Levering_2pp

Backer Blu-ray Production Status

Hit up that Steam Key the moment you said it was there.

Thanks Paul.  

Full steam ahead to those sexy boxes.

13 hours ago, Levering_2pp said:

Episode 20 with the fixed commentary track should be up on VHX now.  I've also condensed all the bonus and deleted scenes into fewer zips, 2 packs for Bonus vids and 5 for Deleted scenes.  It's still all the same content, just trying to get around that VHX file quantity bug.  If anyone has a chance to check it out let me know how it looks.

We've also pushed DLC Steam keys to everyone's Humble Bundle accounts.

Awesome work man! Well done!

Any word on uploading missing the Sidequests? Having ZIPs available?

18 hours ago, Levering_2pp said:

Episode 20 with the fixed commentary track should be up on VHX now.  I've also condensed all the bonus and deleted scenes into fewer zips, 2 packs for Bonus vids and 5 for Deleted scenes.  It's still all the same content, just trying to get around that VHX file quantity bug.  If anyone has a chance to check it out let me know how it looks.

We've also pushed DLC Steam keys to everyone's Humble Bundle accounts.

While the new Episode 20 appears to be on Humble, it's just the mp4; it's not a ZIP with the subtitles like the messed-up copy it replaced. :<

Edit: Also, the files I previously reported as broken are still broken for me.

Edited by nmalinoski

24 minutes ago, nmalinoski said:

While the new Episode 20 appears to be on Humble, it's just the mp4; it's not a ZIP with the subtitles like the messed-up copy it replaced. :<

Edit: Also, the files I previously reported as broken are still broken for me.

Seem broken for me too.  I'm pinging them about this again and suggesting we use the same method as the VHX hosting to reduce the amount of clutter.

5 hours ago, SubElement said:

Awesome work man! Well done!

Any word on uploading missing the Sidequests? Having ZIPs available?

After I finish sorting all the issues I'll focus on the Sidequests.  There are still outstanding problems with Humble and GoG.

VHX seems ok now right?  I'll wait till tomorrow to do the update.  I've been in touch with Humble and GoG and both are working to get things fixed up on their ends.  Far as I know Steam is fine, everyone should have keys now.

On Humble, I see doublefineadventure_deleted_ep15.zip was updated today, and I'm able to successfully download it. (No luck with the others so far.) What was changed? Was it simply reuploaded?

May I ask why did you cut Ron's reaction to Tim's pitch from episode 2? (Deleted // Ep02-03: Ron Responds to the Pitch in VHX files).
I don't think he's totally right, because the spaceship "world" is great and cohesive, but Vella's section (in Part 1) felt indeed a bit disconnected and a bit all over the place. I still enjoyed the game, as I said. I think Ron's is a very interesting remark, though.
But then again, backers would have freaked out. :-D

Edited by Diduz76

Ron's reaction was amazing (as was the look on Greg's face) and I think he's absolutely right that the star of an adventure game is really the world. I think Tim got there in the end, though. I do love Broken Age's world... even if it wasn't as cohesive and defined as it could have been.

12 hours ago, Levering_2pp said:

VHX seems ok now right?

I hope you don't mind me pointing out that episode 14 has the episode 13 title attached to it, instead it should be "I think this is a winner".

I understand Ron's comment about the initial pitch, but like he speculated, Tim got there in the end. I guess Ron didn't reckon with how much of the world-building in Broken Age depended on ideas that would come out of the art jam, and he also seemed to have the impression from the pitch (you can watch that deleted scene as well) that the monster=spaceship reveal would come out at the end of the story rather than the middle. But Broken Age's world is definitely one to enjoy spending time in.

Edited by EMarley

14 hours ago, nmalinoski said:

On Humble, I see doublefineadventure_deleted_ep15.zip was updated today, and I'm able to successfully download it. (No luck with the others so far.) What was changed? Was it simply reuploaded?

I'm not sure what the problem was but all those files are supposed to be fixed or getting fixed right now.  They are also working on getting up the big torrent files.

6 hours ago, EMarley said:

I hope you don't mind me pointing out that episode 14 has the episode 13 title attached to it, instead it should be "I think this is a winner".

Thanks!  That was easy to fix and thus the best kind of mistake :)

8 hours ago, Diduz76 said:

May I ask why did you cut Ron's reaction to Tim's pitch from episode 2? (Deleted // Ep02-03: Ron Responds to the Pitch in VHX files).
I don't think he's totally right, because the spaceship "world" is great and cohesive, but Vella's section (in Part 1) felt indeed a bit disconnected and a bit all over the place. I still enjoyed the game, as I said. I think Ron's is a very interesting remark, though.
But then again, backers would have freaked out. :-D

Paul Owens would know best but I think you answered your own question.

This is an aside, and I'm sure I should just ask Fangamer... but it has now been six days since the update that packages were arriving.

I thought by now I'd have at least a tracking number.  Not a complaint, just more wondering about the process and if possibly someone knows or if I should just shut up and be patient.  (I've had issues with packages in the past hence my worry).

1 minute ago, Reid_Harris_Cooper said:

This is an aside, and I'm sure I should just ask Fangamer... but it has now been six days since the update that packages were arriving.

I thought by now I'd have at least a tracking number.  Not a complaint, just more wondering about the process and if possibly someone knows or if I should just shut up and be patient.  (I've had issues with packages in the past hence my worry).

Last I talked to them (yesterday) they said things were going ok.  Keep in mind they have to process over 10k big boxes and they wanted to get through them before the holiday shopping season kicked in.  I haven't heard of anyone getting a big box yet, but when I do I'll notify the thread.

4 minutes ago, Levering_2pp said:

Last I talked to them (yesterday) they said things were going ok.  Keep in mind they have to process over 10k big boxes and they wanted to get through them before the holiday shopping season kicked in.  I haven't heard of anyone getting a big box yet, but when I do I'll notify the thread.

I am assuming that means that not even the backers from the DFA staff who are still at Double Fine don't have the package yet either.  Knowing that calms nerves.  I mean especially if some of the stars of the game like Elijah and Wil who if I recall are also backers don't have copies yet (although who knows what they backed at).

If you start looking at that backer list it's pretty intriguing list of who's who in gaming, comics, music, etc.   (lots of Kickstarter employees as well).

8 minutes ago, Reid_Harris_Cooper said:

I am assuming that means that not even the backers from the DFA staff who are still at Double Fine don't have the package yet either.  Knowing that calms nerves.  I mean especially if some of the stars of the game like Elijah and Wil who if I recall are also backers don't have copies yet (although who knows what they backed at).

If you start looking at that backer list it's pretty intriguing list of who's who in gaming, comics, music, etc.   (lots of Kickstarter employees as well).

None of the office backers have received one yet, myself included.  We're probably a day or two shipping time from Fangamer as well.

VHX should be fixed now, and I just got word everything on GoG is in order.  Humble is still swapping files out, and Steam remains in good shape.

Is Fangamer going to wait until after they've sent out all the big box blu-rays to send out the regular blu-rays that just went on sale?

If so I'd totally understand, backers should get their rewards first, was just wondering.

(man I really wish I would have had enough cash to back at a higher level during the Kickstarer, those backer boxes look so cool!)

32 minutes ago, EricMahler said:

Is Fangamer going to wait until after they've sent out all the big box blu-rays to send out the regular blu-rays that just went on sale?

If so I'd totally understand, backers should get their rewards first, was just wondering.

(man I really wish I would have had enough cash to back at a higher level during the Kickstarer, those backer boxes look so cool!)

Big Boxes are being prioritized but it shouldn't create much delay for regular orders.

I just wanted to publicly state on the forum that I love Paul.  I tweeted it but reiterating it here.  Paul is the best.  

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 0:40 PM, Levering_2pp said:

Only thing not on the blu-rays is sidequests.

So if I want to get the complete collection and I've already got the Blu-Ray coming the only stuff I'll need to download from VHX are the sidequests?  Deleted scenes, bonus content, etc... you packed that all in on the discs?  O.o:o:)  Most impressive.

3 hours ago, YarnBaller said:

So if I want to get the complete collection and I've already got the Blu-Ray coming the only stuff I'll need to download from VHX are the sidequests?  Deleted scenes, bonus content, etc... you packed that all in on the discs?  O.o:o:)  Most impressive.

Sidequests on VHX are the only thing that are different.  Everything else is on the blu-ray.  It's three dual layer discs, so roughly 150gb.

Can you leave the vimeo (old) versions online just for the record of the originals? Even just little changes are nice to look back on.

1 hour ago, Bidiot Bales said:

Can you leave the vimeo (old) versions online just for the record of the originals? Even just little changes are nice to look back on.

We'll leave the vimeo versions up.  Youtube versions are the old ones too.

4 hours ago, Bidiot Bales said:

If there was a way to create organization folders on VHX I would just leave it all up there, and add versions with the commentary tracks burned in for streaming.  The way things appear in your library now though, it's bad enough with 100 videos, imagine adding another 60.

This has probably already been asked but when the big boxes start shipping will there be some notification, also will we be getting tracking codes? 

On 25/11/2016 at 8:35 AM, Levering_2pp said:

Sidequests on VHX are the only thing that are different.  Everything else is on the blu-ray.  It's three dual layer discs, so roughly 150gb.

It felt like the answer to this question was "yes" while you were still working on it, but just to be explicit - is all that content on the DVD versions too? Sorry for the dumb question.