Sign in to follow this  
bdavisshannon

Favorite Change from Early Access to 1.0?

Just got a chance to take a look at 1.0 last night and I'm liking a lot of the little changes. My personal favorite is giving levels to the pawns to subtly let players now when they are behind the level experience curve. Nice simple solution.

What's your favorite change either from Early Access to 1.0 or during the beta period?

I liked that one, too. I also like the addition of controller support. I play some PC games hooked up to my TV, so it's nice to have gamepad options there.

I liked that one, too. I also like the addition of controller support. I play some PC games hooked up to my TV, so it's nice to have gamepad options there.

the kick ass metal riff that plays when you select brutal difficulty :D

Hybrid classes, and skill tree tweaks in general.

It's more about the wait, and the anticipation, and the discovery in trying out new things.

Are the Sagewrights still completely useless in a tactile battle?

I think sagewrights were slightly increased in a 1.0 release, but they are still meant to be weaklings at this point. But who knows what future patches and DLC will do!

Smies

Definitely the hybrid class update was my favourite single set of changes. But I am digging some of the nice new polish in 1.0

Did they change how initial position is set in Keep attacks, or had I just never had a keep in this region before? It's really nice not starting with the party split at opposite ends of the map.

MC_v1_KeepAttack1.png

MC_v1_KeepAttack1.png.bd3bb9adcd21a8866d

I don't know when it has been added, it might have already been that way in one of the 0.9* patches (I gave up when I had to restart the game and waited for 1.0), but I really like the fact that a dying cradle gives birth to 3 seeds.

Seeds are mostly a nuisance, except when they are numerous enough, in which case they can prey on your weaker heroes. Having 3 of them (often more) around you can result in interesting tactical situations.

With this, seeds become a real ennemy, not just a distraction and killing a cradle becomes even more tactical.

At 100 years in, seeds are still weak compared to the armor of a caberjack, but I guess that it might change at the 150 year turn, making this situation really dangerous.

Yeah, the dying Cradles creating 3 seeds was a great change and it can get messy when the Advanced Seeds get Pack Hunter. I've had Advanced Seeds do 7+ damage in one hit.

They also removed the ability of Seeds to form Cradles in the release patch, which feels like a downgrade, but is actually a very nice and practical improvement because it was really weird for Seeds to voluntarily make themselves much less dangerous.

On an unrelated note, after months of cursing at my laptop for poor performance, which ultimately sapped my exitement for the game, I messed around with my 3d-setting yesterday, and suddenly all of my games run smoothly with 2x Anti-Aliasing. So I may actually complete a release build game after all!

They also removed the ability of Seeds to form Cradles in the release patch, which feels like a downgrade, but is actually a very nice and practical improvement because it was really weird for Seeds to voluntarily make themselves much less dangerous.

On an unrelated note, after months of cursing at my laptop for poor performance, which ultimately sapped my exitement for the game, I messed around with my 3d-setting yesterday, and suddenly all of my games run smoothly with 2x Anti-Aliasing. So I may actually complete a release build game after all!

Cool. You had good feedback / recommendations for other players.