Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ranneko

What kind of tips would you like to see.

I have started a massive chalice tips video series.

The idea here is to have quick < 5 minute videos that explain one concept or idea in the game. To help people that have run into trouble. Want to start with the easiest ideas first, then move on to the harder bits.

This is the first one.

Which is about positioning melee attacks.

The next one is going to be on viewing enemy stats

Other videos I am going to do are:

- How hybrid classes work

- What to look for in Marriages/Regents/Sagewrights

- How relics work

I am also playing with the idea of doing videos about handling each of the different cadence types, and maybe weapon types.

Thought it would be good to ask you guys as to things you would really like explained or issues you have seen others run into a lot.

- What item's do

- How building build order affects campaign

- Possible outcomes to random events

Ranneko,

Are you still planning on continuing with this? Love the suggestion above of build order.

As a new player in my first run trough I'm confident I need some help! And doubt I'm alone.

Specifically in my case strategy on how to handle the game in general. And by that I mean what to focus on, like strategies for handling the game with 3 vs 4 houses, what is optimal to research, what traits can I tolerate and which must I absolutely be sure I keep out of the bloodline, how old is too old for putting someone in the chair (and I'm absolutely certain I'm doing a rubbish job of the meta game involving bloodlines and it's going to doom me in the last 100 years).

Various forms of Crowd Control.

How enemies will go to your last known location, so you can bait them.

Friendly fire, and what attacks you can use on your own forces that don't have friendly fire.

Sight vs attack ranges

Spending skill points mid-battle

Various forms of Crowd Control.

How enemies will go to your last known location, so you can bait them.

Friendly fire, and what attacks you can use on your own forces that don't have friendly fire.

Sight vs attack ranges

Spending skill points mid-battle

All good, especially friendly fire. It isn't obvious for some of the caberjack ones.

Smiles

Ranneko,

Are you still planning on continuing with this? Love the suggestion above of build order.

As a new player in my first run trough I'm confident I need some help! And doubt I'm alone.

Specifically in my case strategy on how to handle the game in general. And by that I mean what to focus on, like strategies for handling the game with 3 vs 4 houses, what is optimal to research, what traits can I tolerate and which must I absolutely be sure I keep out of the bloodline, how old is too old for putting someone in the chair (and I'm absolutely certain I'm doing a rubbish job of the meta game involving bloodlines and it's going to doom me in the last 100 years).

I am still going, I was super busy last week and only put out one. Next one comes out later today. Aiming for a Tues/Thurs release for as long as I can keep it up.

I am aiming more for hitting particular concepts first, rather than detailed strategy. So the first tip was on positioning, second was on looking at stats. Next few will bit a bit broader. What I look for when arranging marriages, what I look for in standards, what I look for in sagewrights, etc.

Sounds great! I watched the ones you've made so far, good stuff, you hit the point you want to make about a specific aspect of the game and wrap it up.

For the next series of tip videos I want to do it would be really good if I had more saves for around the middle of the game, I want to go more in depth regarding items and gear, but foolishly didn't keep an archive of saves. If you are interested in sending me a save, please PM me on the boards here. Happy to credit people in the videos themselves.

Sign in to follow this