Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Failkid

Any chance for a Brütal Legend modding kit?

Lets face the sad, dark truth.. BL 2 is very unlikely to ever happen at this point. With a necessary budged of 30 million dollars and no backing from large publisher companies, I don't know how BL2, or even any significant DLC's, could ever see the light of day. This saddens me greatly, as Brütal Legend has a cherished, nostalgic place in my metal gaming heart... and even after all those years, I sometimes find myself thinking of all those things that could have been.

Think about it... new armies, and new additions to existing ones. New beautiful and badass places to discover, new beast to slaughter and enslave as mounts, glorious new victories, heart-wrenching defeats, polished gameplay mechanics, maybe even a brutal overkill mode for that extra über difficulty... and it's all so very unlikely to ever happen, as BL was such an economical flop :(

So why not give us the ability to mod the game, now when it's out for PC? I understand the drawbacks of releasing a mod creator kit, especially since DF used such a specific toolset for BL that they might want to keep for themselves. But at the same time, BL's been out for years now, and DF have likely polished their game engine way past the point where it was used to create Brütal.

What say you, DF? Is there even a farts chance in a hurricane of there ever being a mod creator kit?

Unfortunately, I would say chances are slim at this point. The main problem is BL wasn't created with mod support in mind so it's not something that can be quickly added and it would be difficult to find the time for such an undertaking.

Unfortunately, I would say chances are slim at this point. The main problem is BL wasn't created with mod support in mind so it's not something that can be quickly added and it would be difficult to find the time for such an undertaking.

Okay. That's too bad, but thanks to getting back to me.

Sign in to follow this