Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DF Brad

Thanks so much you guys! :D!

Hey everyone! I'm sorry that I've been absent on these forums during this exciting time!

My wife and I had our first baby about 8 weeks ago. That's basically right when everything was happening with the MASSIVE CHALICE release! I was trying to be super present with my family so I was not around here at all.

I just want to say thanks again for making this project possible. I hope that everyone is happy with the work that we did on the game. The team really did an amazing job with the resources we had at our disposal. Chad in particular went above and beyond to bring you the best game possible!

To make up for my absence I will post some baby pics to this thread. Hopefully it makes up for it! :D!

Thank you!!! :D!

Brad!

Congrats, and I look forward to playing the game some more this weekend.

Smiles

yeah mine was born in january :D

its awesome to have a small baby around and i completely understand you takling your time with your family.

the game is great, the team has done a fabulous Job on MC, if you ever plan another thing im on board ;)

Many thanks in return for all the hard work (from everyone) that went into this game, and for the fascinating documentary!

How very MASSIVE CHALICE of you to have to be retired from "active combat" to focus on the next generation :D

I'm having one next January! Thanks and congratulations! You made an awesome game guys!

Thanks for all of the hard work on the game Chad and the rest of the team. I have had a ton of fun playing it, I just wish I had more people to talk to about it =P

I've got to say, on the subject of Father's Day, I'm LOVING Massive Chalice, especially for this reason:

While I'm on baby care duty, I can play a turn, change a diaper, play a turn, fix a bottle, play a turn, all without forgetting to pause, because it's totally turn-based. I love that.

Just finished my first playthrough, never had time to mess around during the development. Great job on the game.

The mechanic that causes heroes age and die was so refreshing. Every battle with the cadence featured a totally different team. Sometimes all hunters, once only 2 Shadowjacks. I definitely thought I was royally screwed after losing 4 of my vanguard in one battle, but by the time the next battle came around I was able to field a whole team of youngsters. As a noted Xcom save-scummer, I really liked how the game system really helps you recover after massive casualties or poor birth years. It makes save scumming this game not that helpful. Well done.

Sign in to follow this