• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
underscore

Tips for a Brütal Nööb?

So, I'm on a Double Fine kick this weekend. I bought Brütal Legend on XBox to see what I've been missing all this time. Are there any Metal Masters out there willing to share their hard-won knowledge?

(I'm guessing tip #1 will be 'ditch XBox, buy it on PC'. Unfortunately my gaming rig is hors de combat, and my laptop is several years old now.)

If I still had xbox id game with you. For good tips I have videos of me playing online. Go type in xmikeyx1026 brutal legend videos will get you a feel for the mechanics behind the game.

I play the Xbox version still, so you join me in a battle. As far as tips go, for starters if you are Ironheade or Drowning Doom make sure you are using the flag solos, you don't have to do this with Tainted coil because of the Heriachy (I might be pronouncing this wrong) the coils use with the Battle Nuns, Warfathers, etc... so as far as Ironheade and Drowning Doom using the flag benefits you in battle so you can spread units out easier. For example, I can place a flag close to one geyser and then send one group of units to another geyser.

You can also practice against the Brutal AI in practicing with the flag or experimenting with tactics and see what works for you. Like Mikey I've also done some videos so feel free to come by my Youtube channel and check out my vids I did to get a vibe for the Stage Battles.

Youtube Channel: XxShadowxofxMetalxX

Also XB360: XShadowOfMetalX

Thanks guys! I will definitely check out those videos, especially now that I have played some of the campaign and won't be spoiled.

I'm having a bunch of difficulty with the 'battles', and I'm also not blocking properly. But the theme of this game is so strong that I don't mind failing every so often.

I made a bound serpent guide if you need help with getting those, heres a

Those videos are excellent, but I don't even have the vocabulary, so to speak, to understand what's going on. I will have to work on the basics, like not dying so often. :-)

Also I have trouble killing the big-fist guys. What works best on them?

Thanks a lot, man! Unbinding the serpents is helping me a ton in the 'not dying' area. (Growing -spoiler spoiler- helped me get the f-outta dodge too, in addition to gaining situational awareness on the field.) I gotta practice my solo licks, though; fumbling a Fan Tribute is gonna hurt.

If you're talking tips for the single-player campaign, my #1 tip is: When in doubt, abuse the car. It's totally OP, especially after some upgrades. :D I'm not very good at micromanaging and honestly probably wouldn't have beaten the latter half of the game, if not for doing 90% of the fighting myself while behind the wheel.

I'm glad that I could help. The best tip I can give is just get the tollusk for the call of the wild solo, there great at double teaming fan leaches.

When in doubt, abuse the car.
get the tollusk for the call of the wild solo

Sweet! I will keep these in mind!

If you're interested in Multiplayer, then you need to play--and someone to play with.

Yup, totally missed it. I feel appropriately shamed for not using rudimentary Internet forum etiquette.

To the [del]bat-cave[/del] correct thread!