Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheeseness

Did You Take Notes, Scribble Clues or Draw Diagrams While Playing? Share them here!

Hey people!

A lot of people have talked about writing down their own notes for the shoe puzzle, or the wiring puzzles.

Did you take notes, draw diagrams or jot down clues? If you're willing to share, we'd love to see them :D

Broken_Age_notes_small.png

I didn't make a whole lot of notes for puzzles, though I did note a few moments that I thought might be good influences for fan art ^_^

I only made notes for the wiring puzzles:

tumblr_inline_nnkmsjDppe1sqiope_540.jpg

From the bottom diagrams you can see that the wire patterns I got were very neat and easy to remember.

Haha, I did take notes, but they're all over the place and nowhere near as well-labelled as the ones here. like the single sheet of paper that just has the word UDDER in it. I'll see if I can take a picture of some of them soon though.

Definitely! Here are my insane scribblings.

lol at the crossed-out Shellmound star chart pattern and the 'NOPE', I made that same mistake at first too.

I took a few photos on my phone of things I needed to remember, like the correct pattern of shapes I was looking for when I'd wired the Hexapal correctly, and the positions of the wires for when I needed to do the same wiring again at the end of the game.

I almost printed a screenshot of the chart for the boots puzzle and filled it in, but I managed to work out enough of it in my mind, and then just correctly picked the last option on a hunch.

One of my favourite things about adventure games is taking notes, here as some of the few i took so you

can guess which puzzle i was working on: (The first one might be a bit confusing)

Notes 001.jpg

Notes 002.jpg

Notes 003.jpg

578d00990440e_Notes001.jpg.b04634156a5d2

578d009910558_Notes002.jpg.25b27f5f8360f

578d009917ebb_Notes003.jpg.dfb21fb4ba62b

IMG_1199_zpsv9zenbne.jpg

Knots apparently gave me more trouble than I remembered. Also, fun fact! If you look carefully, you can see where I retroactively wrote "you clever m**********r, you" after guessing what would be the key to Hexipal wiring several steps in advance.

(No, I don't have a high opinion of myself. Why do you ask?)

DANG IT I took notes on a tissue with my pen, wiped some water off the table with it and and threw it away >_>

Took notes on everything in the junk room attempting to figure out the name of shay's favorite stuffed animal, it ended up making the boot question very easy. Drew out the symbols and wire layouts for the hexipals.

eYWMyQk.jpg?1

I had also some elaborate notes about space charts and music notes, but I tore them apart with an embarrassing fury when finally I stumbled upon the solution.

Really nice thread!

I tried to take screenshot of one of the pictures but somehow screenshot didn't show the pop-up picture.

So yeah, I ended up solving the game without taking any notes. I don't generally take "physical" notes of things, especially when it comes to adventure games.

Ha wow! I feel guilty now that I didn't take notes at all >.< Seeing all the hexipal notes I'm feeling pretty silly I tried to remember everything..

I did however end up whistling that damned tune for ages before I found its use. At least I hadn't forgotten it!

Oops! I didn't know we would share them here, I've got to tape them back together quickly. xD

Here's my solution to the Broken Age notes bonus puzzle:

b5oIcVW.jpg

As you might see, I'd been totally lost on that knotting puzzle. Also I was looking for triangular hints all around in the spaceship to make the hexipal working. Took me a while before I found them :>

Didn't need too many notes for this game. Just a single page. I spent more than that just listing Sword fighting dialogue in Monkey Island!

Broken Age Notes.png

578d009926234_BrokenAgeNotes.png.ed5c50c

Oh wow. All this stuff is great. Thanks to everybody who's shared something so far (including Vic - it was great to see your notes too! :D )

I didn't need any notes for knot puzzle - I figured out that somewhere has to be some clue, so after finding it I solved it on first try. I however had to replicate Vela's chart for Mom's riddle and to note down patterns for hexibots wiring.

20150501_001.jpg

20150501_002.jpg

Just finished Act 2 last night. Loved having to resort to pen & paper for puzzle solving for the first time in at least a decade.

2j3imgk.jpg

Just finished Act 2 last night. Loved having to resort to pen & paper for puzzle solving for the first time in at least a decade.

I saw your picture on twitter! Thanks for dropping by to post it here!

http://i.imgur.com/ihVBOEr.jpg

These are the only notes I took for the wiring puzzles. I solved them by memory once I figured out how they worked. I did sometimes forget the placements and patterns though, so some more notes would have been useful.

Sign in to follow this