Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

What shall we do with these boards?

At the very least, the Double Fine posts should be public.

I like the "downloadable PDF" idea too (I'm an archival nut and it would save me the hassle of dedicating a few days to finding and "Save as... HTML (Complete)"-ing every relevant post) but the main thing I want is public URLs I can cite or give to non-backers interested in writing or game development to help them get into the mindset.

gofer it. It was a neat little secret club we had but I have no problem letting people view the cool information

I also vote public. My initial reaction was entitlement (I supported this, so I should have exclusive access!), but it really makes no sense to deny people from seeing this stuff if they find it interesting. More importantly, public forums may be archived for the future :)

My personal vote is for items to slowly be phased in publicly where it makes sense. The section itself should be free to view by all because we have had our fun here, and exclusivity tends to come to an end at some point or another.

As I previously said, where it makes sense. One point some backers have brought up, which I find valid, is making the Sidequest category available. Due to non-backers still are required to pay for it, they shouldn't be allowed to view it as of now.

Once production on all materials for this project are released and made available, these forums should be set up in the read-only format (for non-backers if possible), while non-backers can still continue to contribute to new discussions. However, to please those who may not want to lose this privilege, a private section for general conversation may have to be set up where only backers may continue to post in order to maintain "exclusivity".

Release the Cracken.

There's no real reason to keep the backer forum private anymore, as the project is complete. There's no benefit in keeping it private.

I like the official posts read only, others left open, merge all with public forums solution.

This seems like the best solution to me.

Keep them as they are (no merge), but make them public.

... and read only. I like this idea.

I would prefer to make them public. Perhaps in the interest of privacy, the member posts should be marked as non-indexable by search engines. Official DF-posts should be indexable (I think there is public interest in showing the game-making process, e.g. to students of Game Design courses.)

They should be public but read only, like a sort of archive of the whole process, and any new discussion can take place in the regular forums.

I say merge all the discussions/feedback/general boards so that backers and non-backers are now in the same place.

However, I think the posts from Double Fine staff and 2PP related to the project should be archived in its own read-only area, but also publicly available.

Thanks!

This right here, boom

Make it public. I don't like the idea of a read only archive.

Public and read-only aren't mutually-exclusive. "Public" refers to visibility, "read-only" refers to whether or not posts can be made.

I'm choosing the final option actually because I want you guys to make a physical version of this entire forum. Preferably as a series of newspapers.

Nah, just kidding, I'm all for making this public or merging it with the public Broken Age forum. Though, might I suggest naming this Team Reds if you do merge?

I vote for Merge with Public boards. BTW, why no poll? That seems like the best option…

They should be public but read only, like a sort of archive of the whole process, and any new discussion can take place in the regular forums.

This. I'm also strongly against merging with public forums or allowing write access, as it would corrupt the archive. (And no, archiving the original data in a PDF doesn't make sense, since it would be unreadable.)

Public.

No opinion on whether they should be archived or merged or what, but public most definitely. Whatever makes most sense for the forums.

BUUUUUUURNNNNNNNNNNNnuh

Public and merge is my actual vote. :) Keep things tidy, all the things in one place.

Public read only (perhaps with writing rights for backers?)

I say merge all the discussions/feedback/general boards so that backers and non-backers are now in the same place.

However, I think the posts from Double Fine staff and 2PP related to the project should be archived in its own read-only area, but also publicly available.

Thanks!

I think this would be the best idea.

Thanks!

Same here

Thanks!

Same here

+1

I am all for making them public too and merging them with the other board. Let everyone else join in. :)

I'm for a public read-only archive, not necessarily as part of the main board (or perhaps at the bottom), so as not to clatter it. It would be interesting for people to learn more about the game and what went on, but I feel that DFA is behind us and there's no need to keep the forums alive. If people feel the need for a backer-only forum, I'd rather have one forum for

I would actually like the forums to stay "for us".

But, if the prevailing wind is to make them public, PLEASE make them read-only. These boards will, excuse my language, get shit all over by the trolls, and I'd really prefer them to stay unspoiled.

Sign in to follow this