Sign in to follow this  
murroak

Xbox one backward compatible?

Will this be one of the games they make available and if so will there be a update? Please devs let's bring this gem back to life. This is your money maker!!

Yea I'm just low balling it because in the pass it seemed like all hope was lost for this game. With the right promotion a sequel would be a hit. The marketplace is ripe for a good game.

With the right promotion a sequel would be a hit.

Hah, people say that about (almost) every Double Fine franchise. It's true of course, but Double Fine are really adamant about ONLY making sequels that really deserve to exist and that they feel they have the means (and funding) and a good story to really do right.

It's funny that you should talk about "the right promotion" regarding Iron Brigade specifically, though: as I understand it, there was a huge issue with Microsoft NOT promoting Iron Brigade as much as they were supposed to. I mean, even now how many people outside of us hardcore Double Fine fans even KNOW about this game?

Although it's pretty easy to get people interested when you tell them there's a Mech / Tower Defense hybrid. :)

It's possible they didn't like the game as much because it wasn't a straight up third-person shooter. But instead it had RTS elements, er, I mean tower defense elements. But honestly when does MS ever promote anything that isn't Halo, Gears of War or (maybe) Fable and Forza?

I would imagine DF have at least thought about doing a sequel. They did buy the rights back after all, and while that was probably just to get to port it to the PC, I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't at least a napkin somewhere with some basic figures on how they could make it happen. :)

And really the first game still looks so good that they could just reuse the engine (or make a premium expansion FOR the existing game) ... Just throw in a new story plot, new enemies, a handful of new weapons and maybe a couple turrets or leg types... that'd be enough for me to spend money on.

#Diamond in the rough. Come on Devs I never got as much fun out of 60 dollar games compared to this. Maybe a Definitive edition boom new game on the marketplace. i see the cheapest games doing it now.

Its an MS issue, not DF. For every complaint we can make....blame MS. Supposedly EVERY 360 game...disk and arcade will be backwards compatible at some point or so MS claims.

Its an MS issue, not DF. For every complaint we can make....blame MS. Supposedly EVERY 360 game...disk and arcade will be backwards compatible at some point or so MS claims.

From what I've read about Xbone backwards compatibility, Microsoft says that it's up to the publishers and developers to determine whether they want their games available via this feature; that it was a simple matter of allowing Microsoft to repackage the game for virtualization on the Xbone.

From what I've read about Xbone backwards compatibility, Microsoft says that it's up to the publishers and developers to determine whether they want their games available via this feature; that it was a simple matter of allowing Microsoft to repackage the game for virtualization on the Xbone.

I watched a video where some MS guy was playing something that was backwards compatible and he said that the whole 360 library would be done in the future but only a dozen games were ready now and can be played if you were in on the 'preview' service. I don't doubt what you're saying...its prolly just spin in multiple directions and if the backwards emulator they're working on doesn't work they can blame publishers I'm guessing. I will get an XB 1 when Iron Brigade becomes b-c. Till then I'll letting my xb 1 library keep growing from games with gold.