Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gbutera

So, what's next DoubleFine?

Because the worlds and characters and stories Tim and DF create are amazing and we want more of 'em. Sometimes it's just nice to revisit a familiar world under different contexts and circumstances, or to see those worlds expanded upon in a sequel, which I don't think is unreasonable.

Psychonauts for instance, left off on a huge cliff hanger and had alot of loose threads that could be wrapped up nicely in another game

The Costume Quest comic book was awesome. It would be great if there was a Psychonauts comic series, they could make True Psychic Tales Magazine come to life. :) Or, even better, a Psychonauts animated television series, but that one's definitely a pipe dream.

Because the worlds and characters and stories Tim and DF create are amazing and we want more of 'em. Sometimes it's just nice to revisit a familiar world under different contexts and circumstances, or to see those worlds expanded upon in a sequel, which I don't think is unreasonable.

Psychonauts for instance, left off on a huge cliff hanger and had alot of loose threads that could be wrapped up nicely in another game

True true,

I guess it's the movie world that makes me sequel tired, most sequels seem to disappoint and elaborate on a world in a way that might not always be the world you as a viewer imagined. I recently watched all the highlander movies (I shouldn't have done that). "In the end there can be only one" :P

Not to say that Tim would not be able to make a great sequel I would be more into novel games. Just an opinion.

Sign in to follow this