wiring puzzles. Although it got a teeny bit frustrating during the final puzzle when you had to keep rewiring the hexipals over and over again, the puzzles themselves were great. The wiring puzzles were very, very Myst, so I naturally thought they were great. Anyone complaining that the wiring puzzles were too hard needs to go play Riven and report back to me once you figure out how the D'ni geometric numerical system works, break into the golden domes, and then solve the marble grid on the central island. Without using a guide. Then maybe you can talk to me about the wiring puzzle difficulty. ;-)

I just realized I failed to bring the fish to the lumberjack to get his commentary on it. I wonder if he had any good lines.

Actually one of my favourite fan-moments was the inclusion of the line

"Works like crazy!"

Which has been used in Tim's games since Monkey 2

Actually one of my favourite fan-moments was the inclusion of the line

"Works like crazy!"

Which has been used in Tim's games since Monkey 2

No jokes about tunnels that open into a system of catacombs, though.

OR MAYBE THERE IS AND I DIDN'T FIND THEM

Sign in to follow this