Sign in to follow this  
Cheeseness

DF Game Club: Broken Age part 2 (with special guests)

DOUBLE FINE GAME CLUB: Broken Age, Part 2 (starting 9th of May)

The Double Fine Game Club is a community run weekly event where interested gamers play through and come together to discuss what they do and don't like about a particular game (sort of like a book club, but for games). We usually aim to play one or two hours a week, and we normally have somebody streaming the current game so that those who don't have the game or don't feel like playing it again can still feel involved.

Discussion takes place here in the forums and on the Double Fine Game Club home page. Game Club is a very informal weekly chat, and everyone is welcome!

Previous game: Sam & Max: Ice Station Santa

Next Game: TBA (We're taking a break!)

wJMETC0.jpg

» » » CLICK HERE TO JOIN « « «

GAME CLUB SESSIONS

- 9th May, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 1st game session and general discussion plus devchat (log)

- 16th May, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 2nd game session and general discussion plus devchat (log)

- 23rd May, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 3rd game session and general discussion plus devchat (log)

- 30th May, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 4th game session and general discussion plus devchat (log)

- 6th May, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 5th bonus session and general discussion plus devchat (log)

SPECIAL GUESTS

- Oliver Franzke (@p1xelcoder)

- Anna Kipnis (@doubleanna)

- Nathan "Bagel" Stapley (@natelbagel)

- David Gardner (@IruinedYourDay)

- Ben Peck (@bvpeck)

- Khris Brown (@kbavoice)

- Tim Schafer (@timoflegend)

- More Guests To Be Confirmed

ABOUT THE GAME

Having exchanged places and left their respective worlds behind, Shay and Vella must get to the bottom of the connections between Mog Chothra, the Maidens Feast, Project Dandelion and Loruna

WHERE TO GET ONLINE

- Broken Age Website (Windows, Mac, Linux, DRM free + Steam key)

- Humble Store (Windows, Mac, Linux, DRM free + Steam key)

- GOG.com (Windows, Mac, Linux, DRM free, wallpapers)

- Steam (Windows, Mac, Linux)

GAME CLUB INFO

- Double Fine Game Club home page (with webchat, stream and session countdown timer)

- Game Club IRC: #DFAdventure on irc.foonetic.net (use the link above if you're not sure)

- @DFGameClub on Twitter (keep track of announcements)

- Game Club planning thread

- Game Club F.A.Q.

Edited by Cheeseness
Fixed URLs after forum upgrade

We just got word from Oliver that he's expecting to join us for one or two of the later sessions, and Majus is hoping to join us as well.

Aaand Anna sounds keen too! :D

We should be able to confirm more guests during the week/between the upcoming sessions.

Really looking forwards to streaming!

If there's any particular easter egg or dialogue you're wanting to make sure i don't miss, be sure to post it here and I'll make sure to show it during the stream =D

I always forget to drop in on these. Crossing my fingers that I'll remember to come hangout this weekend. =]

If there's any particular easter egg or dialogue you're wanting to make sure i don't miss, be sure to post it here and I'll make sure to show it during the stream =D

Please use the spoon on the Dad while he's still trying to pry open Mog Chothra, at the beginning of Shay's part. The spoon's response is adorable.

And it sounds like Bagel is keen to join us as well :D

Please use the spoon on the Dad while he's still trying to pry open Mog Chothra, at the beginning of Shay's part. The spoon's response is adorable.

Duly Noted!

Ugh... finally put it on my calendar to remember to come to one of these and now it turns out I have another obligation and most likely won't be able to make it.

I has sads.

Ugh... finally put it on my calendar to remember to come to one of these and now it turns out I have another obligation and most likely won't be able to make it.

I has sads.

There are four sessions planned. Maybe you'll be able to make one :)

I has sads.

There are four sessions planned. Maybe you'll be able to make one :)

I hope so! I hope our DF friends will be able to attend as well!

I won't be able to make this one either, as I'm doing an airport run. I'll have to try and make the next two!

I haven't done one of these in awhile.

I forget, are we playing through together or is it more like a Book Club, so my so far 3 playthroughs should be enough?

I forget, are we playing through together or is it more like a Book Club, so my so far 3 playthroughs should be enough?

Everyone chats as they watch a stream of someone playing it through.

The idea is that we're all meant to play through a couple of hours a week in our own time, but there's a stream (though it's mostly to provide some extra prompts for discussion) that you can watch if you're not able.

If/after we come back from hiatus, we'll likely be moving to a format where there won't be a longplay type stream.

Since I can't make it to the stream and Cheese has kindly offered to relay my questions, here are two! Feel free to rephrase them if they're confusing:

1. The "switching sides to solve puzzles" part of the game was mostly interpreted (and perhaps even written) as intuition, I personally thought of it as persistence and happy accidents (Shay and Vella keep going at it until something clicks), what is your personal take on this aspect of the game? What do you think it represent?

2. Since we never did get to find out Hope's surprise for Shay, what do you think it is :D?

Have fun folks! I'll be sure to check the chat logs whenever time allows!

We'll be live shortly. Come join us!

The chat log from today's session is up. Thanks to everybody who joined us today, and thanks to Majus and Anna for sharing some of their weekend with us!

Sorry for taking so long to do this. Just finished moving into my university dorm so I am now finally able to overview my plans for what parts I will be playing through each week and when.

So without further ado...

Stream 2:

Shay: Up to when shay has managed to obtain the Superconductive Gyroscopic Hypercam, as well as having obtained the Radiation Suit.

Vella: Up to when Vella has resumed exploring the ship

See you all in a couple days!

We've gotten word from tech/visual effects artist Lydia Choy (who now works for Oculus) that she might be able to join us :)

We'll be going live shortly, and Bagel has said that he should be able to join the chat in about 30 minutes.

The chat log from today's session is now up in the first post! Thanks to everybody who joined us today and a big thank you to Majus and Bagel for sharing their thoughts with us.

We've gotten word from animator David Gardner that he's hoping to join us next week. Exciting!

There was some talk during today's discussion about early "anti-hipster" reactions to the lumberjack animation tests which had been accidentally leaked outside of the backer community. Syd and I had a hunt around and think that this article is the example that was being talked about. There are a huge number of comments to sift through, but one comment from the article's author in response seems to give an indication of some of those attitudes.

Hipster?

He's clearly a lumberjack. An actual lumberjack.

What the **** is wrong with you people?

So for those still playing through Broken Age Part 2, the next stream will complete all the way up until when 2 mogs get in each other's way.

Hope to see everyone next week!

This was great fun! Managed to squeeze some trivia out of Bagel, despite him being a little overwhelmed by the fast-paced chat, Marius joined us (did we ever get that picture of their take-a-turn-each comic?), and a few of us chatted for hours after that stream had finished.

Majus shared the comic during the chat session, but I think some people might have had trouble viewing it (it worked for me). He also tweeted it just in case :)