Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Skenners

Taking up the Mantle

Good work guys, congratulations on your release.

iIt's great to see work on mods being made on this game! :)

Call me mad, but i feel like maybe you should name your mod, and use your own version numbers?

I know this project is based on patching the main game, but if we did ever issue a new update, it would start breaking your version numbers and being confusing to people.

I'm not sure that's very likely to happen, but it still seems like a sensible precaution? I think it also would elevate your mod to being something more distinct and rad.

just a thought!

Good work guys, congratulations on your release.

iIt's great to see work on mods being made on this game! :)

Call me mad, but i feel like maybe you should name your mod, and use your own version numbers?

I know this project is based on patching the main game, but if we did ever issue a new update, it would start breaking your version numbers and being confusing to people.

I'm not sure that's very likely to happen, but it still seems like a sensible precaution? I think it also would elevate your mod to being something more distinct and rad.

just a thought!

Hey spaff! thanks!

what originally started out as mods have actually turned into a full patch, being that its directly changing the lua files and not through the mod directory. As for our own version numbers, great idea, but i think we're gonna stick with the current version style. Even if DF did get something happening, we'd be a few versions ahead, and we can always rework the latest patch to integrate in the new features that they create. THEN we'll look at new numbering! :)

The Derelict Games team have been working their arses off to bring it to everyone and its happening, so its all great! :)

-Skenners

OVER 9000 VIEWS!

in news, we'll have a bug point patch released just after the weekend. everyone get funky!

just some bug fixes and whatnot.

The feedback has been super positive of the new stuff we've done. Still plenty more to do, including restructuring the back end to make things easily more modded to create new creatures, diseases and other fun items!

-Skenners

im LOVING the glass walls and floor tiles. Observation rooms and garden rooms are going to kick butt.

-Skenners

Sign in to follow this