Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrWhitekeys

Loom?

In the last epidsode at 11:19 there is a screenshot from loom on the monitor. Anyone know why? is there going to be a new one (oh please oh please)

I noticed this too. Brian Moriarty (the creator of the original) was talking about wanting to do a sequel some months ago, and he wanted to do it with one of three studios: Telltale, Wadjet Eye or Double Fine. Keep in mind that he was just thinking out loud - he doesn't own the license himself (Disney owns it, as with all classic Lucas franchises). I don't think Telltale said anything about it, but I think they moved beyond classic adventure licenses onto more modern franchises. Wadjet Eye was interested but mentioned that they'd never have the funds to negotiate with Disney over the rights, and Double Fine (including Tim) responded positively as well. And, of course, through Sony they managed to get the rights to remake Grim and DoTT, which means that it's definitely a possibility if Sony is willing to put the money in it.

So it's definitely possible. Justin was talking about wanting to do more classic Lucas era games after Grim and DoTT during this episode (while Loom was visible on the screen behind him). I think it's safe to assume he was thinking about Full Throttle, as that's the only game that Tim worked on that hasn't gotten a remake yet, but given Moriarty's comments and DF's response, my magic 8-ball says:

ngbbs46117ffce2349.gif

It's possible that Justin just really likes adventures games and was SLACKING OFF AT WORK.

Sign in to follow this