Sign in to follow this  
Cheeseness

Did You Take Notes, Scribble Clues or Draw Diagrams While Playing? Share them here!

This thread is really cool :)

ePVGynO.png?1

Ermagerd its merjurs!!!

First, hooray for finally finishing after three staggered evenings of play, and no hints.

On the down side, it seems I'm one of the few that got really stubborn about the knot puzzle. I thought FOR SURE that a particular chain of knots and actions were the key. I spent 45 minutes trying to make a chart of the knot permutations and which options lead to other knots -- purposely trying new options each time to fill out the chart, and taking way too long to realize the results were random.

011.JPG

I was also late the the party where the finding where first wiring clue was hidden, and started looking for random clues in the ship architecture. My wiring notes ended up on an old mail-order pet supply invoice.

012.JPG

The bot wiring IS random in each game - that's why I found it so frustrating.

Anyway, here's MY notes. I needed a little motivation from a "friend", but I got it done in the end.

Broken Age Notes.png

578d009943a4c_BrokenAgeNotes.png.087b41f

When I needed this, I switched windowed mode, and made printscreens :-)

The bot wiring IS random in each game - that's why I found it so frustrating.

Anyway, here's MY notes. I needed a little motivation from a "friend", but I got it done in the end.

After few playthrough my notes shows the order of the icons on corners change between games, but the icon pairs stay the same for dancing, playing the harp and charging, so you can wire all the corners and pop your hexpal to the charging station to find out the icon order and figure out all those wirings. Only the safety wave wiring completely changes between games, but it can be easily read from Vella's hexpal's back.

I absolutely LOVED the wiring puzzles :D

Making notes felt good, man!

ks5EGaC.jpg

edit: huh, @Tzivaeris, that looks like a screenshot... was there really a chart for the boot puzzle in game?

edit: huh, @Tzivaeris, that looks like a screenshot... was there really a chart for the boot puzzle in game?

Yes, answer once or twice wrong to the shoe question and game sends Vella back to the Trophy/Junk room and Vella says it is better to make chart and it appears as clickable object on the wall.

Yes, answer once or twice wrong to the shoe question and game sends Vella back to the Trophy/Junk room and Vella says it is better to make chart and it appears as clickable object on the wall.

And I thought you could then actually fill that in-game chart. Took me a bit to figure out that it was just a nudge to the player to make their own chart on a piece of paper.

But wouldn't that have been a great feature to spend another month of production on? :D

l9zL9Gv.jpg

Was I the only one who took notes to try and figure out the mapping from music pattern to weaving pattern?

?ACT=36&fid=36&aid=4857_LZUeVSeF2qLRcWovcvGy&board_id=1

2015-05-02-155950.jpg

2015-05-02-155950.jpg.207966a854e289d1ae

Here is mine. I think the bot wiring is random in each game!

BrokenAgeNotes_zpsda8ej6ki.jpg

I love that Vella doodles on her notes just like several people on this thread did xD

It's so interesting looking at how folks take note for the wiring puzzle. I never even thought about allocating a symbol to each corner. That seems like a much more space-efficient way of taking notes for that particular puzzle (which made sense that Vic did it, as he had to go through probably thousands of its variations). I just did it visually and it made perfect sense for me. Awesome, awesome thread!

It's so interesting looking at how folks take note for the wiring puzzle. I never even thought about allocating a symbol to each corner. That seems like a much more space-efficient way of taking notes for that particular puzzle (which made sense that Vic did it, as he had to go through probably thousands of its variations). I just did it visually and it made perfect sense for me. Awesome, awesome thread!

How do you solve these puzzles if you don't think of it as one symbol representing one corner?

How do you solve these puzzles if you don't think of it as one symbol representing one corner?

For the very first part of the wiring puzzle, I wrote down the symbols from Hope's family picture and fiddled with Shay's Hexipal one wire at a time. I didn't assign any symbol to the corner, which might have been useful, but most of the other wiring variations afterwards are shown or hinted in complete (the dancing one and the safety waving one) so I didn't have to think about the symbols at all.

If you look at my notes (bottom page 1) I just wrote down the wires' directions from one corner to another, and the order in which I need to connect them it. My harp-playing pattern reused the symbols from my first wiring pattern so I still didn't need to map out the symbols.

For the very first part of the wiring puzzle, I wrote down the symbols from Hope's family picture and fiddled with Shay's Hexipal one wire at a time.

How do you figure out that each row of two symbols corresponds to one wire without figuring out that the symbols represent the corners?

How do you figure out that each row of two symbols corresponds to one wire without figuring out that the symbols represent the corners?

I DID figure out that each symbol represent a corner, I just didn't write down which symbol correspond to which corner. What I've been saying is after the first Hexipal I didn't think about making a symbol chart, instead I just noted the directions and orders of the wires. Apologies if I've been unclear. English isn't my first language.

EDIT: on the first page, if you compare my notes with the one right above me, you can see that I didn't map out the symbols (which would have been smart), instead I only paid attention to the wires. Interesting stuff!

I DID figure out that each symbol represent a corner, I just didn't write down which symbol correspond to which corner. What I've been saying is after the first Hexipal I didn't think about making a symbol chart, instead I just noted the directions and orders of the wires.

Oh! Ok. xD

I just took a few screenshots of the hexapal wire-combinations and peedked every now and then. After rewireing them a few times I had it memorized and I just tried to remember the other things (and it worked :P) Seeing this thread however makes me a little sad that I didn't make any scribbles I could share.

It's so interesting looking at how folks take note for the wiring puzzle. I never even thought about allocating a symbol to each corner ... I just did it visually and it made perfect sense for me.
For the very first part of the wiring puzzle, I wrote down the symbols from Hope's family picture and fiddled with Shay's Hexipal one wire at a time. I didn't assign any symbol to the corner
I DID figure out that each symbol represented a corner, I just didn't write down which symbol corresponded to which corner. What I've been saying is after the first Hexipal I didn't think about making a symbol chart

This is pretty much how I did it. I took a photo on my phone of the correct symbol pattern in Hope's room for reference, then I started with the blue wire in the 6 o'clock position, connected it to the 8 o'clock and stuck the Hexipal in the slot to note if either symbol was correct, then systematically moved the wire around until the first two symbols were right. Afterwards I repeated it with the red and yellow wires in turn, but by that point I had a vague notion in my mind of which symbol corresponded to which corner, so it was faster and I never actually wrote it down.

When it came to wiring new patterns later in the game I was a little annoyed that I hadn't made a reference chart as I had to go through that procedure from scratch again.

This was how our whiteboard FINISHED the day. Much had already been scrubbed. :)

By the end of the knots puzzle, it was a smeary, incomprehensible mess!

WP_20150503_001.jpg

WP_20150503_001.jpg.7554cf0ff53e49358f30

What's a "Marp"?

Making fun of other people's handwriting, are we? A Marp is very similar to a Harp, it just goes up on the right a bit more.

Making fun of other people's handwriting, are we?

Oh, come on!

J4AL4cY.png

This is what's left of my notes. I jotted down other stuff on tiny unpractical post-its I had to trash.

There are also unrelated scribblings of mine on the left side of the page, with a different orientation! :-P

I'm Italian, so you'll find different letters and numbers in these familiar puzzles.

appunti.jpg