Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anemone

You can support JP LeBreton! =]

Why would anyone want to support the man behind Spacebase DF-9?

[Hateful words removed. Please respect the DFAF "Guide to Decency" <3]

He also worked on Broken Age, and Gone Home, and The Cave, and Bioshock. Also, lots of people worked on SBDF9--not just JP.

I know there are a lot of people who are upset about how SBDF9 turned out, but tell me which of these two is a better person:

Person A: Works on a video game project (along with a bunch of other people) that doesn't pan out and leaves a lot of supporters disappointed or upset.

Person B: Actively wishes harm and misery upon another human being just trying to live his life.

It's cool if you have criticisms about how SBDF9 turned out, but please don't come to DFAF to be literally hateful to specific and real human beings, thanks.

And besides being in extremely poor taste, personal attacks are against the guide to decency. So that ends right now if you still want to be a part of this community.

Besides, considering the limited time and funding they had to work with, I'd say JP and the others made a fun little game. It kept me enthralled for a good 40 hours and I'm sure I'll play it again at some point.

It only seems disappointing when you get too caught up on personal expectations or when you compare it to games that were in production for literally 10x as long. People don't seem to realize how long games take to produce, and how rough something is going to be after, what? A year of development?

It wasn't his decision to stop working on the game, anyway.

It wasn't his decision to stop working on the game, anyway.

This is important, and he's been planning to go Indie for quite some time.

If I can get a job soon, I'll definitely support JP monetarily, no matter if I like his games or not, I love supporting Indie devs.

If I don't get a job, well then I'll support him in spirit. :)

If anybody's interested, JP has released a super early video looking at some of the tech he's been building and the game he's making.

SzF6Xm3dU_Y

There've been a few more videos released (if anybody's interested but not following closely). It's been neat to see the progression of the art style that he's working with as he hones in on what he's after (the 4th video seems like it's getting close).

The tool he's creating is usable if anybody's wants to check it out. It's called Playscii

Sign in to follow this