• Announcements

    • Spaff

      New Forum software & theme display issues   07/20/2017

      The latest forum update has caused some readability issues with our themes!  This was unexpected, so might take a little bit of time to fix, sorry about that. I think we've fixed the main ones though. We could have a bunch of new features too, I just need to look at those and see what we have enabled etc. More on that soon! If you spot any issues or things we need to tweak, please post them here:   a
Levering_2pp

Backer Blu-ray Production Status

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, nmalinoski said:

Paul, I'm having difficulty with the zip files from Humble that are >4GB in size on Windows, specifically the bonus-complete, deleted-complete, and the 42GB monster containing everything except the sidequests (Which I ended up downloading twice, hitting this behavior; and which doesn't have a torrent file, by the way).

7-Zip, after pegging a core for a few minutes, tells me these files cannot be opened as archives. WinRAR will actually bother to open them, and appears to be able to read and extract the files correctly, but it does throw two warnings saying the archive is corrupt.

I can't find much about this behavior (I find plenty about files within the archive being >4GB; not so much the archive itself); but what I did find suggests that the archive program on OS X is bugged, and doesn't create Zip64 files properly. I have elsewhere found a smattering of recommendations to use 7Zip to create Zip files larger than 4GB.

Looking into this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, nmalinoski said:

Paul, I'm having difficulty with the zip files from Humble that are >4GB in size on Windows, specifically the bonus-complete, deleted-complete, and the 42GB monster containing everything except the sidequests (Which I ended up downloading twice, hitting this behavior; and which doesn't have a torrent file, by the way).

7-Zip, after pegging a core for a few minutes, tells me these files cannot be opened as archives. WinRAR will actually bother to open them, and appears to be able to read and extract the files correctly, but it does throw two warnings saying the archive is corrupt.

I can't find much about this behavior (I find plenty about files within the archive being >4GB; not so much the archive itself); but what I did find suggests that the archive program on OS X is bugged, and doesn't create Zip64 files properly. I have elsewhere found a smattering of recommendations to use 7Zip to create Zip files larger than 4GB.

Just to be clear on a couple of things, what version of Windows are you using and what format is your drive?  We knew that the zips over 4gb wouldn't work for anyone using FAT32, which is why everything was restructured so no individual zip was over 4gb.  Do none of the zip files work for you, or is it just specially the really large ones collecting all the content?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Levering_2pp said:

Just to be clear on a couple of things, what version of Windows are you using and what format is your drive?  We knew that the zips over 4gb wouldn't work for anyone using FAT32, which is why everything was restructured so no individual zip was over 4gb.  Do none of the zip files work for you, or is it just specially the really large ones collecting all the content?

All of the ZIP files work for me except for the ones sized >4GB, which exhibit the behavior I described earlier.

It's happened to me on two separate boxes; one with Windows 7 x64, the other with Windows Server 2008 R2. In both instances, the volumes are NTFS; so I don't believe the archives or files contained therein being that large is the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nmalinoski said:

All of the ZIP files work for me except for the ones sized >4GB, which exhibit the behavior I described earlier.

It's happened to me on two separate boxes; one with Windows 7 x64, the other with Windows Server 2008 R2. In both instances, the volumes are NTFS; so I don't believe the archives or files contained therein being that large is the problem.

I didn't zip those large files on my end, it was handled by humble.  Replacing them shouldn't be too hard.  I'll see if we can find the process they used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, coperoco said:

Still no boxed copy here :/ anyone still waiting?

That sounds like a problem.  Have you tried contacting Fangamer about the order?

orders@fangamer.com

Put "DFA Big Box Missing" in the title, should get their attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting to download the updated DFA! files from Humble, and I noticed that there are a couple of downloads that don't have corresponding .torrent files:

  • A Double Fine Adventure Deleted Scenes Full
  • A Double Fine Adventure Full, Part 1

There is also inconsistent use of underscores (converted spaces?) among the bonus content, which, admittedly is a bit nitpicky, but it plays into the lack of differentiation in filenames between bonus/deleted packs and individual downloads:

  • Bonus Video Packs are named:
    • doublefineadventure_bonus__ep(01|02).zip (two underscores)
  • Individual Bonus Videos are named:
    • doublefineadventure_bonus__ep(03-04,07,09,11-20).zip (two underscores)
  • Deleted Video Packs are named:
    • doublefineadventure_deleted_ep01.zip (one underscore)
    • doublefineadventure_deleted__ep(02-05).zip (two underscores)
  • Individual Deleted Videos are named:
    • doublefineadventure_deleted__ep(06,10,15,18,19).zip (two underscores)
    • doublefineadventure_deleted_ep(08,09,11,12,14,16,17,20).zip (one underscore)

And I know Sidequest 16 just came out, but it's currently not up on Humble. :3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nmalinoski said:

I'm starting to download the updated DFA! files from Humble, and I noticed that there are a couple of downloads that don't have corresponding .torrent files:

  • A Double Fine Adventure Deleted Scenes Full
  • A Double Fine Adventure Full, Part 1

There is also inconsistent use of underscores (converted spaces?) among the bonus content, which, admittedly is a bit nitpicky, but it plays into the lack of differentiation in filenames between bonus/deleted packs and individual downloads:

  • Bonus Video Packs are named:
    • doublefineadventure_bonus__ep(01|02).zip (two underscores)
  • Individual Bonus Videos are named:
    • doublefineadventure_bonus__ep(03-04,07,09,11-20).zip (two underscores)
  • Deleted Video Packs are named:
    • doublefineadventure_deleted_ep01.zip (one underscore)
    • doublefineadventure_deleted__ep(02-05).zip (two underscores)
  • Individual Deleted Videos are named:
    • doublefineadventure_deleted__ep(06,10,15,18,19).zip (two underscores)
    • doublefineadventure_deleted_ep(08,09,11,12,14,16,17,20).zip (one underscore)

And I know Sidequest 16 just came out, but it's currently not up on Humble. :3

I just added 16, it might be up there now.  I know the download situation with them isn't the best.  It would seem fixing this is a lot of work on their end and we're not a very high priority project.  Will keep bugging them about it, should be more pressing with our recent inclusion with the Freedom Bundle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got an email from Fangamer yesterday telling me they had got the package with the boxed copy in return because it was "Unclaimed". :( I have no idea yet how that could have happened since I got no notifications about the package and the address Fangamer has on me is 100% correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, flesk said:

I got an email from Fangamer yesterday telling me they had got the package with the boxed copy in return because it was "Unclaimed". :( I have no idea yet how that could have happened since I got no notifications about the package and the address Fangamer has on me is 100% correct.

At least it wasn't lost!  Good luck on the second try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following up with DFA on Humble, I finally bothered to download everything. I'm no longer having problems with archives >4GiB (yay!), but there are a few outstanding, nitpicky issues:

  • Inconsistent use of underscores in filenames. Some are "filename_ep##.zip" and some are "filename__ep##.zip".
  • Inconsistent labeling of Bonus videos:
    • Majority are named "Double Fine Adventure Bonus Ep.##".
    • Zips for episodes 1 and 2 are named "Double Fine Adventure Bonus Vids Pack ##"; reads like a compilation rather than episode-specific.
  • Inconsistent labeling of Deleted videos:
    • Majority are named "Double Fine Adventure Deleted Ep.##".
    • Zips for episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 are named "Double Fine Adventure Deleted Vids Pack ##"; reads like a compilation rather than episode-specific.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems the individual bonus video zips for episodes 1 and 2 have gone missing from Humble; I don't see either BitTorrent files or direct downloads for either anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now