I don't know what makes my eyes roll harder: that writing or the voice reading it.

eh, i think it's meant to be tongue-in-cheek so i give it some leeway. the only part that grated with me was how the line "They say wolves eat their own pups when they die" is just dropped in with no transition

When I hear that guy's voice and try to picture what he must look like in the recording studio, this is the image that comes to mind:

I know I made this thread to talk about horror games, but this little story creeped me the hell out.

A man went to a hotel and walked up to the front desk to check in. The woman at the desk gave him his key and told him that on the way to his room, there was a door with no number that was locked and no one was allowed in there. She explained that it was a storeroom, and that it was out of bounds. She reminded him of this several times before allowing him upstairs. So he followed the instructions of the woman at the front desk, going straight to his room, and going to bed. However the insistence of the woman had piqued his curiosity, so the next night he walked down the hall to the door and tried the handle. Sure enough it was locked. He bent down and looked through the wide keyhole. Cold air passed through it, chilling his eye.

What he saw was a hotel bedroom, like his, and in the corner was a woman whose skin was incredibly pale. She was leaning her head against the wall, facing away from the door. He stared in confusion for a while, was this a celebrity? The owners daughter? He almost knocked on the door, out of curiosity, but decided not to. As he was still looking, the woman turned sharply and he jumped back from the door, hoping she would not suspect he had been spying on her. He crept away from the door and walked back to his room. The next day, he returned to the door and looked through the wide keyhole. This time, all he saw was redness. He couldn’t make anything out besides a distinct red color, unmoving. Perhaps the inhabitants of the room knew he was spying the night before, and had blocked the keyhole with something red. He felt embarrassed that he had made the woman so uncomfortable, and hoped she had not made a complaint with the woman on the front desk.

At this point he decided to consult her for more information. After some gentle quizzing and the promise that the explanation would go no further than him she finally said “Well, I might as well tell you the story of what happened in that room. A long time ago, a man murdered his wife in there, we find that even now, people get uncomfortable staying there. But these people were not ordinary. They were white all over, except for their eyes, which were red.”

Ever notice how the screams of the animatronics in FNAF sound like the cheers of children? I listened to an elongated version of the scream and it sounds exactly like a bunch of children going YAAAAAAY

Alone in the Dark: Illumination seems to get a rather liquid nitrogen cold reception...

What needs to be made is a good Nightmare On Elm Street game.

I made a crossword puzzle about my favorite subject. See if you can beat it WITHOUT using Google!

http://www.armoredpenguin.com/crossword/Data/2015.06/2822/28225525.266.html

Well, I'm not a horror anything fan, but... beat it? I've read through all the clues, and I couldn't give an answer to a single one!

Answer key

http://www.armoredpenguin.com/crossword/bin/crossword.cgi?cmd=answerkeyhtml&filefrag=2015.06/2822/28225525.266.html

@AnemoneInAnonimity

One game I seriously recommend is White Night.

if you do one thing today, watch. this. trailer.

if you do one thing today, watch. this. trailer.

I have that game. It's fun and corny, but it requires patience.

Damn right I did. I also shat myself with excitement.

Anybody who loves adventure games and Lovecraft, go check out an online game series called Arcane

Don't know if it's been mentioned but Scratches is one of my favourite horror games.

Everything can be made scarier with an Oculus Rift

Don't know if it's been mentioned but Scratches is one of my favourite horror games.

The guys who made that game are doing a game called Asylum, and the demo shows that not only did they nail the atmosphere, but deliver an overwhelming sense of dread.

And while I'm talking, everyone who has a Steam account needs to try a game called Dead Realm. http://store.steampowered.com/app/352460/

Ughhhh you had to mention Asylum. The wait has felt like forever. It's the oldest lingering Kickstarter game I backed(That actually looks like it's going to happen). Two and a half years and 52 updates(I can't fault them for lack of communication) later... It's on the horizon.

You've been waiting two years for Asylum? That's nothing. I've been waiting ten years for Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth. But then again, that is only a hobby project of a few indy game (see what I did there) developers

Anyone here ever played Fran Bow or The Crooked Man?

Fran Bow isn't due out until later this month, but I played the alpha demo back when they ran their crowdfunding campaign on IndieGoGo a couple of years ago. The alpha demo was actually available on IndieDB a week ago, but I suppose they took it down to not give people the wrong idea about the state of the game, and since they plan to upload a new demo when the game launches on GOG and Steam in a couple of weeks.

I really liked the demo, but I'm not really a fan of horror games, so it's hard to say if you'll like it or not. I think it's kind of similar to The Cat Lady in terms of atmosphere, but it's a more traditional point-and-click, with an inventory, focus on puzzles and a neat mechanic that lets you switch between a normal and horror version of each room at will.

I actually did a bit of designing for that Halloween game I outlined. When you're playing as Laurie Strode, you eventually have to go to the Myers house to find some item that I won't specify. When you get there, you're immediately stalked by Michael Myers, who you'll see out of the corner of your eyes every now and then and it ams up the fear factor, not letting you know when he's going to strike. It happens suddenly at a random moment and you get stabbed in the ankle, forcing you to limp away. The way to survive is to shut doors, knock stuff over, and hit him with random objects until you're able to find the key to the backyard door. Michael can jump out of nowhere, burst through doors, and tear through weak walls, and there are certain points where if not dazed he can actually speedwalk after you. Getting attacked 3 times results in death, which varies from stabbings to implements to all manner of gruesome death.

If I was ever to actually make this, I'd do it like old school survival horror, where you are able to defend yourself but there is still a great amount of danger.

I forgot to mention when I brought this up was that there was to be another element to the game where you played as Michael is stealth based levels. There was also to be an ability to interact with the environment when you killed people, the most specific part is when Michael escapes from police custody. Anyway, this was a hobby project of mine and a few friends who are looking to become indie game developers, but they decided it would be too costly to do something like this and then all the copyright issues would have got in the way. Still, I had a hell of a time outlining it.

Make sure you play with the volume cranked, the lights down and wearing headphones.

eh not the spookiest thing i've ever seen, though the bit in the middle is pretty clever