Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gbutera

I need help to get a vault

I finally bought Psychonauts during the Steam Summer sale, (and can I just say, WOW! This is a great game! Wish I'd heard about it years ago!) and for some reason I didn't punch a vault in the Brain Tumbler experiment the first time around...I'm nearer the end of the game than the beginning now, and was going through and mopping up old vaults, bags and cobwebs I didn't hit the first time around. But I cannot get the 2nd vault in the brain tumbler experiment. I know the location of both vaults (I think I got the one at the beginning of the experiment, but accidentally fell down the shaft to the tank battle before I got the second vault) I figured I'd get it later...but now when I get up to the top of the vine tower where the first time around you see Dogen's brain being pulled out, I see a window that won't let me into the tower. How do I get the second vault? Anyone?

I believe there is a vault somewhere at the base of the vine/thorn tower as opposed to at the top. Have you searched completely around the base of the tower?

Look in the caravan section. I think that's the one that ends up being the most confusing if you miss it. This isn't really in the level itself, but if you miss figments or the vault from this area, it shows as being missing in the main section of the level, even though they aren't really connected. I missed a figment once, and hunted for it for hours before I figured this out.

Wow, thanks for that! It was the vault in the caravan section I'd missed. I was sure I got everything there. I would never have thought to go back to it, so huge thanks for that.

On most of the levels I've completed so far, I've gotten all baggage, vaults, cobwebs and figments. I've gotten all of the other stuff on most except maybe 2 to 5 or so figments on Milla's Dance Party, Basic Braining and Sasha's Shooting Gallery. They are either too hard for me to leap to, or I've replayed the level so many times and still can't find them I've given up. Does it matter? I'm guessing it affects something like getting the Steam Level 101 badge, but hopefully I don't have to get them all to finish the game.

Wow, thanks for that! It was the vault in the caravan section I'd missed. I was sure I got everything there. I would never have thought to go back to it, so huge thanks for that.

On most of the levels I've completed so far, I've gotten all baggage, vaults, cobwebs and figments. I've gotten all of the other stuff on most except maybe 2 to 5 or so figments on Milla's Dance Party, Basic Braining and Sasha's Shooting Gallery. They are either too hard for me to leap to, or I've replayed the level so many times and still can't find them I've given up. Does it matter? I'm guessing it affects something like getting the Steam Level 101 badge, but hopefully I don't have to get them all to finish the game.

Glad I could help!

Yeah, you definitely don't need to get everything to finish the game, but if you want level 101, you will need them. Also, if you are shooting for 101, the only way you can get that is to do the punching mini-game in Basic Braining over and over until it levels you up.

Sign in to follow this