Sign in to follow this  
Skenners

Taking up the Mantle

Update on adding custom audio to the game. I was just browsing through the Hack N Slash forum and found out that DF encrypts it's fmod fbs soundbank files. Luckily as long as the password hasn't changed the people trying to crack Hack N Slash's secrets found the password used to encrypt the sound files. I'm going to look into encrypting the files with the password and see if that makes the audio play.

I added in the details of a trader. I just have to get my copy working again. Since upgrading to windows 10, its not been working for me, so ill have to play around a bit.

-Skenners

I added in the details of a trader. I just have to get my copy working again. Since upgrading to windows 10, its not been working for me, so ill have to play around a bit.

-Skenners

I've been running windows 10 since starting this project and I haven't ran into any crashing problems that wasn't related to the code. Make sure all your drivers are updated for windows 10.

yeah, they're all up to date but nothing rendering and crashes at start menu. Ill redo it and check again.

-Skenners

Sorry for the long silence on my side, I've had a few hours to finalize the V3

-Edit: This needs some small color adjustments.

-Edit: Attachment got updated, I will try to get it in game now.

-Edit: Picture is not nice aligned with a 3x3 placement and 1x1 margin and too small. Back to Photoshop.

Screen Shot 2015-08-16 at 7.13.44 PM.png

578d009e5ac0d_ScreenShot2015-08-16at7.13

Where can I find the original scripts that contain the Data of Mod's texture lua of the if that makes any sense?

It should contain something like this?

name = "O2Gen3",

spriteColorRect = { x = 0, y = 0, width = 256, height = 256 },

uvRect = { u0 = 0.0, v0 = 0.0, u1 = 0.50, v1 = 1.0 },

spriteSourceSize = { width = 256, height = 256 },

spriteTrimmed = false,

textureRotated = false

Also what would the right zone name be? The current mods name is "zoneName='RESIDENCE' "

This is the Image I am about to clean up now, It's slightly enlarged and relocated.

I will upload some screenshots as soon as I have it in game.

Screen Shot 2015-08-16 at 9.40.20 PM.png

578d009e6f1e5_ScreenShot2015-08-16at9.40

Where can I find the original scripts that contain the Data of Mod's texture lua of the if that makes any sense?

name = "O2Gen3",

spriteTrimmed = false,

textureRotated = false

Also what would the right zone name be? The current mods name is "zoneName='RESIDENCE' "

one is here: EnvObjectData.lua

the one you're looking for is here: \Win\Munged\Environments

zone names are found under scripts\zones\zone.lua

Zone.LIFESUPPORT =

{

name='Life Support',

-Skenners

name = "O2Gen3",

spriteTrimmed = false,

textureRotated = false

I believe the files you are looking for would be stored somewhere in Win/Munged/Evvironments/. I think the object.lua file is what you are looking for. And i think the zone should be LIFESUPPORT.

-- Edit --

It seems Skenners beat me too it.

I got Alignment nailed on the second try :D

I will try to get them together build with a Lv 1 as Life Support, first have to do some other stuff.

Space 2015-08-16 22-40-52-98.jpg

Space 2015-08-16 22-42-59-95.jpg

578d009e75afb_Space2015-08-1622-40-52-98

578d009e7ae0d_Space2015-08-1622-42-59-95

Ok, so first I thought it was crashing because I changed the zone flag to LIFESUPPORT changed it back still crashes. (Edit: Problem solved)

So you can actually build it in game, in the yellow "preview mode" as soon as a builder builds the object the game slowly freezes until it crashes. Could someone figure out for me why it's crashing?

All you guys need from me (I think) is the picture (Attached) and the UV Coordinates placement right?

return {

texture = 'O2Gen3.png',

frames = {

{

name = "O2Gen3",

spriteColorRect = { x = 0, y = 0, width = 320, height = 256 },

uvRect = { u0 = 0.0, v0 = 0.0, u1 = 0.3125, v1 = 1.0 },

spriteSourceSize = { width = 320, height = 256 },

spriteTrimmed = false,

textureRotated = false

},

{

name = "O2Gen3_damaged",

uvRect = { u0 = 0.3333, v0 = 0.0, u1 = 0.6455, v1 = 1.0 },

spriteTrimmed = false,

textureRotated = false

},

{

name = "O2Gen3_destroyed",

uvRect = { u0 = 0.6666, v0 = 0.0, u1 = 0.9785, v1 = 1.0 },

spriteTrimmed = false,

textureRotated = false

},

}

}

I'd love to see a screenshot of the thing build in a LIFESUPPORT zone next to a Gen 1 or 2. I am not sure what I am doing wrong and the log doesn't really help me either. The picture has the same settings as before with the only change that this one is 1024x256 but from what I've seen resolution doesn't really matter that much.

-EDIIIIIIT

I probably have messed up something in the code. It all works now, so code and pictures attached work 100%

A screenshot is now also, attached. Not quite happy with how it looks in game, so I will make some changes to it tomorrow. I will also start working on the damaged colors, I like the status color like except for the yellow. So on the "damaged" one I will color a few radiators red, and some blue to indicate if they are working or not. Of course I will paint some additional damage with that as well.

-Edit

Thanks to your links to the right files, I am able to make it get damaged and stuff. It also generates O2 but it's not considered a O2 generator because I'm not really sure how to add those scripts to the example mod, but I'll leave that up to you guys.

So new "broken O2 Gen 3" attachment.

Thanks!

O2Gen3.png

Space 2015-08-16 23-53-01-77.jpg

Space 2015-08-17 00-18-10-82.jpg

O2Gen3.png.6d60bb0724ebf9a030e967c0c2380

578d009e84512_Space2015-08-1623-53-01-77

578d009e92ece_Space2015-08-1700-18-10-82

one of the other guys might have to get into this one. Im having trouble with all versions i have on my computer still. It looks to be a graphics loading problem and something to do with my drivers and windows 10 not working with Moai. Ill keep at it as long as I can to get it going, failing that, I can boot up my old laptop and work on that one.

other than that, that looks pretty sick, man! good job!

-Skenners

one of the other guys might have to get into this one. Im having trouble with all versions i have on my computer still. It looks to be a graphics loading problem and something to do with my drivers and windows 10 not working with Moai. Ill keep at it as long as I can to get it going, failing that, I can boot up my old laptop and work on that one.

other than that, that looks pretty sick, man! good job!

-Skenners

Oh no, my post got such a mess with all the edits. I fixed everything on my end, all code regarding texture coordinates ingame in the post above is correct. So you will need that together with the texture.

Which I gave a few more upgrades.

All that is needed is to be hooked up with the Gen 3 scripts that, contain the info about how much it costs ect. but you guys already got that right?

O2Gen3.png

O2Gen3.png.715811c6e4ae96839bd59d38cc743

HAH! that looks great

Im going to have to refurbish an old laptop for me to be able to work on the code again. Im still in it, but its going to take some time :(

Meanwhile, everyone else is going great guns!

-Skenners

im back, baby!

took me all night, but i rebuilt a laptop from scraps and got all the drivers going. The code is coming along well with bahn and Cx going good guns on gameplay and restructuring some of the existing stuff. bahn even integrated in the Gen 3 O2 stuff working with ed's code and graphics.

Looks like we're back on track again!

More updates to come

-Skenners

im back, baby!

took me all night, but i rebuilt a laptop from scraps and got all the drivers going. The code is coming along well with bahn and Cx going good guns on gameplay and restructuring some of the existing stuff. bahn even integrated in the Gen 3 O2 stuff working with ed's code and graphics.

Looks like we're back on track again!

More updates to come

-Skenners

Awesome to have you back on the team!!

Working on the Gen 4 here, is this ok for you? I am not taking it too far with this? The interior will get a make over making it more detailed and things. Also I want to add cables from the battery to certain parts and I will make some changes to the top parts as well.

So, like the code you guys do? Is that playable? I'd love to test but I don't want to break anything it that Git thing.

Gen4_001.jpg

Gen4_001.jpg.091919574cab944e9d23c652ab6

Last update for today, or yesterday... depending on your time zone. I spend quite some time getting this right so you guys better like this :P

Gen4_002.jpg

Gen4_002.jpg.9efb11eab65aaa114a1049f65a0

So, like the code you guys do? Is that playable? I'd love to test but I don't want to break anything it that Git thing.

What im gonna do is once i get in touch with everyone and finish some quick tests, ill write out a guide on what to do (its really very simple, but best to do backups) to test the code. Its not in the mods directory because sadly, that doesnt work with what we're doing.

Ill get that guide on making a backup running and make a global dropbox or something where you can download the code we have and play the game by overwriting the existing files.

The second pic you gave for gen 4 is really awesome, man. The detail is a lot better.

-Skenners

What im gonna do is once i get in touch with everyone and finish some quick tests, ill write out a guide on what to do (its really very simple, but best to do backups) to test the code. Its not in the mods directory because sadly, that doesnt work with what we're doing.

Ill get that guide on making a backup running and make a global dropbox or something where you can download the code we have and play the game by overwriting the existing files.

The second pic you gave for gen 4 is really awesome, man. The detail is a lot better.

-Skenners

I'll do a bit more wires (but probably not today) and I'll have to write some new co-ordinates for the 4th generation. I'd love to get that copy to play. I won't touch the code but I'll get you the co-ordinates files and leave it up to you guys to implement in the game itself.

-Edit

I think I will settle with this for the Final design of the 4th Generation.

I will do some work in finalizing the damaged stages for both the 3rd and 4th Generation and work towards the final images.

The texture coordination system of the 4th Gen might actually be tricky as it is so much bigger, but we'll see.

Gen4_003.jpg

Gen4_003.jpg.6df3da6f3bbe5f1cd65fcd0b342

So if you don't want any changes I think these are the final textures for the O2 Generators.

I still need to check the co-ordinates file for the 4th Generation but texture placement is the same so it might just work with the same co-ordinates.

O2Gen3.png

O2Gen4.png

O2Gen3.png.841d42d8c32cfbbe52cfee8b7ee6a

O2Gen4.png.28fc17a335e8a3552e5d58ae2efe6

So if you don't want any changes I think these are the final textures for the O2 Generators.

I still need to check the co-ordinates file for the 4th Generation but texture placement is the same so it might just work with the same co-ordinates.

they look great, ed!

Bahn got the code of the O2gen3 working and shot it to me to collate as well and im just doing cleanup stuff in the scripts for a short release of what we have. Ill put those suckers in tomorrow when im back at it!

-Skenners

This is very impressive. Keep up the good work :).

they look great, ed!

Bahn got the code of the O2gen3 working and shot it to me to collate as well and im just doing cleanup stuff in the scripts for a short release of what we have. Ill put those suckers in tomorrow when im back at it!

-Skenners

Nice, I can't wait to see what we've put together. I haven't tested the texture placement for Generation 4 yet, and I won't be able to for another week as I am moving this week. It could have a weird horizontal offset, that's what the Generation 3 had in the beginning it could also just be completely fine. I am expecting some differences because of the 4x4 and the 5x5 sizes.

If it doesn't work let me know, send a screenshot and I might be able to make some adjustments, this is just for the 4th Generation after all.

Nice, I can't wait to see what we've put together. I haven't tested the texture placement for Generation 4 yet, and I won't be able to for another week as I am moving this week. It could have a weird horizontal offset, that's what the Generation 3 had in the beginning it could also just be completely fine. I am expecting some differences because of the 4x4 and the 5x5 sizes.

If it doesn't work let me know, send a screenshot and I might be able to make some adjustments, this is just for the 4th Generation after all.

Going to implement it and do some tests on it right now :D

Welcome lurkers!

-Skenners

OKIEDOKE!

O2 Gen 3 is in and its looking great.

O2 Gen 4 might need to shift one grid point north-east but other than that, it looks good and is generating O2.

Ive got to run a test on it to let it run down, so i might test out bahns multiple squad stuff now.

-Skenners.

spacebase.png

spacebase.png

spacebase.png.25a5e06cfa9bb6adc00e822a59

spacebase.png.52ae2ca4a16255638eab5a5f12

I just wanted to pop back into the thread, and let you all know I'm following along with excitement! :D

OKIEDOKE!

O2 Gen 3 is in and its looking great.

O2 Gen 4 might need to shift one grid point north-east but other than that, it looks good and is generating O2.

Ive got to run a test on it to let it run down, so i might test out bahns multiple squad stuff now.

-Skenners.

I was hoping it wouldn't be that much but I have to change the texture to fix that.

The generators are to close together now. I will lay them out on a bigger texture when I have the time.

After that I will test them with new coordinates.

But this might take a while, creating the new texture is not a problem but aligning them and counting the textures for the coordinates system is a pain.