Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gridsleep

The World Is Double Fine

Haha, that was a great read.

I'm swedish and Västerbottenost has always been my favorite one. When I really young, I actually refused to eat any other cheese, so my mother had to buy this one, that's one of the most expensive ones. :)

Love the meteorite theory. :D

Västerbottensost is one of few cheeses I do use. It's delicious. Sadly tends to get a bit oily as a pizza/hot sandwiches/toast cheese, so I cannot replace all my cheese use with it, but the taste is excellent. Best hard cheese!

Västerbottensost is one of few cheeses I do use. It's delicious. Sadly tends to get a bit oily as a pizza/hot sandwiches/toast cheese, so I cannot replace all my cheese use with it, but the taste is excellent. Best hard cheese!

Pretty much all hard cheese is terrible on burgers. Västerbottenost is magnificent in a pasta dish though, just magnificent.

Pretty much all hard cheese is terrible on burgers.

I'm not overly fond of cheese on burgers, but that cheese is almost always Cheddar, which is a meh cheese anyway.

Västerbottenost is magnificent in a pasta dish though, just magnificent.
I agree. It makes for an excellent pasta topping if sprinkled over a bolognese, or in a cream cheese sauce, or in a cheese pie, or even for stuff like grated into a panacotta. And lots of other things.

(I do, however, not believe in "Mac & Cheese" as being a real foodstuff. Cheese on pasta goes in a sauce or sprinkled on top of a bolognese, or as a gratin, or used in lasagne.)

Smoked gouda is the best on burgers. I love cheese and never tried Västerbottensost. I'll have to make a point to try it next time I shop for cheese.

Sign in to follow this