Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KestrelPi

As of June 1st there will be no -announced- original DF titles in development...

Psychonauts 1.5 - The adventures of Mr. Pokeylope - 6/31/15

I want this. Give it to me.

Just a single screen with Mr. Pokeylope staring blankly. Press A to make Mr. Pokeylope blink. #adventure

Psychonauts 1.5 - The adventures of Mr. Pokeylope - 6/31/15

I want this. Give it to me.

Just a single screen with Mr. Pokeylope staring blankly. Press A to make Mr. Pokeylope blink. #adventure

I still want it.

Probably more like a 'being there' (1979) kind of story. See you June 31.

Press F to pay respects....

Honestly, I want them to do something I've never heard of, never knew I wanted it until I saw it, full of artistic integrity and them get Mojang level money for it. I'm a man of simple requests.

Honestly, I want them to do something I've never heard of, never knew I wanted it until I saw it, full of artistic integrity and them get Mojang level money for it. I'm a man of simple requests.

All I want is a few naked pictures of Bea Arthur, a football helmet filled with cottage cheese, a sweet guitar, and an oversize novelty baby bottle. I am a man of simple requests.

Here's a partial playthrough of the Mnemonic prototype with

Unfortunately the youtuber is a bit lost and doesn't solve any perspective puzzles. I don't think anyone on the forums had access to the dev kit at the time, so no impressions here.

I'm still clinging to a small desperate hope that Double Fine will make a The Cave 2. It's such a great concept that just screams of potential to be iterated on.

Without Ron?!?!

They pitched Broken Age on Kickstarter with Ron despite him having nothing to do with it in the end, so why not?

Black Lake was one of my favourite concepts, that and Dear Leader, so any of those two would make me open my wallet.

Edit: As I'm playing the wonderful Witcher 3 at the moment, with all I've learnt through DF documentary, it just boggles my mind how much work must've been put into W3, can hardly grasp it.

I feel like shortly after June 1st would be a good time for another Humble Bundle takeover. They could have the 'Humble Double Fine Bundle 2' featuring Grim, Broken Age, and Massive Chalice. And they could hold AF2015

They pitched Broken Age on Kickstarter with Ron despite him having nothing to do with it in the end, so why not?

This is such a silly thing to say. First of all, that's completely irrelevant. Tim Schafer was the creative lead for Broken Age and Ron Gilbert was the creative lead on The Cave. Making The Cave 2 without Ron Gilbert would be like making Broken Age 2 (or Psychonauts 2) without Tim Schafer.

Secondly, Ron was in the pitch video, but they never said he was going to be designing/coding on the project. They simply said he's the creator of the genre and "maybe he'll help us". And he DID participate in the beginning. He made an entire 30-minute video with Tim, helped Tim think about the past and present of the genre, and he provided feedback on the design of the game. He also appeared in a few of the earlier episodes of the doc. Maybe you were hoping/expecting for a lot more Ron involvement, but don't try to make it out like they portrayed Broken Age as a Ron Gilbert project (they absolutely did not), and don't try to make it out like Ron was never seen again after the pitch video, because he was there in the beginning before leaving DF to work on his next project.

I'd also love it if they remastered Psychonauts using the Buddha engine

Sign in to follow this