Double Fine Action Forums
Levering_2pp

Backer Blu-ray Production Status

Got my package from FanGamer yesterday!  So took nearly 3 weeks to get to the land of OZ.  That's about average, I think.

Kudos to 2PP for for such a great documentary, and for probably the best looking bluray menu system I've seen.  Packaging is also something special.  This is going straight to the pool room (watch The Castle if you don't understand that reference).

Works great in my player, and also the PS4.  Noticed that the text in Tim's notebook, right at the start of Episode 2, was all blurred out.  Wasn't that supposed to be removed?

Well, guess I know what I'm watching over Christmas.

1 minute ago, DaK said:

Got my package from FanGamer yesterday!  So took nearly 3 weeks to get to the land of OZ.  That's about average, I think.

Kudos to 2PP for for such a great documentary, and for probably the best looking bluray menu system I've seen.  Packaging is also something special.  This is going straight to the pool room (watch The Castle if you don't understand that reference).

Works great in my player, and also the PS4.  Noticed that the text in Tim's notebook, right at the start of Episode 2, was all blurred out.  Wasn't that supposed to be removed?

Well, guess I know what I'm watching over Christmas.

Glad you like it, and that it works in Australia.  It's supposed to be all region but you can't help feel on edge about that stuff.

Some blurs, like ones on Tim's private documents, are still intact.  Blurs that relate to Broken Age story spoilers are gone.

Another Aussie checking in, received it yesterday. Really love the packaging and super excited to sink my teeth into the documentary again in glorious BR quality :D Many thanks and congrats on getting it over the line!

I can't say that I like the bowed top and bottom, it makes it impossible to make the box stand upright. Didn't know this was a feature of the DoTT box. Anyway, for this reason the Death Gate box will continue to have its place on my nerd shrine instead.

As was already mentioned the inlay that holds the blue-ray slipcase in its place is very easily teared. It happened before I barely touched it.

Otherwise I'm very happy! The small art prints are beautiful, as is the slipcase! And the box is, too, even if I can't give it a prominent place in my room. As is so often with Double Fine, you give reasons to complain about but mostly make up for or even exceed expectations in other ways.

Still the Kickstarter I'm happiest with! :D

Edited by Acorino

Just letting @Levering_2pp know that I AM listening to the 2PP commentaries (since you've wondered a couple of times on them if anyone is), and the "Weekend at Schafer's" thing in ep 17 cracked me up.

I will be listening to all the commentaries in the new year. I won't be able to open my package until then...

Smiles

On 2016-12-17 at 8:56 AM, coperoco said:

So... everyone got theirs already? I´m really starting to get worried now...

Where do you live? 

On 17/12/2016 at 8:56 AM, coperoco said:

So... everyone got theirs already? I´m really starting to get worried now...

Haven't received mine yet either, so I don't think there's any reason to worry yet. (I'm in Norway.) 

13 hours ago, flesk said:

Haven't received mine yet either, so I don't think there's any reason to worry yet. (I'm in Norway.) 

We still get notifications on twitter from people all over the world receiving boxes.  The holidays could be holding things up in customs.

I´n in Spain, and a friend received his some time ago. I was very relaxed until then. But when he sent me a picture of the box... I suppose I entered panic mode  :D

I kind of stopped coming to the forums some time ago (I know!) and just wanted to see if I should be worried. 

Thanks for the replies, I´ll post when it gets here!

11 hours ago, Levering_2pp said:

We still get notifications on twitter from people all over the world receiving boxes.  The holidays could be holding things up in customs.

10 hours ago, MusicallyInspired said:

It'll come, man. Give it some more time.

Yeah, I'm not worried about it. If it doesn't make it here before the holidays, that's not a problem. 

If you don't have it a month or two from now, then I'd be worried.

Smiles

Sidequests are up on Youtube!

There's also a chronological playlist of all the DFA stuff including Sidequests and Amnesia Fortnight-

I'm working on getting all the Sidequests up on VHX right now, the other storefronts will follow.  These haven't been completely overhauled, just touched up enough to be comfortable giving them a wide release.  Audio was releveled to be consistent with the digital series files, some touch ups here and there.  Mostly just wanted them out for completion, and they give great additional info about about a bunch of people in the series.

Thank you so much! Any chance we can get a ZIP of the Sidequests up on VHX and Humble Bundle for easy download?

Edited by SubElement

Humble seems to be missing Ep15 Deleted - Act 2 Art Jammin'.

I see it on the list on Steam and VHX but its not on the doublefineadventure_deleted_ep15.zip file.

Thank you! I was waiting to receive the Blu-ray to finally see all the documentary - which I just did - so I'm now jumping to the sidequests! 

On 12/26/2016 at 6:53 AM, -burn- said:

I see it on the list on Steam and VHX but its not on the doublefineadventure_deleted_ep15.zip file.

Working with Humble to get things added/fixed

2 hours ago, Levering_2pp said:

Working with Humble to get things added/fixed

Any chance of a Sidequests ZIP as requested for easy download?

15 hours ago, SubElement said:

Any chance of a Sidequests ZIP as requested for easy download?

Sidequests should be up on Humble, Steam and VHX.  GoG coming soon.  Humble is the only place with the zips since we ran out of room for zip files on VHX.

On 12/26/2016 at 6:53 AM, -burn- said:

This should be fixed now

36 minutes ago, Levering_2pp said:

Sidequests should be up on Humble, Steam and VHX.  GoG coming soon.  Humble is the only place with the zips since we ran out of room for zip files on VHX.

Hmm, there are a lot of product categories on Humble for DFA and all of them need to have the sidequests added manually.  Going to take a bit longer than I expected but it should be done today.

4 hours ago, Levering_2pp said:

This should be fixed now

It is. I also downloaded all sidequests without problems.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, Levering_2pp said:

Hmm, there are a lot of product categories on Humble for DFA and all of them need to have the sidequests added manually.  Going to take a bit longer than I expected but it should be done today.

Thank you! All downloaded off Humble!

Paul, I'm having difficulty with the zip files from Humble that are >4GB in size on Windows, specifically the bonus-complete, deleted-complete, and the 42GB monster containing everything except the sidequests (Which I ended up downloading twice, hitting this behavior; and which doesn't have a torrent file, by the way).

7-Zip, after pegging a core for a few minutes, tells me these files cannot be opened as archives. WinRAR will actually bother to open them, and appears to be able to read and extract the files correctly, but it does throw two warnings saying the archive is corrupt.

I can't find much about this behavior (I find plenty about files within the archive being >4GB; not so much the archive itself); but what I did find suggests that the archive program on OS X is bugged, and doesn't create Zip64 files properly. I have elsewhere found a smattering of recommendations to use 7Zip to create Zip files larger than 4GB.