Sign in to follow this  
chickenmonger

Frederator Studios making animated adaptation of Costume Quest?

It's being directed by Pat McHale who created the Cartoon Network miniseries Over the Garden Wall. I'm incredibly excited about this!

[del]Will Double Fine get any kind of royalties from this for being the IP owners? Because that would be a sweet pipeline to have.[/del]

Scratch that. Sounds like it's a single 11 minute short.

Blu-ray release, please.

A blu-ray for one 11-minute video...?

Sure! Why not? I suppose it could be bundled in with something else.

Behind the scenes video game footage makes me think of turning on Noclip mode and walking behind the scenery where you see the void and all the negative geometry.

Oh man, this is so cool! I loved Costume Quest and I can't wait to see how this turns out.  Exciting!  Double Fine spreading out to other forms of media! 

Hey all, 

Long time since I've been here, but I've been the coolest uncle in the world lately and I introduced the little ones to the world of Costume Quest (they especially love the comic since it's a bit easier to grasp for them - which I got for free thanks to Spaff! Thanks again), and I was wondering if there have been any updates on the animated version? Could we be lucky and get it released this halloween?

(announcing Costume Quest 3 at the end of the short would be totally fine with me too, incidentally) 

Edit: Wow, I think this is the first time I actually posted on the new forums and I have no idea where that tag under my user name came from. I kind of dig it though!

Edited by AlfredJ

Come on, October! If it was close to done in May it seems like they were/are aiming for Halloween '16.

I've saved reading the comic until this year because I'm done with the games and DLC and Halloween wouldn't feel right without some CQ love, but it'd be so awesome to see the cartoon too.

I don't know how long things lay in waiting before airing, but from some of these Tumblr posts back in June, it looks like they're pretty much done with the thing. A release this month would make the sense, but it's weird that there's been no mention of it at all

http://frederator-studios.frederator.com/post/146126906157/finished-calling-retakes-woooo-from-pat

This will not be out this month, or even this year (afaik), but there should be some interesting news about it fairly soon we think! 

Now it's a series!!! Woo hoo! But we have to wait at least another year. Hi ho.:orel:

So do we know how many episodes? 8-12 probably?