Sign in to follow this  
slipa

android release for backers?

Just wondering if, now that the game is complete, backers will get an android version or if we have to buy it?

Thanks and well done on the game!

Not really an answer to your question, but I don't see any technical reason why backers couldn't get an Android version. Humble has infrastructure for Android distribution, including a Humble app that facilitates installation and updates to your games, and they even offer the APK installers if you prefer to sideload the games on your devices.

Yeah I went to my humble account expecting to see it there. I honestly can't remember if backers were ever promised mobile versions anyway, although I think there was a mobile platform stretch goal...?

Thank you for making an Android version. Even though I already supported the Kickstarter I ended up buying the Android version. One request though, can you allow installation on Nexus 10 tablets? I ended up pulling the apk from another device but it would be nice to be able to install this directly from the Google Play Store.

Sorry guys, Backing the game only gets you access to PC / Mac / Linux builds of the game.

We launched on every other platform at a discount though.

Tommy Lee - I'll check to see what can be done!

Sorry guys, Backing the game only gets you access to Windows / OS X / Linux / Ouya builds of the game.

Fixed for you.

Not happy about that... backed the game to support it and get it early.

As i wont pay twice (double fine?) for the result, i will end waiting for a 5$ android price.

But of course you promised no android release for backers.

I just thought, that those who support you before, should also get a good support later.

Sorry guys, Backing the game only gets you access to Windows / OS X / Linux / Ouya builds of the game.

Fixed for you.

And it's probably the biggest reason for anyone believing they'd get the android version too.

But I think they've been more than generous to backers already.

Plus if you really want the game on android you could always look up how to sideload the Ouya store and try that, though there's no guarantee this game will work. Supporting the game again is also nice...

As i wont pay twice (double fine?) for the result, i will end waiting for a 5$ android price.

I just thought, that those who support you before, should also get a good support later.

Okay, wait a second!

You has been a backer to support a gaming company to make a game and if they succeed you are gonne be able to play the game,

play the beta of part one weeks earlier, play the whole thing a day earlier.

You could have get it for only 15€

There are the higher backtier rewards.

Including a several hour long blur free HD documentation, a backer only special huge collectors box.

( 15 € slacker backer don't get any of this )

You certainly have played or will play the game entirly. Whenever you switch to mac or linux or windows you will be able to play it on those systems aswell, so kinda like, forever. You got no drm or are not bound to steam (like, when ever steam would be over you even would be able to play the game still ... but you even have the steam key for all the steam fun).

And still you are "Not happy" that you won't get a totally new ported version, of a game, that whatsoever is allready perfectly playable for you, for free?

Whats wrong with people and all this gimme gimme gimme?

Do you even realize they made act 2 of the entire game with the earnings from the release of the first act.

So they didn't even made the game with our backer money only, they spend even the earnings of the first round of selling the game (cause everybody who bought the game when act 1 was out, now gets act 2 for free, as it has been included).

So they spend extra money of their own to deliver a greater and bigger product for win/mac/linux - what they totally wouldn't have had to do.

No instead they could have totally only spend the backers money on the game and would have had to shorten broken age totally down to a maximum of the length of act 1 only.

Okay, wait a second!

You has been a backer to support a gaming company to make a game and if they succeed you are gonne be able to play the game,

Including a several hour long blur free HD documentation, a backer only special huge collectors box.

You certainly have played or will play the game entirly. Whenever you switch to mac or linux or windows you will be able to play it on those systems aswell, so kinda like, forever. You got no drm or are not bound to steam (like, when ever steam would be over you even would be able to play the game still ... but you even have the steam key for all the steam fun).

And still you are "Not happy" that you won't get a totally new ported version, of a game, that whatsoever is allready perfectly playable for you, for free?

Do you even realize they made act 2 of the entire game with the earnings from the release of the first act.

So they didn't even made the game with our backer money only, they spend even the earnings of the first round of selling the game (cause everybody who bought the game when act 1 was out, now gets act 2 for free, as it has been included).

So they spend extra money of their own to deliver a greater and bigger product for win/mac/linux - what they totally wouldn't have had to do.

No instead they could have totally only spend the backers money on the game and would have had to shorten broken age totally down to a maximum of the length of act 1 only.

When I backed this project the following was posted in the rewards section section:

“WHAT YOU GET

Download of the finished game DRM free on PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, or Android”

I have yet to download or play this game. I am frankly only interested on playing this in android because it's the most convenient platform for me. When I backed the project, based on the wording it said I had a choice. I chose and waited for Android. Why should I be punished now?

Okay, wait a second!

When I backed this project the following was posted in the rewards section section:

“WHAT YOU GET

I have yet to download or play this game. I am frankly only interested on playing this in android because it's the most convenient platform for me. When I backed the project, based on the wording it said I had a choice. I chose and waited for Android. Why should I be punished now?

Could you provide a link to your source for that quote? The reward tiers on the Kickstarter page do not mention Android at all, and those descriptions cannot be changed once published.

[

Could you provide a link to your source for that quote? The reward tiers on the Kickstarter page do not mention Android at all, and those descriptions cannot be changed once published.

I could have sworn it was in one of the updates, but they did have it on their website as well per:

https://web.archive.org/web/20120812045837/http://www.doublefine.com/dfapay

"WHAT YOU GET

Download of the finished game DRM free on PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, or Android

Steam code for the finished game on PC or Mac

Access to the PC/Mac Beta on Steam

HD streaming versions of the documentary series "

It mentioned android was included until November, I backed the project 9/3 when they still talked about android.

I could have sworn it was in one of the updates, but they did have it on their website as well per:

https://web.archive.org/web/20120812045837/http://www.doublefine.com/dfapay

"WHAT YOU GET

Download of the finished game DRM free on PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, or Android

Steam code for the finished game on PC or Mac

Access to the PC/Mac Beta on Steam

HD streaming versions of the documentary series "

It mentioned android was included until November, I backed the project 9/3 when they still talked about android.

Thank you.

Looks like DF is going to have to address this one.

Here's another thread about this same topic you guys might want have a look at: http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/16644/P0/

Spaff's quote from that thread:

Hmm so it did, wow what a mistake to make there. There were never any plans for this so this was oversight, and it looks like it was fixed a month or so later.

It looks like you backed in September that year, so I believe you when you say you backed for the android version, before we'd changed the page.

Mistake or not, I feel we should try to deliver. The problem is we can't get any android codes...

Can you please email me and we'll try to work out a solution? spaff@doublefine.com

Yeah, reach out to Spaff. DF has been more accommodating than I think they need to be. Ha.

Smiles

Okay, wait a second!

“WHAT YOU GET

Okay, so you and treibholz have 2 totally different situations here. Who would have thought there have been such a time window with a typo in it. ^^

So i wasn't adressing this whole post to your case ;)

My point just was, when you buy a pc/mac/linux version only, you can't expect an android version for free, just like that. An Android version is work and costs the company money. If you backed that game and was totally fine to only get the pc version, there is no point in beeing mad to not get an android version. That was all i am saying. ^^

Considering that they must be losing money with all the delays, generating money via the humble bundle ect. to finish DFA i think it´s save to say that if you like Double Fine you will understand that they just can´t put everything out there for free.

I Backed at the 110$ level and already bought the game again for my iPad. So i doubt your situation is much more pressing to get more "for free". ;)

Sign in to follow this