Levering_2pp

Backer Blu-ray Production Status

3 hours ago, Uemantra said:

If it makes you feel better DHL has had mine on a truck for 7 days now according to their tracking. 

It is a known thing that DHL is the worst shipping company around, they don't really give any shits about delivering things in a timely manner or treating their customers with any sort of respect. 

So I figure eventually I may get my box. I hope.

I finally got a confirmation from DHL that the package has been tendered to USPS, after 7 days of being on the road.  So still probably a few days before I get it via them.

I agree their shipping is incredibly slow domestically, but I guess Fangamer use them since they are easy to use for global shipping, otherwise I wish they would use someone else.  Having no estimated or hard delivery date is really nuts in this day and age.  Maybe I'm just spoiled! :)

Seems like more and more are arriving every day, best I can tell people still waiting is to sit tight.  If you think you have a serious concern you can check in with orders@fangamer.com.  Some people have found their boxes being held at the post office or in their building lobby too, could always check there.

On 12/7/2016 at 11:12 AM, Reid_Harris_Cooper said:

I made an unboxing video for anyone who may be interested in those kind of things and seeing excitement.  I try to thank everyone I can but obviously miss thanking certain people cause it was going long.  Like Khris, Jane, Patrick, Brandon, Ben, etc., etc., etc.

https://youtu.be/KX99H5gg6Ao

I *very nearly* clicked on the link, but decided I'd rather have the pleasure of feasting my eyes on it without any major spoilers! :)

10 hours ago, wedgeski said:

I'm from the UK and ordered the Blu-Ray on day of release. I received it yesterday, and I can only thank Fangamer for their timing, as I was off sick! So, I was able to enjoy all the new content while sneezing my way through a roll of tissue paper.

It's a brilliant package that reiterates all the love and care demonstrated in the documentary. Very well done to all involved, it is now a treasured part of my collection.

6 hours ago, sl0ttedpig said:

I finally got a confirmation from DHL that the package has been tendered to USPS, after 7 days of being on the road.  So still probably a few days before I get it via them.

I agree their shipping is incredibly slow domestically, but I guess Fangamer use them since they are easy to use for global shipping, otherwise I wish they would use someone else.  Having no estimated or hard delivery date is really nuts in this day and age.  Maybe I'm just spoiled! :)

I just hit day 8 of my package being "en route" for DHL. They just keep adding a day to the status every day and no new updates. So hopefully it finds its way to USPS soon. It concerns me that people that have ordered this recently have gotten it already when I ordered mine way back with the kickstarter :(

On 7 december 2016 at 9:34 AM, CecilRousso said:

Should I in Sweden have gotten some kind of notification about this yet? Or should I just sit tight for a while? 

I received mine on wednesday afternoon. The Swedish customs are extra tough at the moment and you probably know that Postnord sucks, so you should sit tight.

I received my DFA, but am actually now waiting for the two Amnesia Fortnights that when I saw they were on sale would make perfect additional bookends to have as physical bookends.  

This is just to show that DHL seem to have fairly bad service (they also have a fairly bad customer service from experience).  While they probably are perfect for the International, FanGamer needs to figure out a new National Service.  

Delivery on the DHL page says "Estimated Delivery December 9th"... as on December 9th it's still on the truck.  It takes at least 2-3 days once Tendered to USPS to actually arrive on my doorstep because DHL brings it to a STATE over who then sends it to my local post office who then needs to resort to put out to Delivery with either the truck or if they finish that sort too late in the hands of the route mail person who in my area has an obscenely long route and doesn't deliver mail till earliest 2:30 PM.   If DHL would just skip that USPS thing it'd be genius.  It's on a Truck, it's paid for, you have the address... why not just deliver? 

I've managed to restore all the sidequests with the exception of the first two with Tim.  Still need to do some checking and get them prepped for Youtube, but should be able to release next week.  They'll be added to VHX, Steam, Humble, and GoG deluxe packages as well.  Worst case scenario we'll have to release those Tim episodes in 720p. 

Got mine today (sweden)! Looks awesome :)

Edited by linc

Mine came in today. Happy camper here. :) (edited to hide in case people don't want to see...just the shrink wrapped box, though. Not opened)

15492102_10154676695036605_1172998196727240070_n.jpg

Edited by MusicallyInspired

5 minutes ago, MusicallyInspired said:

Mine came in today. Happy camper here. :)

15492102_10154676695036605_1172998196727240070_n.jpg

That box opener looks excessive 

Heh, you don't know...

Edit: Oh I thought you said "expensive." lol Yeah it would be excessive. Don't want to hurt this baby! Just happened to be in the shot.

Got a notice today now about a package I have received, that's ready to pickup. Fingers crossed. :)

I got my box today, and it is a beauty! :D It now has pride of place! I have a bit of a Double Fine shrine going right now!

Thank you so much to everyone at DF and 2PP for pulling this remarkable Blu-Ray together.  For those still waiting, mine took 9 days to arrive from Arizona to the Midwest.  I'm sure with the holidays coming, things are much slower than normal as well.  But it was well worth the wait.:D

IMG_20161209_210452.jpg

One thing I will say is that I expected (mistakenly, I suppose) the cool game DVD case with slip cover to be inside the box with the documentary being in a separate package also inside the box. Not a big deal, though. Can you buy these game DVD cases with the slip cover separately or was that backer only?

2 hours ago, MusicallyInspired said:

One thing I will say is that I expected (mistakenly, I suppose) the cool game DVD case with slip cover to be inside the box with the documentary being in a separate package also inside the box. Not a big deal, though. Can you buy these game DVD cases with the slip cover separately or was that backer only?

The Slipcover was actually the mainstream edition.  It was a Nordic edition though for UK and Europe only.  

Dangit. What is wrong with North America? Why does Europe always get the cool stuff?

Mine arrived in the UK yesterday! Just wanted to commend you guys for an amazing product. From the doc itself to the lovely packaging and even the menus, you can see every drop of passion that was poured into this project. Well done.

16 hours ago, MusicallyInspired said:

Dangit. What is wrong with North America? Why does Europe always get the cool stuff?

If it helps, we never (afaik) got the horizontal Full Throttle box - I've been confused by any mentions of it and that photo is the first time I've seen it!

18 hours ago, Reid_Harris_Cooper said:

@sl0ttedpig Man that is awesome stuff. 

Thanks!  I'm slowly building my collection.  I had to buy a new cabinet recently, to accommodate new stuff.  At the end of the day, it's worthless to most people, but it gives me great pleasure looking at it.

Just watching the documentary again and going through them. On Episode 3 and saw this......huh say what now? (watching on Steam cuz it's late and I can't use the TV for the Bluray)

huh.jpg

44 minutes ago, MusicallyInspired said:

Just watching the documentary again and going through them. On Episode 3 and saw this......huh say what now? (watching on Steam cuz it's late and I can't use the TV for the Bluray)

huh.jpg

Goddammit. 

Does everyone have their big boxes now? Are we free to talk about our reactions? Anyone else notice that the right (and top) spines have the logo printed upside down?

25 minutes ago, ThunderPeel said:

Does everyone have their big boxes now? Are we free to talk about our reactions?

Nope, still haven't received it. Feel free to talk about it though. Currently rewatching the doc on Steam with commentary. I rarely listen to commentary tracks, but I've got to say that in this case it's actually really fun.

2 hours ago, ThunderPeel said:

Anyone else notice that the right (and top) spines have the logo printed upside down?

What logo, the game title? Is there even a proper orientation for sideways text? On the left I'd understand, but the top?

The top is debatable, as it's not used that often. Probably there are some boxes that do it that way (but not the LucasArts boxes I've seen). Otherwise, yes, there's a standard orientation for all spines. Every LucasArts box I own follows the same convention, as does every non-LucasArts box, for that matter. Plus, as someone who used to design DVD boxes for a living, I can tell you it's not limited to games, either. 

The only exception I know is continental European books and DVDs. They print the left spine the other way around, weirdly.

Does Fangamer send you a tracking number when they ship your stuff? I haven't heard anything from them since the final address check a month ago :(

For other stuff I've received via FanGamer, they would email me a tracking number upon shipment; however, with the Broken Age big box, they didn't send any kind of notification. I had to email their order support to ask for a tracking number.